It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pineal Gland and the Third Eye Puzzle.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Much hocus pocus surrounds the Pineal Gland and the Third Eye. A search on either will bring up thousands of websites dedicated to either explaining the phenomenom and proposing a set of directions for 'opening' the Third Eye.

As usual, it seems that the more one researches the topic, the more difficult and confusing the topic becomes. I don't like difficult and confusing for something that comes naturally to everyone.

Here's a couple of websites and explanations that shine some light (pardon the pun) on the difficulties for us to comprehend what it all means:

Visualization exercises are the first step in directing the energies in our inner systems to activate the third eye. The magnetic field is created around the pineal gland, by focusing the mind on the midway point between the pineal gland and the pituitary body. The creative imagination visualizes something, and the thought energy of the mind gives life and direction to this form.

www.quantum-self.com...

I see... now I need to focus my mind on a certain area of my brain. How hard can that be?

...much evidence suggests that the pineal gland may be able to directly sense the light. Immunocytochemically, it is reasonable to believe that the pineal gland can be photo-receptive. Scientists have already realized the structural similarity between the pineal and the retina. The pineal was simply called 'folded retina', a variety of genes that are only expressed in eyes are expressed in the pineal gland as well (9,10). The pineal gland not only has photoreceptors, but also has a complete system for optical signal transduction (11,13). That is to say, if there is a light-transducing passageway, a pineal gland is capable of detecting light. This can explain why photic suppression of pineal melatonin remained unaffected in mice genetically lacking retinal photoreceptors. There may exist a secret unknown light transducing passageway that allows the mammalian pineal gland to detect light directly.

www.pureinsight.org...

Ah... scientific jargon full of 'much evidence' and 'can' and 'may', meaning no-one really knows squat.

I like simple explanations.

Close your eyes and try to visualize... anything. A Pineapple, your pet, your mother's face, a taxi-cab will do just fine, especially if it's an easy thing to do.

Do you 'see' something in the darkness behind closed eyes? Does it have form and colour? Is the taxi yellow with a checkered line along the fenders (if so, you must be from NYC
)

That's the Pineal gland at work, imo.

Tossing it open to debate because I must be wrong. It can't be that simple...can it?

Is the channel to other dimensions, precognition, extra-sensory perception, the crack in the Cosmic Egg and all such strange and terrifying phenomenon all related to something we all do every day of our lives... dream, daydream and fantasize?

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Let me ask you this... Have you ever seen anybody with 3 eyes? that should answer your questions.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chovy
Let me ask you this... Have you ever seen anybody with 3 eyes? that should answer your questions.

Ever hear of the minds eye?

[edit on 30-8-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

Yes. The problem is that this third eye isn't on the outside of the skull but inside of it.

Read the second external quote in the OP again. It's been firmly established that the pineal has photo-receptors and the means to transmit that information to other parts of the brain.

In other words, it acts exactly like the other two eyes most mammals have.

All I'm saying is that when we dream or visualize, then that is the pineal gland in action. We actually 'see' things that don'r exist in reality outside of our selves.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

i'll take that as a joke.

i think common sense is part of the third eye.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
it is habit for me to announce on the discovery of a topic to which content would appear perturbed, confusing, over complex and contradictory on a global level, that more blinds are engaged in the subject, than would usually be desired, for one who would like to not only make use of the information, but practice it.

I am led to believe several of the following things
1) this 'science' has existed before alchemy
2) alchemy were not the first to consider the ideal 'control' attained in blinds
3) people do not believe, or care
4) a lot of people are going out of their way to maintain the controversy through blinds, not just yesterday, but possibly today

or 5) there is limited capability ( the topic is sufficiently advanced to stump the rest of humanity, and the reason for the contradictory and isolated coverage of the topica is in fact a result of a lack of imagination, complexity, sophistication and intelligence in unifying it.)

or finally 6) there is no desire for a mutual and clear unification of the science, and the other possibilities still remain.

Wilhelm Reich, Nikola Tesla, among many others died for trying to unify consciousness and dimension with energy and time. The pineal, could be the key to that. So, my commiserations in the shared difficulty we face in finding good info... and wishes of luck in your future hunting for info.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Great info masqua,
When anyone meditates one can feel the third eye chakra and the crown chakra its a sensation of energy for me anyway.
I don't think opening the third eye can be simple at all; no matter how keen ones mind can be. I don't really know I'm not really there yet I can't open mine.
everyone has different experience thats what makes every eperience UNIQUE!

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by platipus
i think common sense is part of the third eye.

I'm not so sure of that. Perhaps the pineal plays its part, but 'Common Sense' leads me to believe it is part of the learning process much in the way a child 'learns' that touching a hot item hurts. In that way, it is more a function of the greater brain, but in particular, that of the cerebellum.

Common sense, to me, comes from experiences common to all. As a result, we all come to the same conclusions about what is correct or incorrect actions.

Experimental evidence has shown that the cerebellum is involved in the process by which novel motor tasks can, after some practice, be performed automatically. Through such automation, the performance can be improved: Sequences of movements can be made with greater speed, greater accuracy, and less effort. The cerebellum also is known to be involved in the mental rehearsal of motor tasks, which also can improve performance and make it more skilled.

