It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Bush & Co. will get away scott free!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
How many Americans paid attention to this? The media sure as hell didn't, - but now it makes some real conspiratorial sense:

NOT ACCOUNTABLE!
ATROCITIES IN IRAQ AND OUR WITHDRAWAL FROM
THE WORLD COURT
TvNewsLies - May, 2004

George W. Bush, upon taking office in 2001, immediately began a systematic withdrawal from major international treaties to which the US was a signatory. As part of that policy, on May 7th, 2002 Donald Rumsfeld informed the Secretary General of the UN that the US was officially withdrawing from the International Criminal Court (ICC).

Months before, the US had already established that the court would grant the United States immunity from the court for US citizens suspected of atrocities. Under guidelines pushed through despite EU concerns, US soldiers serving overseas would be immune from prosecution in the court, while politicians and US officials, including CIA operatives, could claim diplomatic immunity.

That was not enough. Rumsfeld made it very clear that the United States would reject any attempt by the court or state parties to the treaty to assert any jurisdiction over American citizens. In short, Americans were accountable to no one for any atrocities they might commit anywhere in the world....

Full article: tvnewslies.org...

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by scarlet
That was not enough. Rumsfeld made it very clear that the United States would reject any attempt by the court or state parties to the treaty to assert any jurisdiction over American citizens. In short, Americans were accountable to no one for any atrocities they might commit anywhere in the world....

Full article: tvnewslies.org...

...but our government is usually quick to condemn their so-called enemies when they commit such hideous acts. Funny double-standard, is it not? Really now, people have got to start seeing propaganda for what it is and separating such war machine fuel from useful information. They didn't invade Iraq because they thought Saddam was a bad guy or harbored terrorists. There were other reasons, but they overshadowed the primary reasons with stuff they don't really care about like "he tortures people; he's a dictator; etc". They don't want to invade Syria or Iran because they think they harbor terrorists. There are other reasons. And if they do invade either country, the whole debacle being seen in Iraq will repeat itself, if not in a worse fashion. I'd be willing to make a bet with anyone who thinks otherwise.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
It wouldn't surprise me if they planned the current gay-ass torture atrocities based upon what I'm reading here since it was ordered from up the chain of command. Maybe the pics were for "their benefit."

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Yes, and more dubious Executive Orders have been signed by this corrupt "president" than ever before.

It is really down to "We, the People" to determine whether or not George W Bush and his cronies get off scott free and not the world bodies from which they have famously withdrawn the United States.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
You know what, I dont even watch or want to hear on the radio what Bush has to say. The true image that he has hidden for all these years during his presidency is surfacing because of his stupidity. I must admit, there is some type of conspiracy going on with withdrawing from the International Circuit Court. Maybe thats why the European Union was not joining the fight with us because they disagreed about the US withdrawing from the ICC when the war started against terrorism. They probably knew the US would commit war crimes against the Geneva Convention law and thought the Bush Admin would use the EU for an escape goat and blame THEM for these war crimes and cause another war with the European Union. Good move for the EU for not joining us in the fight IF this is true.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Folks,
Why is it that no matter what George Bush does, it has to be part of some "Conspiracy"? If he goes along with any international agenda, then he's a "NWO pawn", and when he doesn't, he's involved in a horrible plot to commit evil. No offence, but I just don't get it. I don't understand the partisan hating of a person and all of their policies just because they belong to a certain party. I not a huge Bush supporter, and I definitely don't agree with everything he's done as President, but I've yet to see any real evidence that he's either part of a NWO conspiracy, or just plain evil. Aren't the world and the people in it a little less black and white than that?

-Cypher

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cypher
Aren't the world and the people in it a little less black and white than that?

Not in this case. Read the PNAC agenda, look at how and why the neo-cons assumed office, and how they have orchestrated information and events to fulfill it, at the expense of countless lives and the next three decades of economic and social development in the US. Forget the NWO and look closely at the damage at home.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   
MaskedAvatar,

I am fully aware of the PNAC, and actually have of number of their ducuments here on my hard drive. Now I will admit that I haven't read all of their documents, but from what I have read, I've yet to see anything that could be construed as evidence of the "Neo-Cons..orchestrating information and events to fullfill" their agenda.

So, other than the infamous PNAC, what else you got huh?

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Cypher,

If you have access to the video on 9/11 when Bush was at this elementary school in Sarasota Florida promoting that kids should learn to read, a security guard whispered in Bush's ear to tell him about what just happened, Bush's reaction was so fricken phoney. I dont know where you live but the majority of the people here (other than the HARDCORE republicans) in Florida said that something was fishy with his reaction, like if he expected it was going to happen. Ill look for it for you tonight if I can find it on the web BUT I think everyone seen that video clip BUT you may need to look at it again to refresh what you have seen back in 2001. Conspiracy?? Yes, I truly believe something rotten is going down even though I too WAS a Bush supporter until he landed our troops in Iraq. Remember, this war was started because of Osama Bin Laden and Al Quida and we were supposed to seek after these people involved with the 9/11 incident. What happened after Osama Bin Laden slipped through our hands??? Hmmmm, lets go get Saddam since he is supposedly linked to Osama. Osama said himself that he thought that "Saddam is a infidel". Osama doesnt want to partner with anyone that is not Muslim (which is Saddam) because Osama IS a radical Muslim, not a true Muslim. Trust me, Bush is un-raveling and he is seeing his last days in office. Now days you cant talk to a HARDCORE Republican about the current events without he or she blowing you off after you mention it because of disgust and disapointment OR because they are truly HARDCORE Republicans that deflect what problems are really there and highlight the problems of others just so that their leader doesnt seem he did anything as bad as these other people or groups. Put a fork in Bush because hes close to being done.

top topics

join