It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Incumbent movement...vote ALL the bums out!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by redhead57

That is a good idea, but is one big problem, dear, vote out and replace them with what? more of corrupted morons?

See the problem in our nation is that our politics are controlled by an elite group, these dirty rats controls who and when political figures are appointed, we the people are allowed to still believe that we elect politicians, but the truth is that we are allow to vote only with what is offered to us.

In other lames words we have a very "democratic" corrupted political system control by a few.

America is starting to wake up to that fact but by the time this nation wake up completely we will have nothing left to fight for.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I hear you loud and clear, that is what is so frustrating about the system we find ourselves in. I guess I stretch my mind to find some sort of workable solution to send a strong message.

Given a Junior Senator who only had national exposure at the convention and on Oprah, 4 years later is the POTUS...I would say someone is in control.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by redhead57

That is a good idea, but is one big problem, dear, vote out and replace them with what? more of corrupted morons?

Probably, but those morons would know that they would be voted out in the next election. It's not going to be an 'overnight fix' by any means. The big unintended consequence of this would be every person that got elected would receive congressional/senate pension for life, even for one term.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Well said... and I agree.. vehemently.

Our elected officials are just sound byte machines programmed by their respective party leadership.

What difference to get rid of one puppet in favor of another?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join