It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Propaganda....Clean your house or you will die

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

www.liveleak.com...

A film produced by The National Clean up - Paint up - Fix Up Bureau. This informational film lets us know that a clean tidy house will help us if an atomic explosion takes place. (you got to see this to believe it!)

Without a doubt, the Federal Civil Defense Administration film The House in the Middle provides is the definitive argument for residential beautification. After an in More..itial briefing by a devoted Civil Defense spokesman, viewers are whisked away to the Nevada Proving Ground where they witness the frightening consequences of neglecting their spring cleaning. Edifices that exhibit 'all the earmarks of untidy housekeeping' are promptly incinerated by a set of controlled nuclear blasts, but tidy ones maintain their integrity. Curiously enough, one of the structures is able to weather an explosion simply because its exterior has been coated with white paint. The absurdity of the whole exercise makes for compelling viewing.

For this film to be properly understood, it should be considered in the context of the time in which it was made. In the 1950s, we didn't have the internet or Freedom of Information to learn a bunch of stuff the government might not have wanted us to know. We didn't know anything of the true horror and human price of Hiroshima. To us the 'A-Bomb' was really little more than a giant firecracker ..

and, oddly enough, a Paints, and Laquers company had a hand in the making of this ..... gem!

So what do you all think... I could not believe this when I saw it, Clean-up your house or an atomic bomb will blow your house away and cause it to burn. Did our parents/grandparents actually fall for this?

-Kdial1

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Is the film even from that time? They are right... I got to see it to believe. Few things about the film struck me wrong. But then again, what do I know? I do not know what they are saying

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
So...they detonated how many radioactive atomic bombs in the production of this video?

I counted at least three, unless they were smart enough to do all the tests during the same bomb.

Nevertheless, it is amazing how propaganda has changed. It is much more covert NOW.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Hahahha...Im sure plenty of people believed this. I did not know that a clean house actually helped the structural strength of the building. Hell, youd think layers of dust would actually help...well I got nothing... hahha.

A nice coat of white paint will easily save your house from the crushing 600mph winds. (i dont actually know the force of a nuclear blast)

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

The funny thing is that I am in much more of a risk of wrath of my mother than atomic bomb being dropped in my area if I don't clean up.

Seriously, I don't think that film was made in that time. Few things gave it off. I vote hoax.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Everything would have been fine, if Timmy stayed in school.

I guess no one knew about fallout, back then.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Maybe that is why we have quite a few "extreme" clean freaks now days...but then why are my parents such clean freaks if they never lived in America...?
Oh never mind...

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Oh no a nuke! WOOOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH BOOOM

HOLY # IM MELTING AND MY ENTIRE FAMILY IS DEAD AND EVERYONE IN MY TOWN IS DEAD OR DYINGG!!! #KKK!!!!!!!

Well, at least the house is clean.

top topics

join