It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pull the wool from your eyes! Stop watching American MSM!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I'm an American myself. I want to call out all of you right-wingers here who keep on posting and telling us about how you always get your news from Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, or these other idiots that are on the television. I'm also calling you left-wingers out there who keep on watching your partisan hacks Rachel Maddow, Keith Olberman, and that disgusting Chris Matthews. I'm asking for you to pull the wool from your eyes!

These people know nothing about what they're talking about. None of these comedians honestly really tell the truth anymore either... so stop going to Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart for news, they should be used as entertainers which is what they are. While you're watching Glenn Beck all you do is just get desensitized to his sick little view about how leftists are destroying America when you're all missing the point- and that it's not leftists- but that our economy is facing a systematic destruction from the federal reserve's policies. It is not radical leftists that are destroying America but these war-mongers in office and these neocons and these central bankers and they're neither left or right, they're elitests. For those of you that haven't woken up already- wake up!! Just because you're in the opposition doesn't mean that your party doesn't still just have a lot of liars and fascists and corporatists. These Democrats are pretty bad but they're on their last stand but that doesn't mean that your other party is somehow the better alternative. That's a lesson I learned from when I voted for the Democrats when the Republican party is in office.

Our mainstream media works on a two-party system. When Democrats are in power Fox news the "conservative" news station will go on and act as if it's the opposition. I put Fox News in quotes because I don't think that they represent real conservative values. Yet many people on here and on other places seem to buy what Fox news has to say, and, many people seem to have a hard-on for fox-news... these people watch it religiously. Then, when you have the Republicans in office you have the Democrat controlled media, and, it's like a circus. It's just a show to them. The Democrat media tries to paint the Republicans as war-mongers when we all know that the Democrats are all war-mongers too. They crush the anti-war movement and the Democrat media acts as a controlled opposition solely to the Republican base and then tries to get people over to their party. They're just partisans. And don't think that Fox news is better... fox news still has to report that elitest globalist agenda too. I used to think that Alex Jones view of the world was kind of crazy but now he's more and more right... all these people are working at least towards some grand agenda, and, that agenda will lead us to a place where our country isn't at the top anymore and I know that at least.

So for those of you who haven't woken up yet- it's just a game. I'm not just saying that because I'm an independent and that I hate on both of the two parties because I am partisan for my own values too. That's not what I'm saying. These people don't report news accurately. What they will do is they will report their spin on the news, and, they'll try to spin you over to their side. They'll always distort the news. Just because you watch the leftists doing it on MSNBC doesn't mean that your side does it too, and, just because you leftists out there watch Fox news and see it happening, doesn't mean that your side is equally as responsible for doing stuff like that.

PULL THE WOOL OFF YOUR EYES.

Fight the tools of the globalist's empire.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Well said my friend.

I have not listened to a radio show or watched T.V. in over four years and I can't say I miss it. I couldn't honestly tell you what programmes are running or who the latest Shill is for either party. I can think more clearly and form opinions for myself easier.

I will check into a few online msm sites to see what the official version of reality is and then go elsewhere to get another view. But I agree that when you listen to or watch someone who is charming or charismatic enough who has a good grasp on NLP programming you can't trust yourself to be unbiased any loger. We are all susceptible to brainwashing.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Our mainstream media works on a two-party system. When Democrats are in power Fox news the "conservative" news station will go on and act as if it's the opposition. I put Fox News in quotes because I don't think that they represent real conservative values. Yet many people on here and on other places seem to buy what Fox news has to say, and, many people seem to have a hard-on for fox-news... these people watch it religiously. Then, when you have the Republicans in office you have the Democrat controlled media, and, it's like a circus. It's just a show to them. The Democrat media tries to paint the Republicans as war-mongers when we all know that the Democrats are all war-mongers too. They crush the anti-war movement and the Democrat media acts as a controlled opposition solely to the Republican base and then tries to get people over to their party. They're just partisans. And don't think that Fox news is better... fox news still has to report that elitest globalist agenda too. I used to think that Alex Jones view of the world was kind of crazy but now he's more and more right... all these people are working at least towards some grand agenda, and, that agenda will lead us to a place where our country isn't at the top anymore and I know that at least.

