It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from Langely, VA - 192nd First Air Guard F-22/A

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I found the site while browsing and then started to read a lot of the topics in the Military / Weaponry forums and just had to join. I have seen much debate or questions in regards to certain areas that I am involved with and would love to set the record straight by offering facts (where and when I can) when I see inaccurate information shown. I don't mind, of course, that it's there, however, it's just a "want to set the record straight" issue I have I guess. It comes with the duty.

I fly the F-22/A for the 192nd First Air Guard in Langley, VA. and I am on my way out to the 'southern part' of the country to finish certain things so I can nestle into my niche that I would like.

If there is anyone on this site that lives in or went to the 2009 Rockford Airfest back on the 23rd and 24th, I would like to chat for a bit. Since my hometown is here in the far west suburbs of Chicago, I pulled a few strings late last year to acquire our F-22 Demo team to attend this year. Only 6 venues in the world will have or either had the F-22 team appear for a show. I have video and pix for those who want to see our show. I was contacted by someone on this site (at least I think it was here) via email requesting that I join the club here. He also wanted to meet and greet at the show and I did not get a chance to do so.

Anyways...tnx for the chance to post here and for those who wanted the link for the Airfest 2009 video/pix, here you go: 2009 Rockford, Illinois Airfest

It's about 5:20am here CDT and I will finish the profile info in my control panel on the flipside.

Timothy "Twitter"

I don't have a problem posting my rank and last name, but I chose not to this first time because I didn't have a chance to read over the rules RE: posting. If that is ok, then I will go ahead.

[edit on 30-8-2009 by 192nd]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS soldier! You will enjoy this ride

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Tnx for the welcome. I am sure I will enjoy it as well. This is right up my alley, however, I do have to limit what I can divulge due to the obvious security and oath issues.

I will be back on mid-day to finish the large amount of profile questions

Tnx agn es 73 for now

Tim

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Yes, welcome

Not my area of interest at all but hey, thats the beauty of this site, it caters for everyone.

Im sure you'll enjoy your stay.

Ive got soul but im not a soldier

Peace.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Welcome aboard.

I'm looking forward to your contributions.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Hello

Tnx for the welcome. Yes I admit it is not for everyone, however for me, it is a long time family tradition and to be honest, I would not have it any other way. I love flying....flying fast, pulling 9+ G's, etc.

On the other hand, I am a Youth Group leader in town here and have a Masters in Divinity as well. Yeah....go figure. LOL. I am extremely interested in the Bible....not just for worshiping purposes or beliefs, but I am equally devoted to Biblical archeology and fascinated by the 'big picture' if you know what I mean.

I found a way to accept both Science and Religion and have made a choice to merge the two with respect to my ways or beliefs.

Tnx again mate

Tim

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
RE: My previous post, I was assuming that topic was more of what you were interested in. I apologize if that is not the case

Thank you Slayer. Into PC gaming by chance or the band or neither?

I just pick up on peoples avatars and nicknames and try to associate that with their interests before I comment too much with knowing.

My other interests are:

Ham Radio
Christian Rock (Skillet, Pillar, Decyfer Down, 12 Stones, Falling Up, etc)
All things electronics
Various martial arts styles and practices
Biblical archeology
Youth Group leading
My band
Driven By Faith

I will keep track of all who respond to this post of mine so I can chat with all of you where and/or when our interests overlap.

Tnx agn Slayer

Tim

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Welcome Aboard!!!

Here are some good links to help you in your journey here at ATS...

Terms and Conditions

Complaints and How to Contact ATS Staff

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Most of all .... Have Fun

Just a U2U away

Semper

ps.. Please don't post any personal information...

Thanks
S

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Hi Boss.

Thanks for the quick links for the info. I was supposed to be in bed about 2 hours ago, but it's already light here. LOL.

So I understand that posting my rank and name, etc is not advised then?

Thats fine with me...I just usually get asked all the time, so I usually include it.

Thank you again and I will have a look at the readme's in just a bit.

73 de Tim

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by 192nd

If you are interested in finding out more about a member just click on their names above their avatars. That will take you to more info about them.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Allways nice to have another one of our military brothers on board. A little green with envy though.... I was in the navy and flew in a P3C-Orion , like flying a patato.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by 192nd

Welcome 192nd.

Used to be in the 182nd waaay back, from central Illinois.

Enjoy the site.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
What's going on sir, F-16 crew chief here.
I got a friend who crews 22 over there at Langley and a friend who crew 15s over there in the 1st.

Just remember that even though there's military and former military here, there's a lot of crazies. So just remember OPSEC, especially with the 22. I don't want anyone to get in trouble!

Welcome and have fun! You can get a bit heated with people here (I have lol). It's a great site though, take care!

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by 192nd

Welcome to ATS and thank you so much for the airshow highlights. I've never seen an airshow. Thanks to you , now at least i have a hint of what goes on.... Magantice

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
A very big welcome to you.

I really enjoy seeing a man in a military uniform.

I was married to a military man and spent 2 years in Norfolk, Va. Beautiful state.

Very happy to greet another Christian.

I'm hunkered down now with an ex Army foot soldier that has nothing but praise for you guys in the sky. He was always glad to see the air force when things got really tight in the field.

Thanks for your service to our country.

Stay safe.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Hey guys....I fell asleep finally and just woke up. Tnx to both of ya for replying. Nice to see other military personnel online as well...especially from the 'Governor of the year senate seat selling' year award state
I used to drive down to Decatur a lot...could never stand that nasty smelling corn harvesting plant....ADM if memory serves...the one by the bridge.
That is about as far as I have traveled in IL. All my duties take me to either the extreme East or West coast...which I don't mind at all
Nothin like hoppin on a 130 from O'Hare and bummin a ride either way. I have my Commercial w/135 ticket as well, but don't have the money on hand to buy what I want (my own F-15E...which was what I flew before I begged fiercely to snatch time on the 22). Now there is no goin back and I am lovin every minute of it.

