It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge puts Fed's bailout revelations on hold

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Judge puts Fed's bailout revelations on hold

www.reuters.com

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The U.S. Federal Reserve won a delay of a federal judge's order that it reveal the names of the banks that have participated in its emergency lending programs and the sums they received.

Chief Judge Loretta Preska of the U.S. District Court in Manhattan stayed her August 24 order in favor of Bloomberg News, which had sought the information under the federal Freedom of Information Act, so that the central bank could appeal.

The Fed's board of governors has worried that disclosure would stigmatize the participating banks, threatening both them and the U.S. economy.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I wonder what the hold up is for? We all deserve to know where this money has been spent. But it seems that maybe this delay on behalf of the interest of the Federal Reserve shows where the true power in our government lies. Very intereseting how the Federal Reserve just does whatever it wants and is never heald accountable for anything.

Are we supposed to just wait til they are ready to make a statement or by the time the money is already spent will they enlighten us with that information or will it already be to late? Then again, I would never loan out a large sum of money if I had no idea where it was going, so what does that say about our federal government?

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Actually that is a pretty legit answer in my book.

Although, Greenspan has said he is above the law I believe in the past.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
the old game!
on the one hand they realize people are upset and want disclosure and on the other hand they know they can`t disclose anything because the house of cards would collapse. So pretend to offer disclosure but wrap it in enough red tape so as to guarantee it will never occur.

the bastards will be going down
sharpen those pitchforks

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

I could've told you this was going to happen the day she issued her Order. The 2nd U. S. Circuit Court of Appeals is a Fed lapdog and has already supported their position ("We are not subject to F.O.I.A. disclosure rules") in prior rulings on the same issue. In fact, a different N.Y. U.S. Disctrict Court judge has said EXACTLY that in his previous opinions.

These loan programs will NEVER see the light of day.

(The 2nd Circuit is the same court that approved of government use of eminent domain to take property from one person and give it to another in 'the community interest.')

jw

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I have hotdogs and marsmellows ready for when we start burning those Fed witches at the stake . I hope somebody is making a list of these criminals to be rounded up. Better go get some more matches.

How long before this house of dominios falls ? I go to jail for not haveing my updated insurance card in the glove box and these thugs file a appeal for trillions gone missing....grrrr

[edit on 8/30/2009 by Grayelf2009]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The Fed is being allowed an additional 30 days (September 30th) to file an appeal.

This under reported story will float on the water for awhile before it's finally resolved.

I highly doubt we will ever know the truth.

The ONLY way the American people are going to win is to have a voters revolution in November of 2012 by NOT voting for the incumbent for anything.

Fat chance of that ever happening. People like to stay stupid. It's easier.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Just what the doctor ordered. A delay.

Funny, how things are working these days. Delay the enevitable.
This and the combonation of all the other things going on in September, vaccines, G20, etc.

This, my friends, is going to be one wild ride!
---->

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
You are absolutely right havok. The 2nd circuit has pushed this back so that a new news cycle can begin and this topic drops out of the limelight completely. Then without anyone knowing the decision will be appealed and reversed and then it will be business as usual.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
You know,the way most of our poticians have handled this economic meltdown explains why we arent getting nowhere with the healthcare debate IMO.
WE THE PEOPLE WANT THOSE RESPONSIBLE FOR BANKRUPTING AMERICA HELD RESPONSIBLE,THIS ISNT 1930 THIS TIME WE KNOW AND WE ARE NOT LETTING IT GO.
DOWN WITH THE BANKERS,KILL THE FEDERAL RESERVE SYSTEM.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
God help us all!!!
I don't even want to know what sort of diversionary tactic will be used in the next 30 days to take our minds off of this.

I have a feeling 30 days from now the Fed will be the last thing on our minds. Same ol' play out of the same ol' playbook.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Apparently, the Fed has some attorneys that are good at stalling and throwing wrenches in the legal process. This is what litigating attorneys do best when developing strategy for the defense. It doesn't surprise me that the Fed would resort to these legal maneuvers instead of the simple act of complying with the judgment by a Federal Judges in US Federal Court. One way or another, if this Judge remains resolute in seeing that her judgment is obeyed; the lid may come off on the scandalous Federal Reserve. I say let them threaten economic collapse, and if it happens, so be it. However, it is about time someone shakes a stick at the hornets nest we all know as the United States Federal Reserve.

[edit on 30-8-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The delay is to secure immunity for those the Fed will designate as the official 'fall-guys.'

This is typical of the culture of the infallible elitist community.

They will try any Madison Avenue-inspired talking head script developed and executed by the show business machinery to slather innocence over the exploitation and racketeering of the Fed and her supranational cabal of corporate transnational criminals.

If this were an effort to exercise secure justice, the appeal for yet MORE time to squirm and manipulate the rules would be rejected outright.

[edit on 30-8-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Jesus H Christ

That's precisely where I'm coming from.

Bad moon rising

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
How incredibly sad and entirely predictable. I have no doubt an investigation would reveal one of the biggest (if not THE biggest) scandals in the history of the US. Unfortunately, the only scandal the average American is interested in is somebody getting kicked off Pop Idol. This country is a corrupt mess full of brainwashed morons and it NEEDS to fall apart so that we can start again

[edit on 30-8-2009 by Curio]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

the bastards will be going down sharpen those pitchforks

hell yea, and it's going to be a great day. Let's find out whose benefiting from money we pay...to do nothing..the fed is a middle man, once the supplier (us) get's big enough you can go direct to buyers.

the problem is we need something to back up the currency being created..it's not back by gold anymore, unlike other countries that have decided to increase their hoard of gems and jewels.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I just want to make it clear to everyone.
This is not a joke or crazy thoughts.
The collapse IS coming.

Stop sitting around idle and prepare NOW.

The momentum is reaching critical mass and if you are too dumb to heed the warnings, you have noone to blame but yourself.

I can't stress this enough, BUY A F*ING GUN if you don't already own one or more.

See you in the streets

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Curio

I've often thought that mtself. I sounds hrsh but it's really just tough love. We need to collaps. Maybe if the masses were bitchslapped upside the head with a little dose of reality as opposed to reality T.V. we would be able to see past the noses on our faces.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
It only takes one judge and a phone call to over throw the decision. I too doubt this is the way we going to break up the Ponzi scheme.

We'll have to reply on Ron Paul's efforts to pass a bill to audit the Fed.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Warrenb, I totally agree with your assesment. I've went so far as to put all my hotrods up on craigslist in order to help stock up for my family. I know its the worst possible time to sell these things but thats the only assets that I have.
Due to the near doubling of my property taxes in order to continue to prop up our local government all I can do with my paycheck is barely scrape by.

It is unfortunant that this doesnt seem to be able to be resolved with peace and simple common sense. It just doesnt appear that it will be. The audit the fed bill seems to be stalled, and that sickens me. I as an American will never ever stop in my personal campaign against the bankers,its just a matter of time now. The fed will go down, and let us pray to whatever God we may chose to that ww3 isnt the result,or the distraction.
As Jefferson said "I tremble for my country." As painful as this may be to America I firmly believe that a dismantling of our monetary system is in order. I dont care if I have to resort to hunter gatherer status this simply must be done.

The other thing I certainly dont want to see happen is to allow those involved with our monetary system involved in any mannor with our new one. If that happens I will refuse to participate in it.

Yes my friend this is going to be bad,probably beyond even our imaginations. See you in the streets my fellow compatriot.

[edit on 8/30/09 by nickoli]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join