It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi journalist who hurled shoe at Bush gets early release for good behaviour

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555 reply to post by LostNemesis

He was siding with insurgents who were butchering innocent Iraqi civilians was he not? That was his whole point and who he was trying to impress. How soon people forget.
How did you arrive @that conclusion? While throwing the shoes, the man said:

‘This is your farewell kiss, you dog!
This is from the widows, the orphans and those who were killed in Iraq.'

Oh hang on, if I criticise Christianity, I must automatically be a supporter of Islam, right? Er... no.
Since the man took his freedom in his hands, & for all he knew maybe his life, to protest against death & destruction, is it not reasonable to consider that he objects strongly against anyone f#ing up his country?

Thanx St Vaast! As deliberately silly as I was being, I do agree with the post I was replying to. A bit more shoe-throwing @the likes of Bush Jnr. would be a step in the right direction...
Perhaps someone could set up a website where people can post acts of protest & members can vote for them awarding 'golden shoes' like stars on ATS?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by LostNemesis

I think the real story is had he thrown a shoe at Sadam before the war, would he have been alive one hour later? I wonder if he considered that? He was siding with insurgents who were butchering innocent Iraqi civilians was he not? That was his whole point and who he was trying to impress. How soon people forget.

Actually, if you had've bothered to read the entire thread then you would know that that issue has already been raised and answered. I shall quote the section I am talking about...

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by SLAYER69

The Iraqi people didn't want Saddam there, they admitted he was a tyrant, but they also have subsequently said that America's 'liberation' is infinately worse than Saddam's regime.

Yes, under Saddam they would have suffered punishment - possibly worse BUT you forget that the Iraqi people hated him for that and wished him deposed. Therefore your argument that what Bush did to this Iraqi is not as bad as what Saddam would have done is null and void because the Iraqi's also hated Saddam for repressing their freedoms.

I think that adequately answers the first part of your comment. As to the second part you could not be more wrong. The man was not 'siding with insurgents' unless you call the entire population of Iraq insurgents in which case the delusion is infinitely larger than I would have ever imagined. The man clearly said -

‘This is your farewell kiss, you dog!
This is from the widows, the orphans and those who were killed in Iraq.'

Now where, from this, you determine that he was only supporting certain insurgents, when clearly he is referring to his entire people, the Iraqi population as a whole, is a mystery and indicative only of your own ignorance of peoples and cultures that are not of Western persuasion.

[edit on 31/8/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I think that allot of Americans here are missing the point. If I where to throw a shoe at Obama that shouldn’t land me in jail, especially if it is considered self expression. Seriously it’s not like a shoe will really hurt any one. That almost as bad as saying that I can’t put my opinion on this web site, it’s absurd.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

I think it is obvious, Bush was not very good at taking a hint -- Not even such a blatant one. That said, I am glad this reporter is being released.

It's things like this which disheartens me.

I'm sure this thread will grow, and most will be hate talk, of he should've got a hit on that lil whatever.

But honestly, hurling a shoe, was the greatest disrespect, although he stood for what he did, he meant physical harm, to a leader of a country.

Although our country, disliked the president, since, well mainly many I presume don't know why but, it makes them feel like their part of the crowd, and such an easy target to make them feel like a smart person.

Imagine if Putin came over here, and I don't know, someone hurled two shoes at him, with the fierce intent of hitting him.

What about that?

What would happen if a Pakistani, hurled shoes at Obama.

I would say it'd be close to people claiming we should go to war!

I think that everyone can remember and appreciate the video of Bush ducking for his life

I think that you are wrong. I don't appreciate the leader of my country being desecrated by another country, although their are troubles, I wish it not.

I don't approve of Obama, but if I saw someone physically attacking him, I wouldn't go around laughing and saying 'how funny is this, you've insulted the leader of my country, as well as me. This is just grand, my only wish is that you would of severely hurt him!'.

It's a double sword.

[edit on 30-8-2009 by Republican08]

How can you relate putin to bush? Then throw in a Pakistani? Did Putin invade our country illegally? no? And if he ever does, then comes here to throw a speech, ill throw both my shoes at him. Give me a break.

Judging by your name your a bush fan. I don't care which face is in office, he's an international criminal that was directly involved in the murder of thousands of americans, then put our armed forced in harms way resulting in thousands of more deaths.

If America had any balls left after there 60 years of brainwashing they would have been throwing shoes at him for the last 7 years.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
"So what if a guy threw a shoe at me"
I laugh every time I see this video! BOB AND WEAVE dubaya BOB AND WEAVE! I would have gave him a standing ovation if he would have chucked those shoes right back at him! I don't fancy Bush to be honest...but that's not why I laugh. I laugh because its funny and I would laugh if it were Obama.care about what

So I give TWO THUMBS UP
for Bush and his quick reflexes and 4 out of 5 STARS to the reporter for chuckin' his shoes and speaking his personal truth! Why only 4...because he missed:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
quote:"I guess its okay to assault our Presidents.

I wonder if anyone throws a bottle or a rock at Obama if they would only serve less then a year in jail? "

reply to post by jd140

i guess its ok to murder thousands of middles easterners, and children. too.
and sending hundreds of soldiers to their deaths, and dragging as many countrys in as possible.

a shoe is nothing compared to being blanketed by bombs in the middle of the night, while in a mud brick house.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by MR BOB]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wormwood Squirm
Just in case someone was under a rock when this happened here is a video:

Is it just me or did Nuri al-Malik, the guy standing to bush's left, Smirk and kind of rolled his eyes, knowing he had to back up bush yet he probably agreed with the guy when he stood up and stated "Here is your good night kiss you dog.." . And didnt he seem kind of Lethargic to block the 2nd shoe. Rofl

Take another look at the vid

[edit on 31-8-2009 by TheFaiThfulSkepTic]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join