It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cool Technology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
With so much talk on here about the negatives such as doomsday, swine flu, hostile aliens, religon, etc... I thought I would take the time to bring something positive to the table. Here is some cool new technology that I stumbled upon on youtube.

Just thought this was really cool... This is a good direction that we are going on vehicles, absolutely amazing! Seems as to clean energy will be reality a lot sooner than we may think.

Car and Driver: BMW and Mercedes-Benz are strongly focused on mild hybrids and fully electric vehicles

and its a great concept of converting kinetic energy into electricity to power the vehicle and be completely quiet traveling up to 60mph. Our intelligence is increasing at an exponential amount, can't wait to see what the future holds!

Take the time to watch this, it will blow your mind...

[edit on 30-8-2009 by tmayhew01]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Converting the kinetic energy of the vehicle back into chemical energy in the batteries is called regenerative braking. The best thing though is that it's not a wimpy Prius...485HP combined output? I can't argue too much with that, even if it's only good for short periods.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
That thing's cool. You have 400 gasoline powered hp at all times so things shouldn't get too boring. Probably weighs a ton though and I'd say a service agreement would be a must. Still a cool piece of gear if you're on the profitable end of things.

join