It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Independent Investigation Into Pentagon Attack Yields Alarming Information

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by PsykoOps
I'd take this with a very large grain of salt. Eye witness testimony has been proven over and over again to be notoriously unreliable.

The Unreliability theory would suggest that none of them would have the same story. But there are consistencies between all of them that make this proposal of "false memory" pointless.

How are they ALL pointing out the same inconsistencies with the official story?

Imagine this scenario...
You have a murder to investigate, and you have ten witnesses. Three of them tell you completely different stories, they get the minings wrong, the culprit, and even where the person was when they were killed.
Then, you have seven people all telling the same story, have the timing right, the locations of the victim and the culprit.

Who are you going to believe?

If witness evidence is so "notoriously unreliable" (something that I have only ever seen mentioned in the 9/11 investigation BTW) why is every legal trial system on Earth based on it?

Wait...
The Government says that witness testimony is now conveniently unreliable. That demands a review of all legal practice and investigation into every crime where witness testimony has supported a conviction. Or is it only when we're talking about 9/11 that witness testimony is so conveniently unreliable?

I haven't checked every detail but it seems to me that the government knew that a trial of any sort would require testimony.
And that testimony would be subject to subpoena and cross examination.
Not good for their scam.
There has been not one trial that I am aware of. (hard to understand)
The government just created a story where all peps magically disappear along with all the damning records, investigates itself and says F you people.
But don't stop sending your sons and daughters to do our dirty work and die.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Yopu obviously have never been to Washington D.C., or any major city with bad traffic.

I have been in a lot of major cities, but admittedly, not at that precise location at that time of the morning. Still, unless everyone is late for work every single day, it still seems odd.

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_ElfIt was several seconds, but people don't need that much time to notice something that out of the ordinary.

On the contrary. You'd have to be looking in the right direction or you'd miss it. It'd be quite easy to miss if it was right on top of you, unless you were in a convertible. Hundreds I could buy. Thousands seems a bit overkill.

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_ElfIt amuses me to know end that people focus on a very mentally unstable cabdriver who seems to be a fan of David Icke while ignoring everyone and everything else. Lloyd England's testimony, everytime I see it, makes me think that the local loony bin lost track of one of their patients.

Actually I don't believe a word the guy says, which is part of the problem. You seem not to either. But you've seen the pictures of his cab. You've read what the official story says about it. Again, does it add up, if the roads where as busy as reported?

[edit on 31-8-2009 by Clickfoot]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Where are the whistle blowers???

Ok, so for this to be an inside job is to suggest tens, if not hundreds or even thousands of government personnel were directly involved in secretive operations that included the confiscation of local video tapes, witness and evidence tampering individuals, high tech military personnel, demolition and missile experts, etc... Where are these people and why are they taking this secret to the grave?

Personally I believe that something seriously wrong is happening here. The evidence just DOES NOT support the official story, plain and simple. However, it blows me away that there have been essentially no successful whistle blowers, of which there should be many. Perhaps there are under threat of loss of career, prosecution in public media and federal court, or possibly even death to selves or family.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
SO what hit the PENTAGRAM then help me understand, please. What is the 9-11 conspiracy (personally I felt it was a excuse to be in the middle east) BUT OTHER THEN OIL WHY??

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel

How would one convince a bunch of career military people to blow up the Pentagon?

You couldn't.

Congress? Treasury? IRS? Sure, that would be easy.

How would your children like a trust fund set up for them and a swiss account?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Everyone knows about the lies and the cold hard facts which opposes the official explanation, but when your own government, police force and military have gone renegade, who can or will bring justice to the nation?

His name is Mr. Nobody.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vipassana

Ok, so for this to be an inside job is to suggest tens, if not hundreds or even thousands of government personnel were directly involved in secretive operations that included the confiscation of local video tapes, witness and evidence tampering individuals, high tech military personnel, demolition and missile experts, etc... Where are these people and why are they taking this secret to the grave?

Personally I believe that something seriously wrong is happening here. The evidence just DOES NOT support the official story, plain and simple. However, it blows me away that there have been essentially no successful whistle blowers, of which there should be many. Perhaps there are under threat of loss of career, prosecution in public media and federal court, or possibly even death to selves or family.

Check these threads
Whistleblower Sibel Edmonds Will Be Allowed To Speak?
Barry Jennings Interview - Uncut

There are alot out there . They are just supressed .

