It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frank Says House Will Likely Approve Audit of Federal Reserve HR1207

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Frank Says House Will Likely Approve Audit of Federal Reserve HR1207

Rep. Barney Frank endorses measure to audit the Federal Reserve that has won hundreds of co-sponsors on both sides of the aisle since it was introduced in late February by Rep. Ron Paul.

Rep. Barney Frank, the chairman of the House Financial Services Committee, has endorsed a bill calling for an audit of the Federal Reserve.

The support from the powerful Massachusetts Democrat comes after the measure, introduced in late February by Rep. Ron Paul, has won hundreds of co-sponsors on both sides of the aisle.

Frank's office had previously declined to comment on the bill, which had been idling in his committee for months, but the congressman publicly backed it when pressed on the issue at a recent town hall meeting held during Congress' month-long summer recess.

"We will subject them to a complete audit," Frank said, explaining that he has been working with Paul, a Texas Republican, on the bill and expects it to pass as part of a broader financial regulatory overhaul in October.

Frank Says House Will Likely Approve Audit of Federal Reserve

Rep. Barney Frank endorses measure to audit the Federal Reserve that has won hundreds of co-sponsors on both sides of the aisle since it was introduced in late February by Rep. Ron Paul.

FOXNews Story

This statement was brought to light during a townhall meeting and most MSM outlets only reported on the more colorful aspects of the meetings; this somehow went unnoticed until today.

FOXNews picked up on it. Many more people are becoming aware that Frank will be in the process of bringing this to a House vote soon. It should be rocketing to the top of the news agenda soon. (wishful thinking
)

In my opinion, the ruling from the Bloomberg story here; has greatly contributed to the overall air of anticipation of FED Transparency. I think one way or another we are going to get these Banksters and hold them accountable for their mis-deeds.

The value of our dollar has dimished so dramatically over my nearly ½ century ... It's really depressing at times.

Anyhow...

The Bill

ALL 282 Co-Sponsors are listed [color=gold]...

The Author

The Financial Committee Gang

Observations, insights, differences in opinion...

[edit on 8·30·09 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
that'd be nice but i highly doubt it'll actually ever happen. they're too entrenched in the system auditing them would just collapse the country.

its a secret anyway. its not like its your money they took, laundered, stole, hid kept, etc.

oh wait...

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I am just relieved that people are finally listening to Ron Paul. The media sure made him out to be some crazy whack job. But now, to us paying attention, he is a hero.

He kept fighting, even though he was being ignored and laughed at. We could all learn a lot from this man.

Congratulations to Ron Paul, a true modern day American hero.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

I thought he was a nut job to. But I find myself listening to his overall message more and more.

Maybe he is just a man afew years before his time. That's exactly what we need right now!

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Genfinity

Comparing him to his fellow representatives, I'd say he's several generations behind his time. This man still follows strict Constitutional values, while all the others believe the Constitution is severely outdated.

Either way, Ron Paul and those who follow him, believe that our forefathers left us everything we needed, to keep the scum from rising to the top of the pond.

Anyway, glad you stopped and listened to him, before writing him off as a nut job forever.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Cant believe everyone wasnt listening to ron paul before...

The man knows his stuff and is one of the only politicians that comes to mind when you think of a congressman actually doing something beneficial for the american public.

Props to Ron Paul. Always will remain a supporter.

Time to blow the lid off the joint and see whats been going on this entire time.
There will certainly be a lot of skeletons in that closet.

This could change the way things are going.

top topics

join