It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global UFO Event to Occur in 2010? - Star Trek Hypothesis?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Just found this video interview, in the process of listening to it. Apparently Dick Criswell (credidentials unknown) is claiming that a global UFO event will occur sometime in 2010. The article seems a little far-fetched, but I will post more information once I have gotten done listening to it...

SOURCE

The following video interview may blow your mind. We sat back in our chairs for a good long while visualizing the impact of this video interview with Dick Criswell conducted on the Kevin Smith show.

The interview is long but stay in your chairs and listen to the entire interview so as to capture the full impact of what is being conveyed

Video Link

[edit on 30-8-2009 by tmayhew01]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
i didn't even watch that clip to say: won't happen. We have seen similar predictions several times and no ET's yet.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by raivo

Just posting relevant information... Decipher this as you please...

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by raivo
i didn't even watch that clip to say: won't happen. We have seen similar predictions several times and no ET's yet.

Wow you are so very astute....tell us something that doesn't seem so obvious. Since you decided not to watch the video, how about you not make any comments?

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing, although I would not put too much faith into this. I do not know how many times there have been claims of a "contact event on so and so date", remember the whole GFL fiasco with Blossom Goodchild last October? She is just one of MANY, I really hope something like what is said in the article happens, however at this point it is best to just wait and see as we continue about our lives, because more than likely (based on past events) nothing will happen. In my opinion, when disclosure or contact happens it will come out of nowhere, there will be no 'heads-up'. You will turn on the news one day and see it.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I agree... when the source started saying this:

According to Dick Criswell the human race race has been engaged in space battles and is also working with other factions of governments around the world to complete a project to deploy an array of optical satellites equipped with pulse weaponry before the year 2010.

I started to lose interest, but ill post if there is anything relevant to be shared.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
Thanks for sharing, although I would not put too much faith into this. I do not know how many times there have been claims of a "contact event on so and so date"

Someone on ATS put together a thread about all the doomsday predictions, there are lots of them, and it reads of course..fail, fail, fail, fail...etc.

I've never seen a list assembled of contact predictions, but it would read the same way.

Maybe the Star Trek writers have an idea, that once an alien civilization detects our first warp signature from a spacecraft, they will realize we are sufficiently advanced enough to be contacted. So if someone was getting to test our first warp drive engine next year, the possibility of first contact next year might seem greater. Or maybe I've seen too much Star Trek.

But in any case, I think predicting contact will be exceedingly difficult unless some circumstances like that are involved with an advance in our technology to get us recognized.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
So if someone was getting to test our first warp drive engine next year, the
possibility of first contact next year might seem greater

Explain

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by tmayhew01

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
So if someone was getting to test our first warp drive engine next year, the
possibility of first contact next year might seem greater

Explain

It was a reference to the Star Trek plot which "forecasts" this event for the year 2063:

en.wikipedia.org...

As established by the events of Star Trek: First Contact, Cochrane is the first human to invent warp drive, in 2063, drawing the attention of the Vulcans, and leading to humanity's first contact with an alien race.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tmayhew01

I believe what Arbitrageur is saying is that any advanced species may want to wait until a less advanced species (humans) have developed sufficiently for contact with ET beings. Meaning it may be similar to Star Trek, where advanced races feel it appropriate to wait until a civilization is at least capable of exploring the stars themselves before they make contact. This could be for many reasons, likely mainly because as technology advances to that level usually a civilization (well according to what we know of evolution) would also advance morally and be able to understand the PROFOUND implications of an interstellar relationship. That is my 2 cents anyways....

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Interesting concept I could definitely believe in the back of my mind, if we are on the verge, how amazing for us!

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Yes you nailed it jkrog. A lot of people think we aren't advanced enough for full contact. Maybe some observation to monitor our progress, but full contact could be waiting for some advancements in our technology like that (warp drive or something else), or maybe some convincing signs that we have advanced beyond wanting to blow ourselves up (aka nuclear war) or blowing anyone else up for that matter. Just some thoughts.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tmayhew01

Well according to NASA we are here:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/4bb6c02c32e64b45.gif[/atsimg]

in terms of "how close we are to a FTL drive". There was a Breakthrough Propulsion Program from 97-02, but it was closed due to budget constraints. Work does continue however...

NASA Breakthrough Propulsion Physics Project
Alcubierre Warp Metric

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

And a reply to your earlier post, I share your opinion. If all these "Nay-Sayer" are reporting the US government with such a massive cover-up.... It seems as with our technology and increasing rate of intelligence it would be very hard for the US government, or any for that fact, to continue to hide the truth from us. As loony as it may sound, I think we are coming into a time of higher intelligence and "era." I feel like if there was ever a better time in history to be told the truth from the government... It honestly would be right now. I mean not necessarily this second with swine flu and such going on, but we are very very close I feel.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Agree that we are not advanced enough yet spiritually as people... definitely gonna have to agree that we are still far to hostile. However, on a scientific and technological standpoint, I do feel that we are becoming very advanced. Imagine what we will have in 5, 10, 20 years from now? Or even what we may currently have... Honestly I think it will be something that may just blow or minds.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
just wanted to add another prediction. its from sylvia browne im not sure if thats how you spell her name. but she said that aliens would show themselves in 2010. shes a psychic I wont believe it until it happens though , of course. It would be awesome if it happened in our lifetimes though, at least I think so,

peace

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Not buying the techie whizbang, Buck Rogers "warp drive" theory on our being worthy of or ready for Contact with (presumably the right) nonhumans. If it happens, it will be because of an evolution of consciousness, getting our act together and (at longest last) growing the F up! To me, that primarily would have to entail enough people forsaking secrecy-BASED government(s) - ALL of it/them. No more hand-holding to go potty, children. (crickets chirp)

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Dean Goldberry

Something that I think could be possible within our lifetime. Thats my speculation

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
global event????????? WTF? Surely that means an event so fricking large that people dont even NEED to turn on their TV to see it...thus pissing the media off so that they HAVE to cover it....RIGHT. Global events happen everyday my friend. but good stuff anyway...and yes...stuff happens on a large scale constantly. Someone somewhere is seeing a 'falling star'....and there is no media that connects all the dots simultaneously. Everyday...it happens.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I can't see the video right now as I'm not in a convenient location, but I'd take anything posted on examiner.com with a ton of salt. That website is not to be trusted for serious info. Anyhow I got an idea about what OP is saying in general.

So many dates have been set for such an event, some have already passed and some are very near (Dec 2012 ?). The problem is that when you look for their basis, you find things such as ghost channellings, dreams, ancient mumbojumbo etc etc. Some just 'feel' that such event is near, which is nothing but 'wanting' desperately for such event. (May be after watching a movie or reading on the net, this want fires up and becomes a 'feeling').

The bitter truth is... you can only speculate on when and why an advanced alien race would make a contact. You can found the speculations on our own methods of contact with less advanced races (such as those in remote interiors of Africa or S.America), instead of guessing in air. How do we contact them ?

Do we do so for the purpose of study and scientific knowledge? Do we make ourselves safe first before we appear before them ? Do we take precautions to not to spread our pathogens into their village and not get theirs ? Do we attack them and capture them as slaves ? Do we handover powerful PCs, cellphones and nukes as gifts, to make them 'advanced' ? Do we try to convert them to our own 'type' ? Do we mark the area as a sanctuary and say that no one should disturb and keep it as it is, as a living museum ? Do we postpone our contact till the time these tribals start manufacturing shiny cars and jet planes of their own and we decide that now is the time ?

I think the answers are obvious, and from this limited perspective, we can guess about an advanced alien mind, and see the possibilities.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join