It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism & Dehumanization In The U.S. Military *WARNING - Not For The Faint Of Heart*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Bryan Casler - Marine Testimonial
Part 1

Part 2

Andrew Duffy - National Guard

Sam Lynch - Medic

Chris Arendt - Prison Camp Guard(Guantanamo)

Jeffrey Smith - Infantryman - National Guard
Part 1

Part 2

Matthew Childers - Infantryman telling horrible true marine stories

Scott Ewing - Army scout in Tel Afar
Part 1

Part 2

Michael LeDuc - Marine

Mike Prysner - Soldier

Mike Totten - military policeman
Part 1

Part 2

Joshua Casteel & Chris Arendt

Closing Video

This is probably the most horrific stories i've ever heard in my entire life!

I don't do this often, but I would like to ask anyone who think this topic is important to flag this thread.

I'm sure we will have alot people wanting to be debunkers so anyone with military knowledge are encourage to be active participants in this thread.

Thanks

[edit on 30-8-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
ive said this before, im a vet, i know who goes in the military... some maybe innocent at first but they turn eventually. the majority of people in there are gangbangers, skinheads, lowlife, debt ridden people who give two-sh*ts about life and humanity, why else would the army take them...

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
All things in moderation and fairness...

Semper

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

umm that's cool
but I don't understand
I mean I understand that the first video can be in response to one video that I posted, but what's the purpose of the second one?
It's a guy saying Obama=Bush lol

Everyone knows about the horrors in Guantanamo
This is mostly testimonials about service in Iraq as ground troops and only one video as a prison guard in guantanamo.

But thanks for the video though, I never saw the second one

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
First, let's be clear what the military is all about. The military is about defending the interest of the US and if that means war then war it is.

It is not about winning the hearts and minds of the country we are fighting in. Politicians want you to believe that. But the only goal of war is to ensure that US policy/ interest prevails.

Racism toward the enemy or its people has always been part of a war. If the Chinese were fighting in the US, do you really think the Chinese would trust the innocent people who are not in the military? The military teaches one to hate its enemy with passion and to love the US hardcore. That is why some people in the military do what they do. They are helping the US achieve its goal.

I ask you MODERN, how many innocent lives has the US military taken in these two wars since they started? Now ask yourself, how many times Congress has written up a resolution to stop the wars to prevent the loss of innocent lives?

They haven't because US interest hasn't prevailed. Our politicians don't care about the racism or dehumanization as much as they would like you to believe. They care more about US interests and are using war to secure those issues. Blood, guts, and loss of lives are of limited concern.

People need to quit pretending that war should be a this side vs that side battle were only the combatants get hurt. People need to realize that war is hell period. You will see things and possibly do things that you never would have imagined yourself doing.

People considering going into the military need to realize that the military equals war. No if, then, or buts about it. I get angry about our politicians and military using the GI bill to lure people in. They should be told the truth.

If you join the military it is because you want to defend the INTERESTS of the US and are willing to go to war to do it.

I have no problems with these guys coming out and speaking their mind, my problem lies with the politicians who sent them to war knowing that things like this would happen. You see a politician doesn't have to worry about seeing his buddy blown away, seeing blood and guts on a daily basis, having to pick up the remains or many of the other stressful things are brave men and women encounter during war.

All they have to worry about is that the military secure US interest.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Before I answer all you other statements please if you could first define "U.S. Interests"

Thanks

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
reply to post by jam321

Before I answer all you other statements please if you could first define "U.S. Interests"

Thanks

If I may risk this being considered a rude interruption:

"U.S. Interests" is whatever the Commander-in-Chief's Administration, the Cabinet, and their collective political agenda wants it to be.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Ok, so it's not american interests
Just people who represent less than 1% of the population.

just wanted to make sure.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Okay, I am currently in the military (enlisted not officer) and I have heard plenty of hazing stories that happened in the past and I know that thier are still some hazing going on behind closed doors and thats just to one another. Also I have kept up with the whole Guantanamo Bay stories. And I am not a marine or soldier so I understand that thier mind sets are very diffrent from mine.

In a time of war, no matter what reasons are for it thier are always going to be really awful things that we as humans beings will be exposed to and we will probably be desensitize to its crulety and violence. I was told in the beginning of the my enlistment, especially in my current job field that I need to uphold a high standard for myself and a high intergity.

Humanity is a large part of our struggle in the military because we continue to see be-headings, bombings, and for some us, our friends dying out in the battlefield and we forget that cruelity is not a part of our doctrine yet a doctrine that was made in the state of war that we are engaged at.

Being in the military and in a position of authority and responsibility I will never condone any kind of racism and/or dehumanization...I always believe and still do that we need to be better then that. If not then whatever honor that the military stood for or what it meant, has been so degraded that people wouldnt be able to tell the diffrence between us or the enemy whomever they me be.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
For those without sound or unable to view video could you please maybe summarize what this is all about. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
As a Soldier or Marine your job is to kill , that's why you are there. It isn't about peacekeeping or humanitarian efforts. All of your training and conditioning is so that when you actually must squeeze the trigger with your rifle aimed at another human and end their existence you do it , as a reflex.

