It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coverage under Obamacare will require an implantable microchip.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

I mean holy crap... you come here to get a better perspective on the 'truth' and alot of the people here are hundreds of times worse than the very MSM they purport to oppose. Deny ignorance... as if.

That's because many people don't bother to challenge their own biases or set up methodologies of verification or standards of credibility to what they are presented with. The same behavior patters that kept them "asleep" like the "masses of sheeple" to the lies of the MSM are what allow them to swallow whole the steaming pile of crap they're being fed by folk like David Icke and Alex Jones now that they are self-proclaimed "awake" to the "truth".

Naw, they're still dreaming. Same crap, different butthole.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

Seems like you missed post and links on bottom previous page 7, this is not science fiction , it is simply fact.

Just keep saying it, it'll go away.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
And? So what if they implant folks with chips that instantly can track someone's health, conditions, blood type, and other critical info? Oh yea.. clearly it's always an agenda to track and control us. Because the government, who can't go a day without tripping over their own feet, or even manage the Cash for Clunkers program, clearly can manage a nationwide domination via implants.

Technology will advance. And some will be very helpful. Of course, to the heavily conspiracy minded, they'd rather live in a cave than embrace anything that might not put them in 100% control of themselves. More power to you.

Next I suppose we'll hear about the mark of the beast, from folks whom 90% don't even believe in God. 'cause it fits their conspiracy-minded agenda, nothing more.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
There is so much political lingo in the health care proposal, but the more you look at the details, the more you see this is about control and power and not health care for the people. Too bad the sheeple only see the headline "Healthcare reform" and fail to read anymore and cry for it too pass,

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

Before this continues much further, could you do me a favor and clarify for me what you think it is that I am arguing for or against? I think this might just be a case of miscommunication or insufficient context for inference.

*EDIT*

While I would still be interested in hearing your perception of my position, what you think I think, I'm pretty sure I know what happened. I hadn't payed much attention to your posts earlier in the thread and didn't correlate the independent posts with the last one. Usually when people quote sources, they use the [quote] boxes to separate their source's wording from their own text. I thought you were making a reasonable argument upon casual glance and used a (misinterpreted) quip to springboard my own sentiment.

The icing on the cake was the "The Mark of the Beast is not upon you yet", which, following the aforementioned misconception, I considered as sarcasm. Your use of it again in response to me, didn't make sense then... making me wonder... are you misunderstanding me, or am I misunderstanding you? After all, many people only read the first few pages of multi-page threads, and I did make a sarcastic remark about Gorbachev being the Anti-Christ. Of course, ATS is the kind of place where a claim like that could well be taken quite seriously, unfortunately. So, thinking you might be mistaking my sarcasm and highlighting of commonly used rhetoric for genuine sentiment seemed reasonable. A quick glance at your profile and friends/foes, as well as reading all of your posts together in this thread as well as posts you were responding to together and in context indicates to me that my mental model of you was in error.

My apologies.

However, I am fairly certain that you do not possess an accurate mental model of my position either. My statement still stands. And for a brief clarification - I am not suggesting that conspiracies don't exist, merely that the largest conspiracy against humanity which is most pertinent and ever present to everybody is the conspiracy between their own conscious and sub-conscious mind. There's a lot of gears and processes running under the hood that shape our behaviors which we're not consciously aware of - but can identify objectively and try to compensate for.

Also, in light of greater context, my first post on page 1 still applies as well. Most people have known that "chips" of various forms and functions have been a long time coming. Providing confirmation of one variety of such is rather moot. The general contention was never really about whether or not chips/technology will be implanted/merged with our biology. The contention was over assumptions of malicious intent. That is still unsubstantiated.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by Lasheic]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   

(C) integrating the activities described in this subsection with

‘(i) activities under paragraph

(3) of section 505(k) (relating to active postmarket risk identification);

‘(ii) activities under paragraph

(4) of section 505(k) (relating to advanced analysis of drug safety data); and

‘(iii) other postmarket device surveillance activities of the Secretary authorized by this chapter; and

" device surveillance activities "

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican
Thanks for this. You have HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD and found what exactly 100% of us have suspected would come down the pipe at some point. Whether by way of economic or medical means.

*THIS IS THE SMOKING GUN FOLKS*

Suddenly, "the crazies" don't seem that crazy anymore.

boo-hoo

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Oh big deal....we'll have a microchip inside of us for better communication and identification...its called technology...welcome to the future.
And if you old-world "folks" haven't already noticed....we already do have microchips "in" us....
they come in the form of cellphones, computers/laptops, credit-cards.....so the government could already EASILY track all of you if they really wanted to WITHOUT implanting a microchip.
Cry me a river...
Why don't you "folks" wake up and smell the coffee....and realize how many people "Universal Healthcare" will help..rather than "harm".
"Oh boo hoo, my taxes will go up by maybe a third of a percent....."
Big deal...GROW UP.....yeah...you'll be LIGHTLY paying for other people to get proper healthcare for free....and at the same time you'll know you are doing something good with for your fellow citizens. Stop being so selfish and open your eyes.
Look at europe/canada/scandinavia.....the citizens of those countries support eachother...even if it means dishing out a little more from their paycheck....and look at the outcome...as a society..people in those countries are happier and healthier overall.
People need to grow up and lay off the "Obama wants to take away our freedoms because he wants to install universal healthcare!!!"
SNORE...zzzzz.....get over it and move on and realize that you universal healthcare will do more good than bad.
Deny Ignorance.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
The bill does state that class II "implantations" are a part of the agenda ... and hey dont get me wrong here ... but nothing says its mandatory.
From what i can tell ... (legal background implied) that it will be a covered option. In less words you will have the option to get a RFID chip with your medical history implanted in you for Quality Assurance in your healthcare...