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
SO what hit the PENTAGRAM then help me understand, please. What is the 9-11 conspiracy (personally I felt it was a excuse to be in the middle east) BUT OTHER THEN OIL WHY??

Look up Karl Marx and his followers.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Ironically, the first thing I was told on the morning of September 11 was that the Pentagon had been bombed. I was at my locker after 1st period sophomore year of high school and a friend of mine told me the news. I guess that was pretty much the only true story I heard that morning.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Eyewitnesses 'assume'...

Think about it =

You are going about your daily work (at a gas station as an example) and first hear then see a very low flying plane.

You move to get a better look. You watch it and feel you can almost touch it because it is flying SO low.

In the next few seconds you See/Hear an explosion...

You ASSUME that plane hit something.

If the Pentagon was in the direct direction of where the plane was heading - You Logically think that This Plane Hit The Pentagon,

If there was an explosion at the Same Time as eyewitnesses THINK the plane would have reached the Pentagon - then they would Assume the explosion was Caused by the Low Flying Plane.

Has anyone interviewed Witnesses on the OTHER SIDE of the PENTAGON?

If this low flying plane just missed the top of the Pentagon and actually flew over the top - wouldn't there be witnesses that saw a Low Flying Plane on the other side?

If I were interviewing and searching for answers I think I would try to see if there were witnesses that saw/heard a low flying plane AFTER the explosion.

IF there are Eyewitnesses on the other side of the building that saw/heard a plane - where was this plane heading? What direction did it go?

It seems to me (my opinion) that a large passenger plane DID fly over the witnesses but DID NOT HIT THE PENTAGON.

So as I have asked above - where is the plane.

I have tried to follow up on the links provided from you fellow posters (Thanks!) but still can't get a grasp on Where is the Plane and what happened to the passengers (plane parts, passenger remains, luggage and even Skid Marks on the ground)??

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999
reply to post by AceOfAces

And how disappointed the "truth" movement will be when they find out that, yes, a group of Islamic terrorists managed to pull off the attack that day........

What you will find out is that the men and women that have been serving us in the Congress over the last 30 years managed to hamstring our agencies enough to create the conditions needed to hurt us like we were on 9/11.

Yeah that's it sawmpfox, and of all the days to create a hamstring of such tragic by utterly mystical, NO MAGICAL proportions, those thirty years would culminate into an array of tragic mishaps that we all must remember only SEEM coincidental but swampfox assures us that an ID card can just float out of one of those Islamic terrorists wallets and land in the presidents hands to tell us the Hijackers name in pristine condition.

That on this typical day of thirty years of hamstringing and after thirty years, it would be just so typical that not just one but ALL the military to protect our country would be engaged in war games projects regarding terrorists slamming planes into buildings so that when or if any REAL Islamic terrorists were to do that, just what are the odds they would have picked the day when the odds of having not just one but ALL our air defense systems likely to think it is part of the exercise.

Of all the days to pick they chose 911. It's NO wonder why our President upon hearing the news that not since Pearl Harbor, has America been attacked on her shores we see our man sitting there for 45 minutes reading kindergarten books. I mean we were under attack right? No big deal, Dick has got it handled and it wasn’t like WE would find that unusual right swampfox? I mean heh we would just sit there like YOU did and like the president apparently did, with our thumbs up our butts saying; "welp" things are just "hamstringed". That is some Hamstringed set of circumstances that the odds those Islamic terrorists would pick that day of all days to be the first time in history that a steel framed building, a BUNKER for a mayor built to withstand a missile hitting it, would just collapse on its own footprint because it was on fire on a few floors.

THAT is some pretty neat hamstringing that on that same day another Islamic terrorist would do that same thing and break the guy’s record of causing steel frame buildings to collapse by fire AGAIN!

But if that isn't hamstringed then surely swampfox's post makes even more sense when you consider that yet ANOTHER Islamic terrorist was able to make yet ANOTHER steel framed building come down on its own footprint in free fall speed using what obviously is the latest technique to replace the arduous task of stringing up buildings in a highly technical field taking months of planning and many man hours for a controlled demolition using merely some random explosions and some Jet fuel. We'll just call it the swampfox method of Hamstringed Demolitions because OBVIOUSLY, they work every time!

