posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:17 AM
Any discussion on the constitutional rights of US citizens is moot because the US constitution was voided by the Patriot Act and other similar
legislation that was enacted during the Bush years and continues in force in the Obama years.
We have seen case after case where law enforcement just gets oh so frustrated with the rule of law and protection of liberty, so a simple “Hmmm,
this is terrorism / kiddie porn related (wink wink)” and all those protections that you thought you had just evaporate.
Innocent until proven guilty? Pshaw! Sex offender registries where people are added because they are suspected (not convicted but suspected) of sexual
offences, terror watch lists you can't get off even if you are a six month old infant or a decorated active service military officer with a top
secret security clearance, massive monitoring of your email and phones combined with extensive data mining of your finances to find out if you are not
a right thinking individual, Quakers being added to the the FBI dangerous criminal list because they were arrested at a peace rally. The list does go
In 2009, if you are a US citizen, you have the right:
- To be monitored, investigated and spied on by your government without your knowledge, even without suspicion that you have committed a crime and
- To be tasered, beaten and imprisoned for not complying quickly enough or pleasantly enough to the whims of a police officer.
- To be imprisoned without charge and held without trial if the government decided to revoke your rights, and you do not have any recourse or appeal
if that happens nor do you have the right to know why it happened.
- To be tortured.
- To be permanently placed on various lists and registries at the whim and pleasure of various levels of government, lists that will dictate where
you may live, work or travel.
- To be medicated into a stupor with drugs that are generally less effective than placebos but produce high profits for the drug companies.
- To get obese on food raised in factory farms with negligible nutritional content but sick full of sugar, dyes and coloring agents made by food mega
corporations while organic and local producers are increasingly shut down with restrictive regulations
America was once the land of the free, but no more. The US is not moving towards socialism, it is sliding rapidly into being a police state run for
the pleasure and profit of Monsanto, Blackwater (oops sorry Xe), Haliburton, General Foods and the rest.
[edit on 31-8-2009 by metamagic]