It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel has Iran in its sights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
didnt know anything regarding the late September ultimatum Iran received respond to the latest international proposal aimed at stopping the Islamic Republic from developing a nuclear weapon.

I have read alot about October lately, Timewave theory especially indicated something is going to happen and thus maybe this is something we must keep an eye on.

But if diplomacy fails, the world should be prepared for an Israeli attack on Iran's suspected nuclear weapons facilities. As Adm. Michael Mullen, the chairman of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff, recently acknowledged: "The window between a strike on Iran and their getting nuclear weapons is a pretty narrow window."

If Israel attempts such a high-risk and destabilizing strike against Iran, President Obama will probably learn of the operation from CNN rather than the CIA. History shows that although Washington seeks influence over Israel's military operations, Israel would rather explain later than ask for approval in advance of launching preventive or preemptive attacks. Those hoping that the Obama administration will be able to pressure Israel to stand down from attacking Iran as diplomatic efforts drag on are mistaken.

Those hoping that the Obama administration will be able to pressure Israel to stand down from attacking Iran as diplomatic efforts drag on are mistaken.

Should Tehran prove unwilling to meet the September deadline and bargain away its growing and latent nuclear weapon capability, we can expect an Israeli attack that does not require U.S. permission, or even a warning.

Link to Source

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
Those hoping that the Obama administration will be able to pressure Israel to stand down from attacking Iran as diplomatic efforts drag on are mistaken.

This is what has been predicted by psychics, yet of course, who would believe a psychic story. I don't think it is the psychic story itself that is being true to the word, yet it is the emotion that is portrayed especially when they say the sand under Israel "will" look like glass. I take this as a bad move by Israel to take a pre-emptive strike, yet let them fight their own war.

Link to Source

Good source
... known to take both sides.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dzonatas

Good source
... known to take both sides.

Personally, I don't know how *anyone* can take the Israeli side.

Israeli actions in refusing to return land captured in war is clearly criminal. Israeli behavior towards the Palestianians is clearly criminal. Israeli sneak attacks against various middle eastern countries is clearly criminal. US action taken at the UN to prevent sanctions against Israel is clearly criminal.

If Israel launches yet another attack against Iran, I hope Israel gets turned into a parking lot.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by praxis

Oh how can anyone side with Israel?

How can anyone side with countries that fund and support groups of militants touting the destruction of established countries based on religious reasons? How can anyone side with countries that regularly show no regard for basic human rights of its citizens and use institutionalized discrimination against women? How can anyone side with countries that use a natural resource as a weapon to exert political influence on countries abroad? How can anyone side with countries that act like the Wild West even though the government is in "control" of the situation? How can anyone side with countries that are lead by rhetoric spewing puppets with an Ayatollah's hand up his shirt and clerically controlled paramilitary forces that condone terrorism against other countries?

Apparently you can.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Israel had better have Iran in it's sights.

And the slack taken out of the trigger.

They've been attacked by every nation around them to date multiple times, and each time they've handed their attackers their own heads.

Syria still hasn't learned anything.

Iran has no history with Israel, so their first lesson is apparently coming up.

No surprise. You go around threatening people, you'll eventually get your ass kicked.

Dumb people only learn from hard lessons.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
so basically Iran helped Israel back in 1981 to destroy Iraq's nuclear Program....

Cooperation of Iran in Operation Opera

Based on a variety of evidence, despite the conflict between Iran's Islamic regime and Israel after the 1979 Islamic revolution in Iran, and in line with the deep historical conflict between Persians and Arabs and the Iran-Iraq war, it is known that Israel and Iran cooperated to some extent in the Opera operation. It was reported that Israel had used some maps and information which had been prepared by Iran. Confirmed by Ari Ben-Menashe, one month before the attack some Israeli positions met Ayatollah Khomeini's representative secretly in Paris and discussed the attack. They reportedly agreed that in case of any unexpected technical incident during the operation, Israeli aircraft could make an emergency landing in a military base in Tabriz, despite the official position of the Islamic Republic of Iran that Israel was an illegitimate state.

Operation Opera (1981) - Israel attack on Iraq's Nuclear Site

so basically Iran knows Israel are capable of striking without any consensus from their friends.