Yeah we get it the Government can turn a multi trillion dollar military defense complex into something so "hamstringed" that primitive box cutter carrying nimrods with below average piloting skills and a hamstringed military so hamstringed it goes all the way to the top, can end up making those Islamic meat heads look like genius's while our own Generals with all there high tech equipment AND advanced training, look like keystone cops. BUT hey they were "Hamstringed!"

We can understand how something that takes months of planning and highly trained experts in explosives and demolitions using all the best high tech equipment and months in advance planning, can all be replaced by some day in the life of some jerk wad Islamic terrorists with some lousy piloting skills and a full tank of jet fuel. Yeah because when things get hamstringed, an Islamic terrorist can affect the same thing any day they feel like it on any building they want as long as all the experts and high tech stuff is hamstringed, I guess we are to just think ANYTHING can happen huh?

That somehow, some way, when a Government is so damn hamstringed for so long, they can't even seem to follow the laws of physics and any plane that crashes, when things get this hamstringed, the wreckage seems to just disappear not once, not twice but APPARENTLY ANYTIME a plane crashes in a country so mired in hamstringed politics, you will find no wreckage and no dead bodies. Man it makes ya want to just rob a bank because you obviously get away with ANYTHING when we're so hamstringed eh?

Yeah, swampfox, I get it you think Government can get that hamstringed that even the impossible can happen and happen over and over and over again on the same exact day the Islamic terrorists read somewhere in the quran 911 would be that day. It is one of the reasons I think Obamacare will end up being the same hamstringed mess is because the government can't do anything right without it becoming a quagmire, a bureaucracy of long lines, red tape and undo harassment that seems to always run over budget costs but this was no hamstringed event Americans saw in complete and total shock and disbelief. In fact if I were to tell you, the day before 911 happened that all the events I just described were going to happen that way, you'd be more likely to win the lottery seven times on the biggest one in seven states on a single day, you'd be that hard to convince.

So don't think for a second, any debunker giving the official story is going to convince us.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

For more understand ing and insight take a day to watch the recent ATS release of 'The Arrivals' ... as very good (and accurate) stuff.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Here is the Manifest written by CNN on the passengers of Flight 77

whatreallyhappened.com...

Here is another independent look into the flight 77 manifest

www.cassiopaea.org...

Here is a working link from CNN's chronology of 9/11 events

archives.cnn.com...

Another 9/11 manifest

www.patriotresource.com...

ABC aritcles, and releases on 9/11
including the "official release" from the pentagon

www.abc.net.au...

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vipassana

I am so sick of this argument, given as if it's a thread killer on this topic. Have you ever heard military mantra when having to execute an operation where many may argue with it or find it immoral but the military needs to get it done and all you get told is the instructions to do something or some task that may or may not seem questionable at the time, but if you DO ask, ya know what they say?

It's on a "need to know" basis.

Do you know why they do that?

Because it ensures the only thing you DO know is what part you played in a much grander picture you never know about because the picture is a puzzle and you are just a piece of that puzzle and unless you know who all the other pieces are and connect the dots, you never know that you played a part in it. You are what is called an "unknowing agent" in a conspiracy. This is how HUGE conspiracy can and do happen all the time where the only ones who know who everyone else is and know the big picture are the few at the top who can order many under them to all the parts they play without anyone harboring the big secret.

It was the same method of secrecy by keeping the people involved ignorant of their part in it during another top secret project that took billions of dollars and many hundreds of men and woman to pull off.

Maybe you have heard of it. It was called "The Manhattan Project"

Ring a Bell?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

www.thepeoplesvoice.org

Researchers present new eyewitness testimony which they say proves the government's story to be a "monstrous lie".
A three year independent investigation into the September 11, 2001 attack on the Pentagon has yielded new eyewitness evidence which, according to the Southern California-based researchers who conducted the investigation, "conclusively (and unfortunately) establishes as a historical fact that the violence which took place in Arlington that day was not the result of a surprise attack by suicide hijackers, but rather a military black operation involving a carefully planned
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.prlog.org

81 minute Free Video Presentation: Scroll to bottom of page for link
www.citizeninvestigationteam.com...

[edit on 30-8-2009 by burntheships]

That's CIT's silly contradictory video I easily debunked here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Can't you 9/11 Deniers get ANYTHING right?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Here is one other lie that was uncovered about 9/11...

Nationally syndicated talk show host Charles Goyette uncovered blockbuster information in his drive-time interview with author David Ray Griffin.

