It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spielberg/Hollywood Conditioning us leading upto 2012?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Hi all,

with "knowing", "District 9" out now and the coming release of avatar, 2012, and Close Encounters of the 4th kind, there does seem to be a ramp up in ET/2012/sci fi related movies. Whether this has anything to do with 2012 itself im not sure. Maybe its conditioning us for future events, who knows,

It does seem Hollywood is being much more bold lately in their subject matter though, touching on Alien Abduction, Worm Holes, Parallel Universes etc

Here are some of Spielbergs movies that are coming up soon. Feel free to add any other movies by other directors too if you think its related to this,

When Worlds Collide - Release Date of 2010

Alpha Centauri is on a collision course for Earth, and mass hysteria of biblical proportions breaks out in the streets

www.imdb.com...

The Talisman - Mini Series - Release Date of 2010

To save his mother from certain death, young Jack Sawyer enters a parallel world known as the Territories in search of a powerful talisman

www.imdb.com...

Cowboys and Aliens - Release Date of 2011

In Silver City, Arizona, Apache Indians and Western settlers must lay their differences aside when an alien spaceship crash lands in their city

www.imdb.com...

Interstellar - Release Date of 2011

An exploration of physicist Kip Thorne's theories of gravity fields, wormholes and several hypotheses that Albert Einstein was never able to prove

www.imdb.com...

Quite an interesting few movies here all in a short space of time.

G.

[edit on 30-8-2009 by grantbeed]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
The same 'ramp up' could be considered with the Y2K phenomena with the movie makers in a wild frenzy to come up with hot topic movies.

There were so many movies, I can only think of one off handedly the Arnold Schwaznegger movie, something he fights satan, who whatever, typical, atheist turned christian after he meets undeniable proof blah blah blah, just like how these movies are all atheist, or a-ufos/aliens, people who meet the aliens, and go, "gasp" I was wrong... lol

We may also seem to ask what the "bring it on" cheerleader movies are leading up to!

Criticism aside.

I look forward to them.

Knowing - Two Thumbs way Up!
District 9- Didn't see it, but heard from friends and family that they want their time back from it.

Did you mention the movie Legion. I'm not sure if it coincides with the theme, but it's end of the world type stuff. Think it could fit in, i'm seeing it the day it hits theaters!

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
sci-fi = ramp up for preperation - no

its entertainment. Sci-fi has been around for ages.

Every time a new move does well - we see spin offs

Star Trek has been around sense the late 60's yet we are no closer to disclosure.

Its a movie. Nothing more.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Maybe Spielberg know somebody deep inside. I saw a video on youtube that George Lucas had some good conections inside the government, and thats how he got all of his ideas for Star Wars

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Yes it does seem that way doesn't it and ever since I been coming to this site for about 2 months now, I see more now than I used to I woke up and notice lots of things in movies and tv I mean its just everwhere I look its either aliens or nwo stuff I think its all connected and I think when the so called NEW WORLD GOVERMENT comes up its going to be the aliens running the planet until the end.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Over the last several years there have been many films conditioning us up to 2012, The NWO, and much more. Look at the films in the late 80"s early 90's, how many movies were made of Terrorist high jacking air planes them bam 9-11. There is also Angels and Demons and a couple of more that have come out already that have people either waking up or laughing. I am not a believer in the 2012 thing myself although I do believe it will be a year of change but not the year of the end. I think we are on the verge of the 7 year tribulation so the end is near but not 2012 near. I could be wrong but I feel like I have a good handle on it since I have studied all sides very hard for over a year now. I think everyone knows something is changing weather they are believers of God or not. To rationalize what is going on some people blame global warming, aliens, 2012 theory and all sorts of other things because they refuse to believe but it is so odviouse they have to find some way to explain it. The goverment or TPTB who own Hollywood and are using it as a conditioning machine, they know what is comming and they want to confuse as many people as possible and turn what is going on into a mockery so more and more people will not believe. That is just MHO.

[edit on 1/13/2009 by Melissa101]

[edit on 1/13/2009 by Melissa101]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by scarface2200
Yes it does seem that way doesn't it and ever since I been coming to this site for about 2 months now, I see more now than I used to I woke up and notice lots of things in movies and tv I mean its just everywhere I look its either aliens or nwo stuff I think its all connected and I think when the so called NEW WORLD GOVERMENT comes up its going to be the aliens running the planet until the end.

while NWO is usually presented in a bad way, it is needed. Until we have a NWO we will continue to fight and squabble over resources.

The day that we rise up as one world, one people, is the day we will truly learn and expand our knowledge. Unfortunately we seem to be a long way from that day.
Just look at politics in one nation, The USA, its a shame how we fight each other on every thing. When we find a way to abolish politics and agendas is the day we will become enlightened as a people.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   

You can say that again! Probably 2009-2010 will be the record-breaking years of blockbusters with the alien theme before …who knows what! I always see people trashing and mocking Hollywood’s science-fiction productions along with the usual pulpit critics. Not because it’s Hollywood that it should not be taking seriously. There’s certainly something behind the entertainment cause this is not the kind of subjects one tackle just to make a buck.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I guess thinking back on this.

