Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Best UFC fight of all time?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Now, I'm only a casual viewer of the UFC, but when I watch, I am absolutely glued to the TV.

My question to all the other UFC fans, what do you think is the best fight in UFC history? I'm talking a real, edge of your seat, balanced, incredible fight.

I have to throw in the possibility of last night's Nogueira v. Couture fight. It was outstanding. Couture is the toughest SOB on the planet. There are three instances in that fight when it should have been over but somehow he kept his wits about him and defended himself. Nogueira is a machine though, and obviously won that bout.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
i just have to jump in and say couture is not the toughest around.
that title goes to the current mma king by the name of fedor emelienenko

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by thing fish
i just have to jump in and say couture is not the toughest around.
that title goes to the current mma king by the name of fedor emelienenko

Yes, Fedor is a tough cookie!

My favorite fight of his is the one with Hong Man Choi. He made quick work of the intimidating 7'2" 330 pound giant. Here is the fight in it's entirety.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Obviously Fedor is an animal. He is a fighting machine. But did you see that last couture fight???? He was practically knocked out 3 times and still defended himself. He is unbelievable.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Anderson Silva is about the best fighter I've ever seen preform with GSP a close second.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus
Obviously Fedor is an animal. He is a fighting machine. But did you see that last couture fight???? He was practically knocked out 3 times and still defended himself. He is unbelievable.

Yes, Couture is a Legend without a doubt. His last fight was phenomenal...I can't believe he kept on going...well, I can...but what heart he has.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

I'm a boxing fan myself and don't follow UFC and don't know the rules, but I'm assuming Fedor Emelienenko won because he got that Japanese guy's arm in a position by straddling the arm while twisting his body, that it would've broke if the Japanese guy hadn't slammed the canvas with his left hand in submission.

Am I right in assuming that?

Peace

[edit on 14-9-2009 by Dr Love]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Anderson Silva is about the best fighter I've ever seen preform with GSP a close second.

Anderson Silva is a monster! I wish I could say I like him, but I just can't find it in me. I guess it's because the big names in the UFC have always had big personas. He just lacks the flare...BUT, I guess this isn't the WWF...So far he has out planned/trained his opponents...but I can not wait for the day that he gets knocked out cold...hopefully from a knee to the head.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

I'm a boxing fan myself and don't follow UFC and don't know the rules, but I'm assuming Fedor Emelienenko won because he got that Japanese guy's arm in a position by straddling the arm while twisting his body, that it would've broke if the Japanese guy hadn't slammed the canvas with his left hand in submission.

Am I right in assuming that?

Peace

[edit on 14-9-2009 by Dr Love]

Nail on the head. He made the guy submit...if he had not submitted, then he would have gotten his elbow broken, then the knees or ankles....But it truly is not a blood sport like it has been made out to be. These guys rarely ever break bones in these submission, as all fighters know to submit or else suffer a career ending injury. The exception to that would be some of the Brazilian fighters...they are tough, but pride has left a number of them crippled.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Are we talking about the same fighter?

Anderson Silva:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

But if you look at the joint after the tap-out, it does look like his elbow has been dislocated. I had a dislocated elbow playing college football and it looked a lot like that.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Are we talking about the same fighter?

Anderson Silva:

Yup, same fighter! I just don't like him. And it's nothing about him personally, I bet he's a nice guy.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Yup, same fighter! I just don't like him. And it's nothing about him personally, I bet he's a nice guy.

Ok, when you said he was a monster I thought you may be confusing Tim Sylvia with Anderson Silva.

No worries though, everyone likes who they like...

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Ok, when you said he was a monster I thought you may be confusing Tim Sylvia with Anderson Silva.

No worries though, everyone likes who they like...

LOL. I thought you might be thinking that. I just mean that his fighting skills are monstrous. He's got 300 pounds of toughness packed into an 180 pound frame.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Right, it's called an ArmBar.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

That was a good fight. I got lucky and a friend had an extra ticket, and got to be there.

It was a great fight. You should of seen how pissed off the crowd was that Couture lost. When I walked out everybody was saying "That **** was rigged!"

I thought there would be a riot. There was some other awesome fights that night, but I don't even remember the names.

Earlier on in the night, (was before the event went live) there was a fight that had a Seven Second Knockout. I actually missed the whole fight because I got a text.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I like UFC and I like Chuck Liddell, he's pretty good. But, WEC has good fights too and my FAVORITE fighter(is soo hot) is Urijah Faber.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by concerned190

Looks tough. He reminds me of the main character from that video game, Prince of Persia.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

He's quick and loves to punch.......he makes up moves as he goes. He's hot to watch.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by concerned190

Yeah he's a hell of a scrappy dude, but his career is young yet.

I'm still not a fan, just cause his close-together eyes freak me out.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join