A center piece of the increasingly apparent BULLSH*T story our government and corporate media have fed us for six long years was a complete fabrication!

We were fed a lie by Ted Olsen who served as Solictor General for the Bush Administration, when on 9/11 he held a press conference to tell America and the world that his dead wife had called him before her demise from the jet she was on that had just been hijacked.

Personally, I thought it was odd at the time that a man would decide to hold a press conference minutes after hearing of his own wife’s death, when it happened on 9/11. If my own wife had just died, the last thing I’d want to do would be to talk to anyone, let alone call a press conference. It didn’t “smell” right.

Now we know why it didn’t smell right. It was a lie. The FBI has reported that no such call between Barbara Olsen and Ted Olsen ever took place on 9/11/2001.

It was part of the rapidly unraveling scam that is the official story of 9/11.

www.globalresearch.ca...

eldib.wordpress.com...

www.911blogger.com...

Edit to add the original "lie" "story" that CNN published about the supposed phone calls from Barbara Olsen to Ted, with a
working link

The Lie that was a central key to the "official story"

CNN.COM SPECIAL REPORT

Her husband said she called him twice on a cell phone from American Airlines Flight 77, which was en route from Washington Dulles International Airport to Los Angeles.

Ted Olson told CNN that his wife said all passengers and flight personnel, including the pilots, were herded to the back of the plane by armed hijackers. The only weapons she mentioned were knives and cardboard cutters.

archives.cnn.com...

These things about 9/11 you will not find reported by ABC
search.abc.net.au...

[edit on 31-8-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I didn't believe the official story to begin with, but now I'm even more pissed because I'm more convinced than ever that it was our very own government that is supposed to be PROTECTING us that had a very very large part, if not everything to do with this horrible tragedy.

What makes me even more pissed is that my imagination runs wild when I think of what REALLY happened to those passengers. So effin pissed. Why the hell do we need other governments as enemies when our very own would go and do something like this? I'm angry beyond words.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Um, there have been rational explainations for the first.

I have never heard a rational explanation why the pentagon or shanksville "plane crash" looks nothing like any other plane crashes....

No, it is not a sensational claim.

yes...it is a ridiculous and sensational claim...

Reporters only collected a relative handful of accounts, there are plenty of people who were probably never interviewed, or wanted to be interviewed.

exactly...thousands of people were not interviewed....

No one yet has said they saw a missile strike, or that they saw the plane fly away, out of thousands.

Originally posted by burntheships

www.thepeoplesvoice.org

Researchers present new eyewitness testimony which they say proves the government's story to be a "monstrous lie".
A three year independent investigation into the September 11, 2001 attack on the Pentagon has yielded new eyewitness evidence which, according to the Southern California-based researchers who conducted the investigation, "conclusively (and unfortunately) establishes as a historical fact that the violence which took place in Arlington that day was not the result of a surprise attack by suicide hijackers, but rather a military black operation involving a carefully planned
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.prlog.org

81 minute Free Video Presentation: Scroll to bottom of page for link
www.citizeninvestigationteam.com...

[edit on 30-8-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mappam
Eyewitnesses 'assume'...

Think about it =

You are going about your daily work (at a gas station as an example) and first hear then see a very low flying plane.

You move to get a better look. You watch it and feel you can almost touch it because it is flying SO low.

In the next few seconds you See/Hear an explosion...

You ASSUME that plane hit something.

If the Pentagon was in the direct direction of where the plane was heading - You Logically think that This Plane Hit The Pentagon,

If there was an explosion at the Same Time as eyewitnesses THINK the plane would have reached the Pentagon - then they would Assume the explosion was Caused by the Low Flying Plane.

Has anyone interviewed Witnesses on the OTHER SIDE of the PENTAGON?

If this low flying plane just missed the top of the Pentagon and actually flew over the top - wouldn't there be witnesses that saw a Low Flying Plane on the other side?

If I were interviewing and searching for answers I think I would try to see if there were witnesses that saw/heard a low flying plane AFTER the explosion.

IF there are Eyewitnesses on the other side of the building that saw/heard a plane - where was this plane heading? What direction did it go?

It seems to me (my opinion) that a large passenger plane DID fly over the witnesses but DID NOT HIT THE PENTAGON.

So as I have asked above - where is the plane.