Because the cerebellum is connected to regions of the brain that perform not only motor but also mental and sensory tasks, it can automatize not only motor but also mental and sensory skills in the human brain. As with motor skills, several advantages accrue from learning to perform the other skills automatically, without conscious attention to detail.

www.newhorizons.org...

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
In my opinion the third eye/pineal gland and to visualise something are not the same thing.The pineal gland is at work when you dream but to imagine something in your mind is quite different and not as vivid.Now this is where the debate takes off because some one say that you are looking into dream dimention and some would say that everything you dream is pure imagination cooked up by the brain.I guess its up to the indivdual to make there mind up.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

to answer your question (since nobody else may answer)

The pineal is responsible for visual and tactile phenomena in both NDE and OBE and other largely unexplored states of consciousness.

It is true that your/our material science speaks for only 2 eyes, but does not benefit from an open mind at whether the material eyes are the only responsible component in the description of visual information.

Without an understanding of the difference between material and immaterial , I can understand your difficulty to see the reasoning , or the claimed Quintessence in the so claimed presence of a 3rd eye, that is an inner descriptivism without the immaterial recovery, or material insistence from any scientific order of convalescence.

A better way of saying it , (and certainly simpler), is your eye see's not, your eye delivers what! Your third eye does not see, but delivers what your eye sees not.

A

[edit on 30-8-2009 by 7redorbs]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 7redorbs

a topic to which content would appear perturbed, confusing, over complex and contradictory on a global level, that more blinds are engaged in the subject, than would usually be desired, for one who would like to not only make use of the information, but practice it.

I agree with you on that.

Obfuscation muddies the water, so to speak, making any direct information much more difficult to locate. Buried beneath a mountain of arcane mumbo jumbo resides a kernel of pure truth. Digging into that mountain wears out picks and shovels best left to other work.

The pinial is a natural function of the brain. It is tied to visualization. Dreams and daydreams, either in sleep or wakeful state, are also visualizations.

Where they originate from, how they come to inner view, what purposes they fulfill... these are the big questions which surround the pinial gland.

As it is a natural function, it is obvious to me that we ALL use it regularly.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
My personal exploration into awareness paralleled Terrence McKennas shamanic approach. A taboo subject around these parts and sadly a proper discussion isn't really possible without taking these ideas into consideration. IMO

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

We can leave that part unstated as it is obvious that the youngest toddlers, never having had the opportunity to 'take shortcuts' are every bit as capable of visualization as any other, no matter what the age.

Perhaps children are the true experts of exploring the inner landscapes, especially during puberty.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Take lots of vitamin C, which helps counter the effects of cacification from flouride - and listen to the following three binaural beat tracks for 2 hours/day for a month,
1) Bach To The Future
2) LoveVibeDNA Super-Longevity
3) Compassion Meditation (in mp3)

and you can get the pineal gland re-opened to the light of life, which is a recognition of the unity of all life in the light of consciousness.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Perhaps children are the true experts of exploring the inner landscapes, especially during puberty.

I think that at puberty there is actually a disruption of the ability to imagine or that chemical/hormone activation can interfer with the ability to escape or suspend 'reality'. If you look at younger children though, they can actually give physical substance to their 'daydreams' and some children can suspend 'reality' altogether.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by coodeytar

The corrolation between the pituitary and the pineal would quite likely be disrupted through hormonal flooding.

The question might also be why so many inexplicable things happen during puberty.

edit to add: like prophecy

[edit on 30/8/09 by masqua]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Is the channel to other dimensions, precognition, extra-sensory perception, the crack in the Cosmic Egg and all such strange and terrifying phenomenon all related to something we all do every day of our lives... dream, daydream and fantasize?

Yes.

i think you are pretty much right on here.

As an artist, I took an interest to internal visualization many years ago, and its been something i've pursued and practiced since.

My ability to "watch the screen" intensifies through the years, and the images grow in complexity as i become more in tune with them and with the resonances around me (meditation). Its not something I control, its something i observe, as if it is light show being broadcast to my brain. Sometimes it may be as simple as a pineapple, as you said, but sometimes it is an entire scene.

No matter how complex the images usually make it into my sketchbook

The complexity of the images on the "screen" fluctuate in tandem with diurnal and moon cycles, my emotional state, and perhaps many other unknown variables.... maybe solar flares and such.

Sometimes the images are so intense they become 3 dimensional, and highly textured and in deep states of meditation it is as if i could dive into the images. my entire skull becomes a holographic light show that i can observe through meditation and be inspired by.

the best moments are when it is my entire body which perceives, not just the space between my eyes.

when you start to notice the images there that can see inside of your skull, you realize that you are not creating them. THere is a holographic stream of images from an unknown source. I believe it comes from the electromagnetic energy field that surrounds our body and connects us to the life forces of the universe.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

The question might also be why so many inexplicable things happen during puberty.

I had a fairly standard puberty, and most of my imaginings revolved quite explicably around the opposite sex

What inexplicable things were you thinking of? Are we talking 'possessions' and 'poltergeists', the imagination made manifest, or did you have something else in mind?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join