It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Currently there are 2795 UN-IDENTIFIED aircraft in flight

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Udontknowme
It can't be differences in the atmosphere. Any aircraft with a tail number,
should be on that second flight tracker link.

That means there are 2795 aircraft flying around in our atmosphere that don't have tail numbers.

They have to be military, or government aircraft.

No wonder fuel has gone up so much! Especially diesel. Aircraft fuel is further refined diesel fuel. Remember when diesel was so much lower that regular fuel? Like, half price? Diesel now costs as much as regular gas. Why? Demand. The government is using it up, in their chemtrailing aircraft.

Right there is a statement of fact. Your first section is refuted by the site you are referencing, and the last one states "The government is using it up in their chemtrailing aircraft". That is your claim. How exactly am I taking anything out of context with this?

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Brainiac

Soo, you're saying 2795 unidentified aircraft flying around over our heads is not interesting information?

I guess you already knew that, right?

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Well, it does appear you didn't read the FAQ as I suggested.

From the FAQ:

Why does the number of flights on the "all flights" map disagree with the total flight count on the main live tracking page?

The map displays all flights that FlightAware has recently obtained a position report for. The "total flight count" statistic is the total number of IFR aircraft that have departed but not arrived and with an ETA that's in the future. The total count statistic could contain aircraft not in radar contact, the all flights map could contain VFR flights, and many other situations exist create the discrepancy.

Could you please explain how you know more then the software designers on how accurate their software is?

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TLomon

2795 difference in planes is pretty inaccurate, don't you think?

Good grief.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
From the developers of the site:

We made that list by hand so it's as complete as you're going to get.

I am still failing to see why you think everything should be tracked when humans are behind the details. As soon as you add a human being to the equation, computer software fails to be accurate. The reason for the missing data is because it is maintained by humans, plus the tons of other reasons (like they need any more) they indicate.

This software is not an absolute. I am curious - why exactly do you feel this software is the end all be all of tracking aircraft? Their own site states it tracks flights that leave Airport A and go to Airport B. It doesn't even track military flights or unknown flights. These unknown aircraft you keep referring to are simply planes they haven't updated their system for yet.

Really, the main purpose of the site is to track arrival and departure times. Companies use this data to see how they are faring. Even then, the data isn't always accurate.

Given the data that they are tracking, I am still confused why you would even think this is related to comtrails.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TLomon

Every plane files a flight plan. They get their overall list from radar.
The list I posted shows the planes that filed flight planes, that have not
requested to be hidden.

The rest, 2795 are showing up on radar, but not on the flight plans.

What is so hard to understand about that?

The radar doesn't lie, unless it's a stealth aircraft.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Every plane files a flight plan. They get their overall list from radar.
The list I posted shows the planes that filed flight planes, that have not
requested to be hidden.

The rest, 2795 are showing up on radar, but not on the flight plans.

What is so hard to understand about that?

The radar doesn't lie, unless it's a stealth aircraft.

Well, for starters, none of this is from radar.

Where is this data from?

FlightAware compiles, aggregates, and processes data from a variety of government sources as well as FlightAware's proprietary flight tracking network. FlightAware's proprietary algorithms calculate delay and arrival time estimates to offer the most up-to-date and reliable flight tracking data on the Internet.

So once again, where are you getting your information from? The developer of the site indicate it is inaccurate. You are insisting it is not, and covers a lot more then the developers state it covers. Why exactly should we take your word over the developers of the software on what their software does?

To repeat: There is no radar involved

I believe it is obvious that you haven't read over what the software is designed to do. You are attributing much more to its functionality then the developers ever designed it to have.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TLomon

Go to this website.
flightaware.com...

On that page, at the top, is an image of flights within a 42 mile range of the Phoenix Airport. If you click on the image, you can count the number of unmarked aircraft, as they are always being tracked, but their tail numbers may be hidden.

I counted 9 unmarked aircraft in a 42 mile vicinity. I would say that correlates with the OP pretty well.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Actually, that is answered on their site as well

Why do airplanes only sometimes have the "data block" next to them with flight information?

Due to limited screen and resolution real estate, FlightAware Maps has to selectively "de-clutter" the maps so that data blocks aren't overlapping each other. If you're tracking a single flight and it's near the origin or destination airport, it might not have a data block to ensure that the airport code itself isn't blocked. On the ATC-style displays with many flights, often times there are so many flights in limited space that it's not possible to display data blocks for all of them. In future iterations of the software, a more powerful zoom feature will alleviate this problem.

Am I the only one actually reading the information on their site? Personally, I like knowing how software works before I play with it. That way, I don't have to make up explanations for how things work the way they do. This is exactly what is being done here.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Traffic controllers have to monitor ALL traffic in the airspace above the United States. These numbers are reported to various monitoring agencies.

This is where flight tracker get's the overall number. So the overall number of flights in the air is being generated from radar.

The lists are being generated from flight plans, with tail numbers.

The difference, is planes without tail numbers.

Are you intentionally confusing yourself and others.

The numbers I originally posted are accurate.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I am not questioning your numbers, just your interpretation of the numbers.

