It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Would You Do For A Million Dollars?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

Just because I don't like them...hahaha...They're too smug; yes, I'd do it, but at least I admit I'd do it, they don't and won't ever admit that's how they got ahead. Well, it hasn't gotten me ahead, I am still jobless, clueless, and a servant...But the rules I bend are like the speed limit, small things, so it's not the same I guess. If I could've lied my way into harvard or yale, yes I would have believe that. If I could've lied my way into a scholarship, I would also, beleive that!!!! But they didn't have to lie to get in because they did make at least the grades to get in most of them anyway.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

sure man, i think most of us would settle for such luxuries (land, house, no bills...
..)...you must know the ownership of such things puts you in the top 10% of the world richest..right?

but how would you react when put in a position that could make you ultra rich and powerful? or at least never have to worry about feeding your family again for the rest of your life, and live in a world that treats you like a king?

not much a family man wouldnt do to put his family in that kind of situation...

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

hey, i give you all the credit in the world for being honest!

I bet if you got down an dirty with them in an interview you would hear them admitting more than you think they would..

example: Frost/ Nixon interview...

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Maybe, I think that depends though on who you're asking...some will continue to lie with a smile on their face. I was a person who would have never thought of doing those things but now, I am just sick and tired of being poor!

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I don't see why people are so crazy to get money in the millions. If you DO somehow obtain that much cash, you will not have it as long as you might think.

And the peace of mind problem will never go away. You will have people you don't even know asking you for money.

Answering the OP, I would not do any of it. Being rich is not what it is cracked up to be. I mean, you lose yourself in all the money.

[edit on 30-8-2009 by Bushido Kanji]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
i would do any thing that wouldn't kill my self or any one else or hurt any one else or my self

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

actualy I think you have it right and wrong at the same time .

the song is the same , and the boss never changes...

what you missed is that people are just people , we are all pretty much the same , not really all that diffrent just make our living stand in diffrent ways , take a stand in diffrent place , get along on diffrent days .

were are all not so very diffrent , except where we are going and from or where we came .

people are just people , we are all pretty much the same ,

rich or poor , strong or weak , down and out or great fame or some aclaim . people are just people , we are all pretty much the same .

the things we will do for money its a crying shame

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

hey brother, you and 6 other billion people on earth!

my point is to remember when you come in that position of wealth and power what it was like being in the opsition you are in now...

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I'd take the money, i'm emotionally weak, care for my parents , the people around me, the problem is just how misplaced this thinking is.

buddhists got one thing right, look after everyone else, and all problems can be solved.. not just yours

A

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Bushido Kanji

I agree and dont agree.

there is a certain peace of mind t5hat comes with being wealthy (not worrying about putting food on the plate or being able to pay rent), but you are absolutely right that you will always have problems.

they just change...keeping the wealth you have accumulated becomes number 1, or extending it becomes the obsessions..people all to often do not settle for what they have..they are willing to do what it takes to become more rich and or more powerful...

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
tell you to stick it....up

you get my point

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I am a woman BTW, anyway, that's true, I would never forget where I come from I always said if I somehow got that kind of money, like lottery winnings in the millions, I would help people and the ones that really do need the help...I mean I even want to open a restaraunt and then on certain days give free meals to homeless and stuff like that. I always said I'd do that. We play the lotto a lot.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by readerone

what you missed is that people are just people , we are all pretty much the same

actually, that is exactly my point...

someone who believes they are different than those in power are fooling themselves..most would make the exact same decisions as those who have made them ove rthe ages..

then comes the conspiracies, the ideologies and all the rest of teh mentalities that makes a website such as this one hum right along...

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The middle-class are the REAL people. They are more real than the rich, and better off than the poor. Most of them wish to be upper class, but those same people wouldn't kill for it; they wouldn't cheat other people, and they wouldn't hurt others for it.

There is nothing wrong with being ordinary, everyday people having to work every weekday from 7 to 5 in most cases. It is honorable and it makes the world go round.

Not everyone can be rich and powerful, otherwise no one would be rich and powerful. Sometimes you just have to take it all in stride and be grateful for what you have, whether it be a million dollars or a hundred.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by open_eyeballs
reply to post by severdsoul

sure man, i think most of us would settle for such luxuries (land, house, no bills...
..)...you must know the ownership of such things puts you in the top 10% of the world richest..right?

the sad part is, if people were not chasing the dollar for all the things not needed and investing in things they do need, it could not only be possible, but very real for a majority of the country.. look at how much cash we waste each year on gadgets and junk that we realy dont need.. I'm guilty as the next, although i am very picky on what i waste cash on and how much real useful value i get from it. People buy new cars all the time.. sure they are nice.. but do we realy need a $30K car? the most i have spent on a car is $6K cash. sure you have to do work to the cheaper ones.. but new and sparkley is not always better.. Want a truck.. New Dodge 4x4 will run you $50K ... my old ford cost me $3k and runs like a top gets me every where i want to go, on and off road.. sure it has a few dings from hunting, and is not shiney.. but in the end, its just a car..

but how would you react when put in a position that could make you ultra rich and powerful? or at least never have to worry about feeding your family again for the rest of your life, and live in a world that treats you like a king?

not much a family man wouldnt do to put his family in that kind of situation...

You have a point there.. but i would suck at it.. once i had enough to support my family i would bail out and be gone... i'd like to say no way i would do it, but it would be tempting. thats for sure.

Power, and treated like a king, naa not me.. i'm not that type of person.. I dont like the spot lite, or fame.. years ago use to play in a band, nothing big , local only, i played bass because they needed someone, i enjoyed it, but after a few weeks, i got a wireless hook up for the guitar and i would sit in the back and play.. while as they say being on stage is the biggest high you can have.. its not for me.. i'd rather blend in and not be noticed and enjoy life.

[edit on 30-8-2009 by severdsoul]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

my bad...you got the right idea then sister
..lol...

no offence, but the resaturant thing..believe it or not would probably not happen..

its the hardest bizz to crack, and Ill tell you what, giving meals away is harder than you think...

i used to own and operate one...when we werent struggling to pay the bills and we would have to just put out special after special trying to lure people in the doors...it would burn my britches, because even people with money would come in and take advantage of the specials and then not show there mug again until there was another special...
...hey, its the way it is...but all that hard work to just give it away, believe me you probably wouldnt feel so generous after people leave with no thanks...and no loyalty

and we even had loyalty cards..(you know point systems and stuff)!!

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Well if I won 180 million dollars what would it matter if we made money off the business then right? I'd do other stuff like invest some too...I am not that dense. LOL. I wouldn't get too big of a house because I hate cleaning so I would get a nice normal sized normal priced house. And nobody cleans well enough for me, IMO, I rather do it myself and not have to go around and do it after I paid someone else to do it!!!! LOL!!!!
I'd also like to add that as long as I served alcohol in this location where I live and cheap enough, I'd at least get the beerheads, we have enough of those to keep the restaurant afloat here. lol.

[edit on 30-8-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
just a after thought.....

was watching MTV cribs the other day, nothing on so it worked for noise...

one of the music stars was showing off their cars... a limited edition bently special color, and tricked out and customised... $1.3 million dollars.......

Ok.. now is that needed in any way shape or form.. sure i can see people making cash and enjoying life.. but whats the point...

i dont get society for the most part... but then again i am a bit odd...

How many people would that car feed and for how long?
not like he "needed" it , waste of cash in my opinion

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
quite a bit.

line number dos

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join