I have tried to follow up on the links provided from you fellow posters (Thanks!) but still can't get a grasp on Where is the Plane and what happened to the passengers (plane parts, passenger remains, luggage and even Skid Marks on the ground)??

Burntheships - good links!

The Cassiopaea (sp?) is very interesting.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Evidence of Bush Administration Foreknowledge and complicity is now overwhelming.

July 4, 1999 - President Clinton signs Executive Order 13129, which freezes Taliban assets in the U.S. and prohibits trade between the Afghan fundamentalist regime and U.S. entities. Source: Federal Register, Vol. 64, No. 129, July 7, 1999

Jan. 30, 2001 - Sept. 11 hijacker Ziad Jarrah was questioned in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). A number of UAE, Middle Eastern, European, and U.S. sources were cited in this CNN report, which said the CIA requested Jarrah be interrogated because he had been in Afghanistan and was suspected to have ties to terrorists. An unnamed CIA spokesman said the other sources' claims that the agency knew anything about Jarrah before Sept. 11 were "flatly untrue." Jarrah's Jan. 30 detainment at the airport in Dubai, UAE came six months after he took flying lessons in the U.S. Jarrah was released because "U.S. officials were satisfied," said the report. Source: CNN, Aug. 1, 2002 www.cnn.com...

June 8, 2001 - Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE/RL) publishes a story headlined, "Central Asia: Charges Link Russian Military to Drug Trade." According to the article, figures for 1999 published in a report by the United Nations Drug Control Program (UNDCP) revealed that 80 percent of the heroin consumed in Western Europe originated in Afghanistan and Pakistan. The UNDCP report also revealed half of the drugs in that 80 percent traveled through Central Asia. A study by the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace published in March 2000 said Russian soldiers headquartered in Tajikistan were suspected of helping drug traffickers by providing them with transportation facilities. This was confirmed by a Russian intelligence officer who told the Moscow News weekly, "You can come to an arrangement with custom officials so that the search of military transport planes remains purely formal. The same goes for train convoys carrying military cargo [to Russia from Tajikistan]." Source: www.rferl.org/nca/features/2001/06/08062001111711.asp

Sept. 4-5, 2001 - A freshman at Brooklyn's New Utrecht High School who had recently emigrated from Pakistan reportedly predicts the destruction of the World Trade Center a week prior to the 9-11 attacks, according to the JournalNews newspaper in White Plains, N.Y. Citing "three police sources and a city official familiar with the investigation" as well as confirmation from the FBI that the bureau had received this information, the paper reported that in the midst of a heated class discussion the student pointed to the World Trade Center from a third story window and said, "Do you see those two buildings? They won't be standing there next week." New York City Board of Education spokeswoman Catie Marshall confirmed for the JournalNews "that school officials reported the matter to police within minutes of the Sept. 11 attack" and students told the paper that "FBI agents and NYPD detectives descended on the school on Sept. 13 to interrogate the student who made the prediction and others in his class," which was "an English class for Arab-American students." Source: The JournalNews, Oct. 11, 2001, www.thejournalnews.com...

Sept. 5, 2001 - "Five hundred websites -- many of them with an Arab or Muslim connection -- crash when an anti-terrorism taskforce raids InfoCom Corp. in Texas," reported Britain's the Guardian on Sept. 10, 2001. A taskforce of approximately 80 federal agents and officials from the FBI, Secret Service, INS, Customs, Bureau of Diplomatic Security, IRS, and Commerce Department occupied InfoCom's office building in the Dallas suburb of Richardson, Texas for four days, "copying every hard disc they could find." InfoCom hosts many websites for Middle Eastern clients and is located across the street from the Holy Land Foundation, a charitable organization which has been alleged to have connections with terrorist groups. InfoCom's vice president of marketing, Ghassan Elashi, is also the chairman of the Holy Land Foundation. Source: The Guardian, Sept. 10, 2001, www.guardian.co.uk...

Sept. 10, 2001 - The Houston Chronicle reports the FBI was notified of a fifth grader from a Dallas suburb who told his teacher, "Tomorrow, World War III will begin. It will begin in the United States, and the United States will lose." The Chronicle was unclear on specifically when Garland, Texas school district officials told the FBI about the incident, but it was some time between Sept. 13, 2001 and the story's publication date of Sept. 19, 2001. Source: Houston Chronicle, Sept. 19, 2001 www.chron.com...