Where exactly does it state on their site they get information from radar? It doesn't. Why? Because they don't. They get information from scheduled departure and arrival times of airports and plug it into their software, cross referencing manually created tables, to generate the graphical display you are seeing.

No where on their site does it state this information is obtained from radar. Since you insist on making up explanations for what is presented on their site, then I would have to question you if you are trying to confuse people.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Other than yourself, I see no other person in this thread doing exactly that.

What's the point of you posting if you're going to simply ignore what the other contributors are posting? What's in it for you other than trollery?

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I can see the usual chemtrail debunkers in this thread already though.

I thought it was pretty interesting info, to say the least. But the debunkers, seem that it's no big deal. Hmmm.

While I don't consider myself a debunker of anything, I am more of a truth seeker, and stupidity ignorer, I do enjoy the debate when the opposing side has good factual data. That way we can both produce information that can be mutually beneficial. Not posting garbage, and then having a hisyfit when nobody jumps on the bandwagon. My argument is still as stated in my previous post. I don't want to know which planes might be doing something you can't determine, I want to know why you think they are out to get you. Please answer my questions so I can see what it is you see. Otherwise, this will go down as another pointless thread about nothing. there are far too many of those already.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Udontknowme

The data is not being generated from radar.Flight tracker looses planes all the time its updates are from airport radar systems. If a plane is not near an airport its position is unknown and not listed on flight tracker at that moment. Come on its not hard to understand you really must be just trying to bait people luckily most people can read and comprehend!

The map displays all flights that FlightAware has recently obtained a position report for. The "total flight count" statistic is the total number of IFR aircraft that have departed but not arrived and with an ETA that's in the future. The total count statistic could contain aircraft not in radar contact, the all flights map could contain VFR flights, and many other situations exist create the discrepancy.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TLomon

In order to get the difference between the main live tracker, and the list of scheduled flights, they would have to count each aircraft twice.

What's the point of posting that number if it's that inaccurate.

Aircraft of moderate size and above carry transponders. Aircraft position is calculated by triangulating three ground receivers. When the aircraft moves into another grid section, it is handed off.

If the data is updated as often as they say (every 5 minutes or so), there is no explanation for this discrepancy in data other than the other aircraft are unmarked aircraft.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I wonder how the Chemtrail Debunkers are going to explain this one.

It can't be differences in the atmosphere. Any aircraft with a tail number,
should be on that second flight tracker link.

That means there are 2795 aircraft flying around in our atmosphere that don't have tail numbers.

They have to be military, or government aircraft.

No wonder fuel has gone up so much! Especially diesel. Aircraft fuel is further refined diesel fuel. Remember when diesel was so much lower that regular fuel? Like, half price? Diesel now costs as much as regular gas. Why? Demand. The government is using it up, in their chemtrailing aircraft.

My god, are people this ignorant? Airports/bases do not pump diesel into aircraft, it is Jet A/B or JP-5/8. Actually the US sends excess diesel fuel to Europe for that matter.

And there are usually a lot more than 303 VFR aircraft up at a time. I have seen 10+ at a busy airport for training.

And to those there are 2000+ mystery aircraft up at a time, ha.

Chemtrails, more of blind misleading the blind.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Traffic controllers have to monitor ALL traffic in the airspace above the United States. These numbers are reported to various monitoring agencies.

This is where flight tracker get's the overall number. So the overall number of flights in the air is being generated from radar.

The lists are being generated from flight plans, with tail numbers.

The difference, is planes without tail numbers.

The numbers I originally posted are accurate.

No, ATC does not monitor all aircraft. Nor are they reporting everything they see either. Airports record takeoff/landings, but a controller has enough going on to have to keep track of all kinds of numbers.

Chemtrail believers like to talk about all these aircraft without tail numbers, but have yet to ever take a photo on the ground or on approach/takeoff of any such aircraft. Do your cameras not work then for some reason?

VFR aircraft do not have to enter flight plans at all. As long as they stay out of certain busy airports airspace, below 18,000 ft (in US) and out of clouds, they do not have a file a flight plan or often even talk to ANYONE.

Most airports do not have control towers either, so ATC will not know whose aircraft that is unless that pilot uses ATC services, and even then the pilots name will not be known.

Its just amazing how much rubbish chemtrail believers will spread to promote their pet conspiracy.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by firepilot

Its just amazing how much rubbish chemtrail believers will spread to promote their pet conspiracy.

It never ceases to amaze me how rude and arrogant the debunkers are.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by truthquest

Best evidence of chemtrails would be soilsamples ??
Soilsamples which ofcourse debunkers do not accept as evidence either because it comes from 'industrial waste' ? you debunkers should atleast agree upon what is evidence of chemtrails or not..

It is an evil cycle that ultimately is cooked up to descredit the CT phenomena completely, it will not work..Cant have it both ways...

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Udontknowme

Good find dude..
You should only know how many times Ive gotten this slapped in my face: Were they on Flight Tracker ? Hu, were they ?? ok , no Govt. BlackOps then. etc etc.

And here you come with 2700 planes that are not listed with the TailNumbers and it means nothing ?

You see how insane it is ? the debunkers want surten evidence, and when presented, it means Nothing ! ?

I'm just stunned how bad'a shape the awareness of people are...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join