It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Would You Do For A Million Dollars?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Hypocrisy at its finest in this thread...

Kick out the "corrupt leaders", yet the admittance of the same doings are floating all around here.

I have told myself and others that my integrity is always at stake for something I want more...

I have also said that hypocrisy doesn't de-legitimize anyones point, yet only proves the others.

What would I do for a million dollars? A lot...

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

Funny thing is this thread is a great example as to why those that believe there are people out to get us and kill us and take over the earths natural resources (some of which there is ood reason to believe) dont get that these people are the exact same as us. We are no different than them. There is no NWO (in the commonly accepted deefinition). No illuminati to lead the goyim along with a shoe string...That stuff is a gerneralized fairy tale to spread b.s. to the ignorant...

Its funny how you see a thread like this one and one like sancho (name?) made about the elite controlling the worlds markets, yet people here will go into that thread and be like "im angry! How were they able to perpetrate such crimes?! Its an outrage!!" ...yet peope will come here and freely admit that they would do the same things they accuse the rich and elitest of doing!'

CLASSIC...SO CLASSIC...

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

Yup. That is why I do not get up in arms about all of it.

Since perfection is impossible when we speak of the state of all things, we must take it step by step to improve ourselves as a species in general.

Self-entitlement is human nature, and the means by which we get that is not the same for all of us, yet similar, as we can tell by this thread.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I've got news for you. Many of us sell ourselves for far less than a million dollars. Many of us - probably the majority of us - compromise ourselves, lie, cheat, steal, bend rules, hurt people, all for their regular pay. The important thing to realize, though, is that people aren't doing these things for the lousy tens of thousands they get; they're doing it for their livelihood. They're doing it so that they can eat, have a roof over their heads. For most of us, it's not about money per se; it's about surviving. And sure, we'll do all sorts of things if we think our survival is at risk.

I don't know what I'd do for a million dollars. I think I'd have to be given a specific task, then asked how much I'd require in order to do it. I had a friend who often asked, "How much money would it take for you to eat a spoonful of dog poop?" Silly question, but really - how much? Would you simply refuse, even for a billion dollars? I mean, just one moment of horrible experience, and you'd be set for life. You could do a lot of good with a billion dollars. Or ten billion, or whatever.

I think for many people, it creeps up on them. They don't start out willing to murder or commit serious felonies. They work up to it. They get asked - and go ahead and do - lesser crimes first, destroy a memo here, sabotage a guy's career there, maybe justifying it on the theory of "self defense" or something. After a while it becomes easy, and they can consider worse crimes. I'd hate to think that there are people who would go ahead and murder, without ever objecting (I know there are such, but I still hate to think of it).

Once you've crossed a line, they've pretty well got you. You can't get out. You've broken the laws, done something they can reveal if they want, and you're owned. So you keep on doing stuff, stealing and back-stabbing and whatever it takes to maintain the status quo.

I'm not a saint. I've got my price, I'm sure. But - I think I'd need more than a million dollars to do anything serious. A million doesn't go as far as it used to, you know...

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

"What Would You Do For A Million Dollars?"

Make love to Hilliary Clinton

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Personally, I wouldn't want that kind of money. Why you ask... I have learned over the years to appreciate the things that I have...why? Because I worked hard and earned every bit of it. Money creates problems...not that I wouldn't love a debt free life, but hey I don't need any more problems!

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Hell, taking the money would not be as sweet as earning it. So if I could I would much rather be gifted fantastic but small start up business idea

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Luckily I'm Catholic, which means I'd do pretty much anything, and just confess it after.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The same I would for a klondike.

or a blond *** lol Kanye.

For a million dollars, i'd work hard for it.

Just family work ethic I suppose, my dad was a very wealthy man and worked at his job well. Although he was an oil tycoonist

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by useless eaters

Seriously... you have more cahones then me my friend.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by open_eyeballs
Would you lie?

Would you steal?

Would you inflict pain?

Would you manipulate?

Would you cheat?

Would you bend the rules?

Would you compromise your integrity?

Would you take someones job?

Would you threaten someone?

Would you kill?

Now ask yourself what you would do for 10 million. How about 100 million? And then of course, how a bout 1 billion?

Here is a forum talking about global meltdown. What seems to be the main focus in this forum? Economic immoralities. Why? Simple answer, no? Money and power...

Ask yourself why it is our corporate and political moguls continue down their career paths? How does one become mega rich and hence mega powerful? You think by straight as an arrow fairness and integrity?

I would be willing to bet not one human who has made over 10 million dollars has their hands completely dirt and/or blood free.

