It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Would You Do For A Million Dollars?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

I believe in this world, we are all natural greedy.

It is just that our means to accomplish this greed are different. Some could be nice acts, and others harmful acts.

I will say this though. We all want a sense of power. Yours might be integrity, and others might be economic control (money in this situation). As long as we keep fighting our own battles, hopefully the world will keep spinning.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by open_eyeballs
What Would You Do For A Million Dollars?

Two chyx at the same...oh wait, you said for, not with. My bad.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
A million dollars isn't all that much, relatively speaking, to a certain number of human beings on this planet.

Funny thing is, these people tend, for the most part, to be so pathological and twisted that a solid majority of them would do anything as strenuous, depraved, or desperate-sounding for an exra million as anything an impoverished human would be likely to suggest.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I would do everything on that list for 1,000,000 but kill. But for 10m maybe... and for 100m sure.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist

I believe in this world, we are all natural greedy.

It is just that our means to accomplish this greed are different. Some could be nice acts, and others harmful acts.

I will say this though. We all want a sense of power. Yours might be integrity, and others might be economic control (money in this situation). As long as we keep fighting our own battles, hopefully the world will keep spinning.

Naturally greedy?

I do not understand this in the least.

As a Security Officer, taking in Baker Act patients (psyche patients) the other Officer's (not every one of them, but several I worked with consistently) would throw away the homeless persons last two cents, or put it in their pocket, because they were too lazy to fill out the documentation and enter it into the computer.

Can you guess what I did?

I dug those two cents out of the trash, or insisted they give to them me and I filled out the documentationm because I knew instinctively that this money might be the only thing they had to their name.

I have contiunally been presented with opportunities towards the fast track to power, and I turn every one down, not because I do not seek power, but because I seek power through the regular occurences, as in through receiving it when I merit it, not because it is handed to me on a silver platter.

To me someone else offering me power, is equivalent to receiving poison, because I am watching to see what they expect to receive in return for this power, and I have yet to have taken it nor will I ever.

Power, like knowledge, is earned, not given (which is why I disagreed with the Iraq War, democracy is earned, not a McDonald's franchise), I have earned every bit of power I have because I earned it through knowledge.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

It is just to enough to buy a house, and a few cars, and have money left to invest.

Right! Thats what I said, excpet I added in there a few nice vacations...

Don't Drink The Water.

haha..ya..unless you want to be hovering the porcelain king for the next 2 dasy straight!

ever notice how every drink in tijuana tastes like tequila?

gin and tonic= tequila and tap water

vodka redbull= tequila and yellow colored tap water...

jager bomb= tequila an dcarbonated brown colored water

=yuck!

I'm going to invite you over to the thread below.

Harriet Tubman, This Underground Railroad Will Carry Free Men, Trying Not To Become Slaves

cool..will do!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

dude, you know you would do that for free...c'mon!

just make sure it isnt with your chick...she will get jealous...no doubt about it...

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I would not do any of that list for any amount of currency.

I work for my money thanks. If that means 9 consecutive life sentences of baggin groceries to make a million, then so be it.

I do believe greed is huma nature though. There are so many of us that are so shortsighted that all we ca think about is money. It's sad really. I never struggle to pay bills and don't even have a job right now. Why? I'm not sure

I just always seem to have enough money to do everything I want.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
How about if you have that much BUT have finally realized that currently you are pretty damn powerless in your quest to retain much of it?

That it's really not all that much/not nearly enough on the scope of what's happening these days? To have it whittled away by excessive pricing and little value,unfair taxes and the high cost of private health care?

What to do for it?: hard work,long hours, a bit of good luck, and years of saving.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by irishchic]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I have read this thread a few times... and come to one idea

people are all pretty much the same...
it makes no diffrence what they say ...

some have trust in others , some beleive in diffrent ways , some lisen to higher powers , or diffrent magical ways .

but people are all people
people are all pretty much the same
they worry about the same things
regardless of where they have gone ,
or how they have lost their way.

people are pretty friendly ,
honest if they have nothing to say .
they try to do the right thing when they are left to do whats fair

yeah , people are just people , good when they are left to be .

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join