I am only in Illinois when I have time or when I request extended leave time (which is never LOL)

FYI: Nothing wrong with the Orion man.....I have to admit that going from 0 to 170 +/- in 1.8 seconds off the catapult MUST be a rush x 10 each time....OK..maybe a tad slower for that beast. I am assuming those still utilize four Allison T-56-A-14 TP's with each providing ~4800HP each. I am a walking 'Janes Defense' book it seems. For me to write just a sentence for a post is impossible for me. LOL. Thus I try to control my 'extended' replies.....with most of the content being nothing halfway related to the original topic or question.

The good 'ol 182 Airborne...yeah...what a great bunch of awesome guys were and still are of course. Heck...without the 182nd and others, we might have ended up with a severely misguided and ****** dictator abroad and alike. Because you did what you did (and others back then), myself and others who are younger are able to enjoy the freedom in which we take for granted. I am a HUGE military supporter when it comes to duty and helping others, however, I would be lying if I said I agree with all the strategic decisions the brass and the government make. No need to dabble into those here I think. I was not born until 1975, so I grew up after that 'situation' back then and can't really comment on it without...um....flying off the handle literally I guess.

Oh well....tnx to both of you guys (Mike/Graye) for the input and welcome. I am sure we will be in contact in the other forums when I get however many and whatever they I need in order to post.

73's de ars -. ----. xxx xxx ...-.- (I am not suppose to post detailed or personal/private info I guess) I will edit my profile to include some already obvious info a tad later.

Tim

P.S. If anyone is a ham radio operator and have access to HF and/or 6m, PM me so we can setup a sked. I have a 5 element wide space monobander for 6/10/12/17m and a few loops and a Gap vertical for 20, 40, 60, 80, 160MHz. I hang out everyday (when I am here) on 18.070 A1A, 18.145 J3E, 24.897 A1A, 24.945 J3E, 28.000~29.600MHz A1A, J3E and F3M. For 6 meters I just wait until some tropospheric ducting or sporadic E paths open up.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Ok....looks like a few more responses to answer....starting with the all too familiar and very important OPSEC, INFOSEC, etc.

I am at home here in IL and thats when I go into HIGH ALERT mode RE: INFOSEC and OPSEC. When on duty or away and on site, I will not be on here
I could see myself getting carried away in a conversation via a forum and spilling my guts only to wake up in the brig awaiting a C.M. and a trip to Leavenworth.

Actually I am extremely careful on what 22 and other information I give out and/or confirm or deny. As a rule of thumb, I will only discuss information that is already available on-line which has officially been deemed 'Unclassified' or public. I am very happy with my current status and don't want to see my SC revoked.

I just want to correct some very inaccurate information I saw with respect to the 22....piddly little stuff like: "Hmm....I thought it had a cloaking feature like the Klingons

As far as getting into a heated debate, I agree with ya 200%...especially with the site content
Thats ok though...I can push a button on my KBD here and unload a few SDB's to calm the storm. LOL

Good deal on the crew position. I have a very HIGH amount of respect for you guys. Without you guys on constant detail, a lot of the older aircraft would be long gone. I spent over 780 hrs in the 16. Do you service mostly Block150CU's with the upgraded APX-109 and APG-66A goodies?

The 16 is just a plain awesome cost effective solution to many problems. I love it. Period.

----------------------------------------------

RE: Magantice

Hello and glad you could view the pix and videos on the site there. Air shows are just plain awesome. Now you might want to go to one near you in the future
. It takes about a year..sometimes more...to plan and get favorable logistics results for the next years show. It can be a co-ordination nightmare sometimes. But for the attending public, they just need to show up, knock down a few and enjoy (unless it's VFR or MVFR weather conditions). Then ya get the 'ol "sorry folks...no show today...not even a low altitude one because the NWS still hasn't updated their forecast models to reflect common sense"

Tnx again and I hope you make it to one by you.

----------------------------------------------

RE: Dizzie

I thank YOU for thanking us
Norfolk is indeed a nice place. I am more of a Lord Howe, Marshall, Guam, etc. Island guy only because I love that warm, crystal clear, perfectly aqua/blue water all those places have. My personal rule: If I cannot see the bottom, I ain't going in...period. LOL. I guess I am afraid of those Sharks that like to hang out in a few feet of water

With respect to the spiritual/religious side of things, I return the compliment back to ya with equal value. Most boards I talk on (not many really) would boot my *** right out if I got caught mentioning that. Glad to see this is a different and more open minded type scene. I hope you are where you want to be with respect to your beliefs and/or thoughts. It's a tough world I tell ya. I know I am only in my mid 30's, but I have found out by administering/hosting/teaching at Youth Group, that for kids growing up now, the pressures, stress, etc. seem to have exploded in both severity and lack of parental support, care, etc. I say that only because it is what I see here locally. Every time I open the local paper, I see another kid take his life or run away suffering from major mental health issues. Maybe it's just because I care so much that I notice it more...I not sure, but I am sure that something needs to be done to minimize it.

The parental comment was in no way reflecting on anyone in here, but was just what I see as a major problem.

Thank you much for your input

Tim

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
welcome to ats! enjoy your stay

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 192nd

Trying to keep up! Like, 14 introductions in the last 5 minutes! Hi! I'm plucky! Welcome and have a Rolo' jingle on me!

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Welcome

Looking forward to your contributions.

<<   2 >>

join