Now, ask yourself if these same rich, powerful people for the first 25 years of their life woke up every morning and told themselves: "Hey, you know what? I cant wait until I can screw the little guy for that first million." Or "I cant wait to bend the rules and change policies for that first 10 million."

I dont think anyone went into the game with those intentions...well, maybe some...But I would be willing to bet the majority went into the game thinking they can change it from the inside...

Whats my point? The point is I would bet 99% of you (and I) would do the exact same thing... So what if a few thousand people loose their jobs...Ill make an extra 5 mill just by sending a few lobbyist to washington, sending that 5 krt. necklace to the wife of that opposition senator, and cutting a few hundred jobs...What is the big deal?

Well, maybe that is just the problem. For all our differences: democrat... republican. Liberal...conservative. Religious...non religious. We sure all seem to have one thing in common: greed.

So, I suppose if we want to stop "Global Meltdown" then we must limit greed. So to you I say: How?

My lady and i have worked hard for the better part of 3 decades and we have money.... we earned it with honesty and integrity.... never once have we screwed over a single person to get it, nor hurt intentionally a single employee....

what people must remember is that having money is a wonderful tool to be used wisely.... and if you are not careful it can cause you more grief than you ever wanted....

and it is harder to keep because some thief is out there laways trying to get it....

She and i could not be bought off and we have high values so as impressive as your list is... i can honestly say that it does not apply to us...

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
hilary clinton is one hot mama next to janet reno but so is emo

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by lilwolf

Hey, that is fantastic. I know of many who did it the honest way. You guys are not necessarily the exception, and I didnt mean to imply everyopne who has money got it dirty. Not at all. I fully realize ther are hard working individuals who saved their butts off for yeasr and years, and then are good to go near retirement age. That is truly a feet. One that will be less and less prevalent as time goes on in my opinion. Kids these days just dont have the tools to help them make good healthy financial decisions like they did a few decades ago...

Thats why I said anything over 10 million more than likely was garnered through some shady act. One way or another, more than likely someone got screwed if you have that kind of cash...The more you have the less someone else has...It seesm to be the way things work...But i am certain there are even those with that kind of cash that could be exceptions.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

It all depends.

As far as I'm concerned its all on a situational basis, each one of the questions can be answered yes or no depending on variables (except murder, I wouldn't kill for money ever, I wouldn't kill period)...

However, that being said, I wouldn't be some greedy jerk with my money if I got it (by whatever means), I would definitely be helping out friends, family and the less fortunate and be using my money to wake people up to the evils of the greedy elite...kinda ironic don't ya think

Money truly is the root of a great deal of the death and suffering that has plagued human history and it has become a dangerous illusion, much like religion and politics...

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I wouldn't do anything for 1 million dollars( if any of those opportunities were presented to me), I would much rather work for my hard-earned money than be a corrupt jerk who cares nothing more in the world than saving his own money for himself. However IF I were that sort of person...I would say that I would do any means necessary to get that money short of killing a person.

I know what it's like to live with a corrupt person like that, and boy would you imagine how much you realize that little green piece of paper can do to a person!

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I would NEVER put the well being of fellow humans below monetary gain. I would NEVER exploit others in order to prosper off their backs. I would NEVER sell my soul for worthless pieces of paper.

Anyone who would do so is part of the problem and the reason our species is being set back.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

A virtuous and noble statement...

Sometimes though, things are done inadvertantly, and the wealthy gain off the backs of others un-intentionally. Some may just look the other way, and some (I like to think the minority) do it ever so maliciously and intently.

I would like to think I would do the same, but I believe it would depend on the circumstances and outcome...Who knows, if it came down to punching a dude in the face randomly, I could always go back and hook him up with a good 25%...right?

I dont know...just an example...if even a poor one...

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Would you lie? Yes

Would you steal? Yes

Would you inflict pain? YES

Would you manipulate? Yes

Would you cheat? Yes

Would you bend the rules? indeed

Would you compromise your integrity? Yes

Would you take someones job? of course

Would you threaten someone? sure

Would you kill? yeah I could do that

Am I a hypocrite? Sure as heck am there is nothing and I mean nothing I would not due to insure that my family had a home paid off and enough supplies to ride out shtf I would do anything for them.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Due to economic woes of 2009...

I would do approximately 20x less today for a million dollars, than I would have done 15-20 years ago.

T. Boone Pickens said it best in the title of his book... The First Billion Is the Hardest (to make honestly; I'd add.)

[color=gold]...
somewhat OT

How many billionaires does it take to screw in a light bulb?

One of course, The billionaire holds the bulb while making everyone else rotate the globe around him.

Weird, I just made that up.
It's too early in the morning.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

Originally posted by useless eaters

Seriously... you have more cahones then me my friend.

Heck, for two million I might even consider Barbara Bush.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join