It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blizzard SUCKS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
So you just have to pay a few dollars to get access to Battle.net 2.0. By the way: they’re also planning the same for Diablo 3 but we already knew this months ago as Blizzard said this on the conference in 2008. That’s not a big surprise because people knew it already in 2008 but always thought that it’ll be avoided by other incomes. That’s why Blizzard didn’t announced it on BlizzCon. Diablo III’s director Jay Wilson recently told an audience at BlizzCon that Blizzard and Activision are looking to make some money with the Battle.Net service. Jay Wilson: We are looking to monetize Battle.Net so that we get to keep making these games and updating features. We kind of have to. The other argument is that Blizzard can 100% avoid piracy with this monthly costs. There aren’t any further informations about the costs yet but it is supposed to be between 5 and 8 $. Less than World of Warcraft. This was also an answer to the 130.000 petition signatures. We will keep you posted.

blizzard are just pathetic,they had many years to work on diablo 3 and starcraft 2,and yet there isnt even a demo allready,the games are finished,,just release them!
they always talk about "polishing" and "it will be out when its ready"
are you crazy?
lots of cool games like call of duty,assasins creed,need for speed get sequels every year
and theyr just AS GOOD!
im sick of watching so many people play starcraft,i dont care how strategic it is,play age of mythology or something newer!
and lets not talk about how they riped sc out of warhammer 40000.
they have this blizzcon that is like a nerdrage fest,so we watch them speak how "its too early to estimate a release date"
and now they want to charge starcraft 2 and diablo 3 a monthy fee?
wasnt the money from wow enough?
thank god im more grown up now,and games rarely obssess me for more then a 2-3 days. Blizzard Ducks and dustin browder should be STONED!
i cant wait for theyr game to get pirated like crazy couse they deserve it!

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Actually the games aren't finished. Neither is at working beta stage yet.

Also, consider this. They will be releasing probably 2 of the biggest games in history in 2010. Think of the strain they will take on Battlenet. It will take millions upon millions of dollars just to keep the network up, so I don't blame them one bit for raising that cash.

It seems the only person raging here is you...

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
noo i dont think soo man ):
in the new blizzcon starcraft 2 is polished as diamond,and even if battle net is sooo hard to make,they can just release a single player beta/demo,or atleast APOLOGISE to the public for making them wait so long,and giving a video here and there like "xaxa we the devs are playing and you are not!"
you think battlenet 2 is so important and hard to make? sure..but so is steam! and they dont take monthy fee to play team fortress 2 and counter strike!
dont get me wrong,i like the games but blizzard just got too arrogant,they think we all are somekinda obssesed losers with theyr "cyber sport".
just look how much the protoss is overpowered even more..shields,giant tripods? immortals? fieldblockers,o thats not enough,lets put a mothership XD

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Blizzard is working in a free market economy and they are doing a great job making millions upon millions of dollars for themselves.

I have been playing WoW since release and not one time have they ever forced me to pay my monthly fee. I give them my $15 per month out of my own free will

I have no problem at all with the way they do things.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by Anjin]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
well still wow is a mmorg right? i can understand how can they want to monetize all of theyr games..no body else does that?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Just as long as they leave Warcraft 3 alone i dont mind. Since they probably wont come out with a WC4. Dirty WoW.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
i heard theyr working on a new game to release,but noone knows what is it ):
it bill we cool if its war4,but o yea it turned out its another wow exp,seriously people have to pay another 40$ or something?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I laughed so hard when I heard of cataclysm. I thought it was some sort of E-prank. Worgen! LOL There was other patch notes that I thought were absolutely hillarious.

I been considering posting somewhere the Guldan journals notes. (Char from WC 1 and 2)
Well basically I was just thinking about how badly Blizzard destroyed their own warcraft lore.

Imagine a pic of the wc 2 orcs with blood lust fighting alongside trolls and real deathknights (Undead orc warlocks.)

Now pictue the gnome deathknights?
Crazyness, how they just ruined warcraft lore to such a degree that as a true fan of the horde I would never ever pick one as a char in WoW.

Also SC2 campaigns will be devided into 3 seperate games toss terrain zerg. Lol I might jump off the blizzard bandwagon.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
well afcourse 3 games equals more moneeey ^_^..or a bigger experience and a chance for some "mad single player skills"...no really...its money
hey how do you think i feel XD i really liked the warcraft story lore,now in wow i cant understand what happend,how are they going to make warcraft 4 if wow busts the story so much with raids on arthas killing him again and again.
and you know i remember when i played war2 deathknights were orc.lol O_o

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I remember hearing rumors a while back, before World of warcraft came out. There was a crappy looking game coming out with warcraft and the heresy-er described the new warcraft game as a really bad story game. (He was appalled it was not an RTS) He said you played as a single orc (Thrall) and it was like a lame story mode.

Shortly after blizzard schisms and flag studios with guildwars appeared and the abomination known as WoW was born. (I know not in that order but you get my point.)

I feel the blizzard we know of now is not the blizzard that made starcraft warcraft and Diablo. Neither is the company that made guildwars. It’s a damn shame but yeah.

I won’t be getting Diablo 3 that game looks outdated visually, flawed mechanically, and overall old. I won’t be able to resist getting starcraft. I love starcraft lore I just hope they don’t completely ruin it like they did warcraft.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
well hells yea,i think most of the crew from diablo 2 got fired,or quited. now we have people like dustin browder

not only that it got outdated,theyr trying to create crazy ideas like fighting combo system for the new monk.no life potions,and they made the spells so visual that the screen becomes a kaleidoscope in 4 players mode.
well if u see starcraft 2 is pretty outdated too in some graphics,thats maybe BECAUSE IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE RELEASED LAST YEAR WHEN IT LOOKED PRETTY.
and then were supposed to watch videos of the game thats never going to be released,and watch dustin browders horrible comments like "terrible terrible damage"his like the stiff old father that should stay away from the games buisness!

[edit on 1-9-2009 by Stillalive]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...
look what the guis down at EA did at a year or two.
its the coolest cockpit camera ive ever seen,notice how real it feels with the moving to acceleration and braking,hitting the grass. and the slackers at blizzard god like8? years to just balance some 300hp/300mp units in 3d engine?
tHEYR PATHETIC

new topics

top topics

join