So now we may say that an attack on Iran is truly imminent...what do you think this will escalate to?....will it just be a 1 hr operation or will Iran be tempted to strike back?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
for sure there is movement occuring, at least in the Israelis Media...there are the following posted today in the Jerusalem Post, all about Iran's Nuclear Program

NATO interest in Iran increasing

Iran without the bomb

J'lem wants IAEA report on Iran released

81% of Americans say Iran is serious threat to US

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

It is reports like that poll that is exactly the reason why I don't read JPost, and I don't consider it a reliable source. For some reason they have to use 'American' opinion... always... for actions to take in the middle-east, and then they sensationalize it. Strange that these polls are never seen or heard of in American, yet they are reported to be done by JPost.

JPost belongs in planogram of the check-out lines along with the rest of the tabloids.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by dzonatas]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dzonatas

It is reports like that poll that is exactly the reason why I don't read JPost, and I don't consider it a reliable source. For some reason they have to use 'American' opinion... always... for actions to take in the middle-east, and then they sensationalize it. Strange that these polls are never seen or heard of in American, yet they are reported to be done by JPost.

JPost belongs in planogram of the check-out lines along with the rest of the tabloids.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by dzonatas]

you are perfectly right...still we must keep in mind that the main source of this thread is Losangeles Times

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

No doubt.

One thing to consider that the article doesn't pull into view is the condition at the U.N. and if the U.S. actually continues to let Israel sit with the U.S. Israel has never official been an independent member of the U.N. That is Israel's first line of defense of why it doesn't follow every resolution placed upon Israel by the U.N. The U.S. has had to take blame. Obama has appeared to make his 'warning' that may change.

I can see how that change could happen and how Obama could be true to his words made at the July 08 convention in Isreal, yet I hesitate on it for now.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Yeah i guess all those russian weapons they've imported to iran aren't going to turn the tables in the slightest eh Dooper? lol srsly though israel has been itching for iran for like 2 years now they should just go for it it would be one big lulz fest :3

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by rationaluser

I don't know why your brought up the Russian weapons, as though that's going to make a difference.

Israel has faced Russian weapons for decades and done quite well.

Frequently, Israel knows as much about Russian weapons as do the Russians.

Russia even purchased Israeli UAV's. Russia has some very good systems, but Israel is very much aware, has the best defense electronics industry in the world, and some of the brightest.

Iran at best will get second tier technology. The stuff the Israelis have already figured out.

Don't take my word.

Ask Syria.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
hahahhaha no world war 3 yet ISrael...take this...

Iran ready to hold nuke talks with world powers: TV

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran has prepared an updated nuclear proposal and is ready to hold negotiations with world powers, Iranian television quoted the Islamic Republic's chief nuclear negotiator as saying on Tuesday.

U.S. President Barack Obama has given Iran until later this month to take up a six powers' offer of talks on trade benefits if it shelves nuclear enrichment or face harsher sanctions.

at least the late september ultimatum was taken seriously by Tehran

Lets hope for the best...still though i fear Israel will still try to implement a False Flag soon

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Well lets just hope Israel is able to independently pull it off against Iran without any requirement from the US to intervene, I mean just look at the situation in Iraq. I for one have no clue why the US were there for more than 6 years. Just imagine, if a country like Iraq required 6 years of occupation then how long is it gonna be in Iran in-case they retaliate...? US troops are already there in Afghan and Iraq pretty much surrounding Iran, wouldn't be surprised if they plan for another occupation!!! You see this is how the US works, they throw sanctions upon sanctions till the nation is weakened to such an extant that they can no longer be much of an offensive or defensive against their opponents.
I guess we could be seeing a few million barrels of Persian oil being stacked

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

I wouldn't doubt Iran finally manages a complete nuclear energy plant. They probably would have it done by now if it wasn't for the continuous threats from Israel. I'm sure such sanctions include Israel-bomb proof walls on their nuclear power plant in order to prevent meltdown and toxic radiation leak around the middle east.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Israel....Iran.Both countries citizens can't be bothered for the most part with war.As usual it's grumpy old men that are willing to sacrifice young lives for egotistical and geo-political means.Been that way for centuries,can't see it changing anytime soon.

top topics

join