There is nothing wrong with it per se, and it will have a 'peak' interest in UFO's and Aliens, and draw needed attention to it, but also unneeded attention.

Could do good, to have people looking into these things, as long as disinfo is kept at bay.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Movies are part of the mass media, so i won't be amused if this sci-fi overload haves something to do with a conditioning for 2012.
I really don't care. I love sci-fi movies and i'll be waiting for some of those titles, specially the 2012 movie, both teasers are great, but i love this one in specific. I watched it on the cinema and it's really impressive

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
i do love these movies too. cant wait to see some of these when they are released.

Maybe hollywood is really just cashing in on the whole 2012 thing indeed. But then the movie industry also has a very powerful tool which they can influence thought.

Many people will watch things and be swallowed into the idea bacause they have not researched anything. they will just go to the cinema and then believe it.

Not everyone will, but it can still have a big influence.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

i agree. the only thing is though, what is disinfo and what isnt?

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed

i agree. the only thing is though, what is disinfo and what isnt?

Hell, you figure out that!? and U2U me immediately!

[edit on 30-8-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   

well i know you being an atheist isnt disinfo !!

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Horse first, cart second.

The 2012 scenario is popular on the Internet (the horse) so Hollywood provides the cart to a popular destination at a fee.

Seems simple enough. Pure Capitalism. Find a niche, fill it and enjoy the profits.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Spielberg/Hollywood Conditioning us leading upto 2012?

Disclosure or unveiling mysteries?

Separating you from some of your hard earned cash at the Box Office or DVD store?

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I'd put more faith into books before movies....Movies today have little to no realism. Avatar is simply out there. 2012 is all hyped out now so the Independence Day and The Day After Tomorrow guy is just banking off of another idea of worldwide chaos.

They are just doing what they are paid to do. Write stories that are out there and not like the norm.

Seems like no big deal at all to me...They've been making movies like this since what the 70s???

Nothing new here...

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
OK, let's add the other movies in which Spielberg is a producer.

"The Pacific"

A 10-part mini-series from the creators of "Band of Brothers" telling the intertwined stories of three Marines during America's battle with the Japanese in the Pacific during World War II.

The Lovely Bones

Centers on a young girl who has been murdered and watches over her family - and her killer - from heaven. She must weigh her desire for vengeance against her desire for her family to heal.

The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn

The adventures of popular Belgian comic-strip hero Tintin and his faithful dog Snowy.

The Trial of the Chicago 7

During the 1968 Democratic National Convention in Chicago, there were massive demonstrations against the Vietnam War, which was reaching its peak. When a curfew was finally instated, this led to even further protests, eventually leading to a police riot. Following this, seven of the demonstrators (Abbie Hoffman, Jerry Rubin, Bobby Seale, John Froines, Tom Hayden, Lee Weiner, and David Dellinger) were tried for conspiracy. This is the story of the trial that followed.

Old Boy

An everyday man has only five days and limited resources to discover why he was imprisoned in a nondescript room for 15 years without any explanation.

Lincoln

The sixteenth President of the United States guides the North to victory during the Civil War.

I just see another producer doing his work (and I don't even find his work that good)

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

How about the imagination and stories of conspirators make great movies... I know I could write a pretty amazing movie script from accounts of people who have created threads on this site!

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Hi all,

with "knowing", "District 9" out now and the coming release of avatar, 2012, and Close Encounters of the 4th kind, there does seem to be a ramp up in ET/2012/sci fi related movies. Whether this has anything to do with 2012 itself im not sure. Maybe its conditioning us for future events, who knows,

It does seem Hollywood is being much more bold lately in their subject matter though, touching on Alien Abduction, Worm Holes, Parallel Universes etc

Here are some of Spielbergs movies that are coming up soon. Feel free to add any other movies by other directors too if you think its related to this,

When Worlds Collide - Release Date of 2010

Alpha Centauri is on a collision course for Earth, and mass hysteria of biblical proportions breaks out in the streets

www.imdb.com...

The Talisman - Mini Series - Release Date of 2010

To save his mother from certain death, young Jack Sawyer enters a parallel world known as the Territories in search of a powerful talisman

www.imdb.com...

Cowboys and Aliens - Release Date of 2011

In Silver City, Arizona, Apache Indians and Western settlers must lay their differences aside when an alien spaceship crash lands in their city

www.imdb.com...

Interstellar - Release Date of 2011

An exploration of physicist Kip Thorne's theories of gravity fields, wormholes and several hypotheses that Albert Einstein was never able to prove

www.imdb.com...

Quite an interesting few movies here all in a short space of time.

G.

I want to mention a movie called Seeking Closure, it is about humanity having just three hours to make peace with their self ... Etc...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join