Sept. 10, 2001 - San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown receives a call from what he described as "his security people at the airport" eight hours before the terrorist attacks "advising him that Americans should be cautious about their air travel," as reported by the San Francisco Chronicle. Brown was scheduled to fly to New York from San Francisco International Airport. He told the Chronicle the call "didn't come in any alarming fashion, which is why I'm hesitant to make any alarming statement." Source: San Francisco Chronicle, Sept. 12, 2001, www.sfgate.com...

Sept. 11, 2001 - The National Reconnaissance Office (NRO), the federal agency that runs many of the nation's spy satellites, schedules an exercise involving a plane crashing into one of the agency's buildings. "On the morning of Sept. 11, 2001," according to a website advertising a homeland security conference in Chicago run by the National Law Enforcement and Security Institute, CIA official John Fulton and his team "were running a pre-planned simulation to explore the emergency response issues that would be created if a plane were to strike a building. Little did they know that the scenario would come true in a dramatic way." Fulton is the head of the NRO's strategic gaming division. Source: National Law Enforcement and Security Institute, www.nlsi.net..., story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20020821/ap_wo_en_ge/us_sept_11_plane_exercise_1

Sept. 11, 2001 - After the attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon occur, National Public Radio's congressional correspondent David Welna reports, "I spoke with congressman Ike Skelton, a Democrat from Missouri and a member of the Armed Services Committee, who said that just recently the director of the CIA warned that there could be an attack -- an imminent attack - on the United States of this nature. So this is not entirely unexpected." Source: www.thememoryhole.org...

Oct. 29, 2001 - The Bush Administration drafts "an executive order that would usher in a new era of secrecy for presidential records and allow an incumbent president to withhold a former president's papers even if the former president wanted to make them public," wrote the Washington Post. The order also required members of the public to prove "at least a demonstrated, specific need'" for a president's papers to be released. Critics contend this would overturn the 1978 Presidential Records Act, which releases documents after 12 years. The White House maintained that a Supreme Court decision in 1977 allows presidents various privileges for their records. Source: Washington Post, Nov. 1, 2001, washingtonpost.com...

June 14, 2002 - Common Dreams website publishes an account from a former member of the 1/118th Infantry Battalion of the South Carolina National Guard: "My unit reported for drill in July 2001 and we were suddenly and unexpectedly informed that all activities planned for the next two months would be suspended in order to prepare for a mobilization exercise to be held on Sept. 14, 2001. We worked diligently for two weekends and even came in on an unscheduled day in August to prepare for the exercise. By the end of August all we needed was a phone call, which we were to expect, and we could hop into a fully prepared convoy with our bags and equipment packed." Source: Common Dreams, www.commondreams.org...

July 26, 2002 - White House security prevented the legal watch-group Judicial Watch from serving Vice President Cheney with a lawsuit filed on behalf of Halliburton shareholders. Before becoming vice president Cheney was CEO of Halliburton, which has filed for bankruptcy. Source: Cybercast News Service, cnsnews.com

Aug. 2, 2002 - The FBI asked members of the House and Senate intelligence committees to take lie-detector tests as investigators try to determine who leaked information to CNN about communications in Arabic that made vague references to an impending attack on the United States. The communications were intercepted by the National Security Agency on Sept. 10 but weren't translated until Sept. 12. [Source: Associated Press story published in the Boston Globe, Aug. 2, 2002, www.truthout.org...

Aug. 5, 2002 - The Associated Press reported Russia's major role over the last five years in the trafficking of Afghan heroin into Europe. Source: Santa Fe New Mexican, Aug. 5, 2002, www.sfnewmexican.com

Aug. 16, 2002 - A Knight Ridder story discloses that members of Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld's staff have created a special planning unit for an invasion of Iraq. The unit is composed primarily of civilians and was spearheaded by conservative members of Rumsfeld's staff, such as Deputy Secretary of Defense Paul Wolfowitz. The story was headlined, "White House Methodically Preparing for Iraq Campaign." Source: Knight Ridder Newspapers, www.truthout.org/docs 02/08.17B.wh.prep.irq.p.htm

Aug. 28, 2002 - The Globe and Mail of Canada reports Afghanistan will become the world's top producer of opium this year, surpassing Southeast Asia. Source: the Globe and Mail, Aug. 28, 2002  

[edit on 31-8-2009 by Stylez]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join