The reason you dehumanize your enemy is so that you can effectively do your job. It is far easier to put rounds into "That F*cking Haji" , than Mohhamed father of two , pillar of the community. The fact of the matter is that everyone does it and the more intimate the killing is the more damage it does to you emotionally / psychologically. Pilots don't have this problem they're 30,000 ft in the air dropping munitions on "Targets" they can't even see with the naked eye , Apache pilots are looking at "Targets" through their FLIR so they have that emotional barrier of "I blew up a tank" instead of "I just killed 5 humans" that's how they sleep at night. When you kill someone , when you see that person take their last breath or expire in front of you with that look on their face and their eyes wide open , the panic and the fear it takes a part of you soul , I don't care WHO you are. Anyone that has something to say to the contrary is either in denial and has yet to come to terms with what they've done , or they're psychotic. My Mindset was "it's either me or it's you , and I wanna go home to my family" That's how I sleep at night.

When you train someone to suppress their humanity and train them to kill , you take away certain things. Most people run AWAY from gunfire , We're Trained to run TOWARDS it.

"The primary mission of the Marine rifle company and platoon is to locate, close with and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver or to repel his assault by fire and close combat. FMFM 6-4 at 1102.a. "

When you program someone this way , you cannot expect them to act "normal" as deemed by society, because the whole situation is ABNORMAL!!! You can't just expect them to have an "OFF SWITCH" They are Human , people make mistakes.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I didn't see the videos since they have been removed. If it is necessary to develop a "me or them" attitude to keep one's sanity, then is it possible that our army establishment is manufacturing parts of this war to give soldiers the impression that they are fighting a real enemy and not just killing innocents? I saw a article a few months ago that I am still looking for and will post when I find it that claimed that the Taliban soldiers were really Indian Gurkhas apparently recruited by the CIA for false flag enemies for the Pakistanis fighting the "Taliban". They stripped the bodies naked and took pictures to prove they were not circumcised.
There is nothing really heinous enough that our government will not do.it. We really have to wake up to what is going on. I don't trust the government. I think we are in real trouble.All these people who say if you don't like it then leave, or how dare you criticize our soldiers, go to ...

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
ive said this before, im a vet, i know who goes in the military... some maybe innocent at first but they turn eventually. the majority of people in there are gangbangers, skinheads, lowlife, debt ridden people who give two-sh*ts about life and humanity, why else would the army take them...

You've got to F%^$*n kidding me! I don't know where or when you served, but to say that shows your massive brain power.
I served in USMC in the late 80's early 90's. I was by no means innocent when I went in and certainly did not come out "turned" never was a gangbanger, skinhead, lowlife, debt ridden.....

Born and raised in a middle class family, no real jobs in the area and have a family history of servicemen. Couldn't afford to go to college or any other higher education, so the service it was. I came out a stronger man for it and have no regrets.

Of course there are some bad people and horrific things that happen during times of war, that's war!!

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
ive said this before, im a vet, i know who goes in the military... some maybe innocent at first but they turn eventually. the majority of people in there are gangbangers, skinheads, lowlife, debt ridden people who give two-*snips* about life and humanity, why else would the army take them...

OH wow thank you, so i'm either a gangbanger, skinhead, lowlife or a debt ridden person? I know you said most of them but it's hardly most of them, how do I know? I TRAIN THE TRAINEES GOING THROUGH AIT...

All the people joining the Army are kids straight out of high-school for the most part, some are like me and were tired of working a minimum wage job and some stepped out of a high-paying job to serve their nation!

AND those lowlifes as you call them that come in eventually turn around anyway! that's the beauty of basic training and AIT, we INSTILL values upon them, the thugs are turned into soldiers with values and morals, their drill sergeants doesn't make them into mindless killers, they turn them into decent human beings that are TRAINED to kill if it is necesary.

Much happened in Iraq and Afghanistan (and other nations you dont hear about) and is still happening today, they do care about the people there and they do respect human life, some DON'T but that's the fault of their leadership. (don't start with the child/parent comparisment)

I don't know when you served but the Armed forces today are drastically different, sick people are in every branch of government, armed forces, police and any other job.

The job of the Armed forces is a VERY stressful (even in garrison enviroments) job and a very DANGEROUS job, and self-perservation is what in the end decides upon how people act.

The Army has values and so do the other armed services.

Don't you ever compare me and my battle buddies to scum!

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut
When you kill someone , when you see that person take their last breath or expire in front of you with that look on their face and their eyes wide open , the panic and the fear it takes a part of you soul , I don't care WHO you are. Anyone that has something to say to the contrary is either in denial and has yet to come to terms with what they've done , or they're psychotic. My Mindset was "it's either me or it's you , and I wanna go home to my family" That's how I sleep at night.

When you program someone this way , you cannot expect them to act "normal" as deemed by society, because the whole situation is ABNORMAL!!! You can't just expect them to have an "OFF SWITCH" They are Human , people make mistakes.

You appear to be speaking from experience my friend. Another major problem is, what happens when you get back on the block? PTSD is rampant and the DoD and VA are doing precious little about it. How many lives and families have been destroyed by returning service members who are in need of help due to PTSD since this ‘War on Terror’ started?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Now we understand why the Department of Homeland Security regards the returning veterans as a threat. The difference between what is actually happening and what the public is being fed is enough to cause opposition to government policies.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by m khan]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
It looks like the US Military is deliberately pushing racism among the soldiers in order to enable them to be cruel the the people of occupied Iraq. When are we going to end this war? How are we going to end this war? Congress is ineffective and half of them are on the side of sending more troops to"protect our soldiers" How do we get out of this damn war?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
When I click on the vids I get a message telling me the content has been taken down.

new topics

top topics

join