I say "Right On" Please, please, please pull the wool from over your eys so that you stop fighting amongst ourselves and so we can take our country back. It's not about the right or left, it never really was as they are all currupt!

All of us Black, White, Red, Yellow or whatever, we are all equal under the sun and should be not afraid of our GOV. Nor should we be looking to them for all of our answers. Less Gov, more to the people and let the U.S. Constitution Rule.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
We unplugged the television (well, the cable) almost a year ago, and we haven't looked back. It was weird for about a week, almost like somebody in the family had passed away, but one day I head the kids laughing about something in the other room, went in there to see what all the ruckus was about and they were playing a board game, together, for the first time since they were toddlers. The difference in this family is amazing.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
WE unplugged about 10 months ago and I gotta say we are better for it. The kids never even asked what happened. They didn't watch much programming but I thought they would at least ask. A month later I told them and they were like .....pffft !

I don't miss MSM or the networks at all. I do miss sports programming tho'! I was a news junkie and I went cold turkey !

We planted a huge garden this summer and spent alot of time together as a family. I was never distracted by what was on the boob tube !

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Just curious.

Where did you get your news about all the MSM's and people you mentioned in your op?

How do you know who is left, right, crazy, etc. if you don't watch them?

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
What really tipped me off the BS that was being pumped into our heads was one little incident years ago. I worked at a huge reigonal grocery chain here, and the produce guys were raising caine about haivng had some clementines forced out to them from the warehouse. I went home that day, cut on the news and low and behold the little 'medical minute' thing on the local news was about Clementines had recently been discovered to be a great source of this and that, and new studies showed that Clementines were a great blah blah blah. They had a local doctor talking about 'new research' even. That's when I started watching the news, watching it but also really checking into it, the more I looked the grosser it got. Especially the national news.
News is 'brought to you' BY somebody, just like the weather and sports are, but oddly enough they never mention that.
Figured that out and watched my kids watch about five minutes of that new show jack ass and made a decision. CLICK!

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I got rid of my TV 30 years ago. People told me I was a fool for doing that. I wouldn't be able to know what was going on in the world around me, they said. If you don't watch the news, you can't keep up with current events, they said.

Turned out, I got the important news as quick as anyone else, but skipped all the crap. Stuff like 9/11, or some major events, people would tell by word of mouth. They'd stop strangers in the street to tell them. I got that sort of news right away. The rest? Didn't matter. A day or two later, it was already forgotten because really, it wasn't that important.

But one thing is, I miss out on all the propaganda. I don't get brainwashed, told how to think. I don't get fed the politically correct viewpoint to have about a topic. That means that I've got to figure out for myself what things mean. What I come up with is often unlike what others believe. That puts me on the outside quite often.

The thing is, the propaganda isn't all from the news. It's the whole package, the news, shows, commercials, movies. They all support each other, reinforce what the other stuff tells you. I don't even think most of it's deliberate - it's just the unquestioned thoughts or behavior we call "normal", but that might not be altogether wholesome.

If you stop getting indoctrinated, you may learn to think for yourself; but that may then make you an outcast from so-called "normal" society. If your thinking is original, people may ridicule or fear you.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I know who is left, right, center, crazy because I understand what these things are and I know what people mean by what people say because I have a basic understanding of political philosophy.

As to your other question... I used to watch the MSM thinking that I could get their agenda from it. I could. But I would be brainwashed from watching it. I don't watch them anymore but I know all their tactics and what they like to do. So how do I know all this stuff? It's from empirical evidence and some a priori evidence via what I see on the news from other places.

new topics

top topics

join