It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Iran Said to be Ready to Disclose Nuclear Program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
In a possible move to ease international pressure Iran has made ready a report said to disclose it's nuclear programs. Iran has drafted a report aimed at providing a complete picture of its nuclear program and will hand it over to the U.N. nuclear watchdog "very soon," its ambassador to the United Nations in Vienna said Thursday.

ABCNEWS.com

With world attention now focused on Iran's nuclear program, and Israel making it known that they feel threatened by Iran's nuclear aspirations, along with international pressure perhaps Iran is cracking under that pressure.

Or this could be just another stalling tactic.

Russia continues to honor it's contracts with Iran in the building of nuclear reactors in spite of complaints by the President of the United States of America.
(Related)
THE RUSSIA-IRAN NUCLEAR CONNECTION

The media is paying little attention to this news yet it seems that Iran is a far greater threat to the security and peace of the Middle East and the world than Iraq, Syria and Lybia are or ever have been... Yet there are no calls from the Bush Administration for sanctions, or embargos.

Could it be because of the added complication that Russia is involved with Iran?

You decide!

[Edited on 5-13-2004 by Valhall]

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
The media is paying little attention to this news yet it seems that Iran is a far greater threat to the security and peace of the Middle East and the world than Iraq, Syria and Lybia are or ever have been... Yet there are no calls from the Bush Administration for sanctions, or embargos.

Could it be because of the added complication that Russia is involved with Iran?

You decide!

:

I fully agree. Let's face it, this would be a much tougher war to "win" than Iraq. The sad fact is a mucher greater threat will be left unattended. That is unless/until Israel decides to take care of it. Quite frankly, any admission by Iran of what they have will probably be very incomplete. Wait a minute! Now I'm sounding like the admin talking about WMDs in Iraq. WTF?
o

[Edited on 5/13/2004 by CommonSense]

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Now, if Isreal would only disclose theirs as well....... Why pick on one country..... Get sanctions of ANYONE not disclosing!

It all comes down to politics and friends!

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I've been reading an article, the NY Times, I think, I forget, that the Iranian population really wants to kick out those clerics. They were talking about another revolution. I mean, whoever they vote for president, can get vetoed by the clerics. It's really getting them angry. They want their MTV! Maybe this mood has something to do with the disclosure.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_GazzYet there are no calls from the Bush Administration for sanctions, or embargos.

there have been sanctions on iran since 1979 so there isnt much else we could sanction....

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
I've been reading an article, the NY Times, I think, I forget, that the Iranian population really wants to kick out those clerics. They were talking about another revolution. I mean, whoever they vote for president, can get vetoed by the clerics. It's really getting them angry. They want their MTV! Maybe this mood has something to do with the disclosure.

Please!!! If they want them out, let them take care of it themselves!!!!

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere

there have been sanctions on iran since 1979 so there isnt much else we could sanction....

Sanctions imposed by the USA alone, or the international community?

If it is the USA alone the sanctions have little or no meaning to Iran, more over International sanctions against Iran if imposed already seem to have no effect on the nation of Iran.

I believe that Iran is the greatest threat, because Israel has made it clear that they would "take out" these nuclear sites in Iran as they did in June of 1981 in Iraq... If that happens we are caught in the middle in Iraq.. Iran has vowed to retaliate if Israel does strike.. and They have the Russians to get weapons and technology (for a price) from.

Do we really,REALLY know what Iran has to defend itself?

Gazz

[Edited on 13-5-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   

as quoted by UM_Gazz

Doing just a bit of research will reveal that there is no need for the Bush Administration to call for sanctions against Iran or Libya. Why? Cause they are already sanctioned by the US.
A Review Of US Unilateral Sanctions Against Iran
IRAN AND LIBYA SANCTIONS ACT OF 1996 (House of Representatives - June 18, 1996)

Here recently, most sanctions imposed against Libya have been lifted due to its recent 'turn-around' (also can be searched and referenced).
Bush lifts most sanctions against re-emergent Libya

*edited out the offending comment(s)*
My apologies to UM-Gazz. Even as a mod, I am not excempt from correction, thus the self-correction.

seekerof

[Edited on 13-5-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I stand corrected, You are right seekerof, I was not aware of the sanctions when I posted this topic... I wish I could remove that one line now.

Gazz

[Edited on 14-5-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Gazz....
Forgive me for coming across so direct. This is a bad habit that I have and need to correct, and I will do so.

My sincere apologies to you and to those within the ATS community who had or did read it. I am terribly sorry. I will make sure to guard against doing this to you again, you have my word.

seekerof

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Gazz....
Forgive me for coming across so direct. This is a bad habit that I have and need to correct, and I will do so.

seekerof

seakerof, No need to apologize my friend!

You are right, what this shows is how a non-professional such as myself can make mistakes.. I was only in a hurry to post as original an article on this issue as quickly as I could to get it in before someone else.

Gazz

[Edited on 13-5-2004 by UM_Gazz]

[Edited on 14-5-2004 by UM_Gazz]

new topics

top topics

join