Its a rouse by all means... they'll tell you that this will keep information on your allergic reaction to certain medicines and any other pertinent data regarding your health information ... (and you can bet your name ss# birthdate and anything else that is private) but from the actual print of the bill it is not mandatory ... they will trick you into getting it period

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by GlossomBoodchild

Oh yeah by the way let anyone who can get there hands on a scanner know all your information ... RFID chip = New angle for hackers
edit to add ... show proof that said countries are happier and healthier ... from what i can tell these people are in worse economic times than we are. They will be the first people in line at the soup kitchen

Edit again ... remove the deny ignorance tag plz .. cuz your spreading it
[edit on 1-9-2009 by conspiracyrus]

[edit on 1-9-2009 by conspiracyrus]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
All that language that you're all freaking out about does is create a registry for existing implantable devices.

It doesn't mention implanting people with tracking microchips. It doesn't require that you have a chip implanted when you go for a checkup. It gives congress the authority to establish a registry of medical devices which are implanted in the patient (like pacemakers, which probably keep some members of your families alive) as part of normal, already existing, non-conspiratorial medical procedures.

Read the whole paragraph, not just an arbitrarily excerpted part of a list of bullet points.

This bill is not an effort to steal your babies and turn them into satan-worshipping gay abortionist commie NWO slaves, or whatever the hell it is you people are afraid of. It is an effort to provide healthcare to people who could not otherwise afford it.

And most of you are being absolutely ridiculous about it.

Edit to add: I bet you believe the whole "death panels" thing too, right? Not only are they gonna implant you with tracking chips (because Lord knows you're that important, and you don't carry a cell phone in the first place) but they're gonna gas your Grandma too? Idiots.

What's next? The section about free dental care for disadvantaged kids is really a plot to deploy hit squads at all U.S. elementary schools?

[edit on 1-9-2009 by The Parallelogram]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

Have you never heard of 'a figure of speech'? I really despair with ATS sometimes. Figures of speech are often very useful to demonstrate ideas etc. Whether they are factual or not is neither here nor there.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oaktree
I am at the point where I don’t know why I spend as much time on this site as I do anymore.
What? You heard me correctly.

It seems nearly everyday, I log on, and I am shown one more reason that I should spend much less time on this site.

Proof and more proof, everyday, that I should not be here, continuously being shown that war is right around the corner.

I have accepted long ago that I will more than likely die (preferably not) fighting for my and my family’s rights and freedoms.

I have seen more proof than was ever necessary. One more just makes me wonder why I continue to “waste” my time reading.

I already know, one more smoking gun uncovered can’t prove any more than has already been proven,
Ad Nauseam.

It Ate Everyone!!

Rather than being here, I should be doing the real important stuff:
One more sandbag.
Pour more concrete.
More magazines and stripper clips loaded.
Wires to be snaked and walls to be erected.
Fire up the Food Saver, more food to be saved.
Spend more time with son, Gabriel,
For I don’t know how much more time
Before the inevitable.

A post on a conspiracy website is PROOF enough to lose faith in the human race that has been here for tens of thousands of years before you? If you dig a hole for your family, will anyone miss you?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by thetruth777

Good job of quoting only the part of it that seems to support your claims.

In checking the entire bill - I have a pdf; love that whole 'getting the facts thing' - I find that the full section reads as follows:

From pg 1005

20 ‘‘National Medical Device Registry
21 ‘‘(g)(1) The Secretary shall establish a national med-
22 ical device registry (in this subsection referred to as the
23 ‘registry’) to facilitate analysis of postmarket safety and
24 outcomes data on each device that—
25 ‘‘(A) is or has been used in or on a patient; and

1 ‘‘(B) is—
2 ‘‘(i) a class III device; or
3 ‘‘(ii) a class II device that is implantable,
4 life-supporting, or life-sustaining.

In other words, it's about a registry intended to track the effectiveness of medical devices.

Some implantable devices along these lines would defibrillators, pacemakers, artificial hearts, devices to provide a supply of this or that hormone (like, say, insulin), and so forth.

Then there's your quoted bit:

14 (B) In this paragraph, the term ‘data’ refers to in-
15 formation respecting a device described in paragraph (1),
16 including claims data, patient survey data, standardized
17 analytic files that allow for the pooling and analysis of
18 data from disparate data environments, electronic health
19 records, and any other data deemed appropriate by the
20 Secretary
------
1 ‘‘(A)(i) in the case of devices that are described
2 in paragraph (1) and sold on or after the date of the
3 enactment of this subsection, shall require manufac-
4 turers of such devices to submit information to the
5 registry, including, for each such device, the type,
6 model, and serial number or, if required under sub
7 section (f), other unique device identifier; and

If you look at these sections without the "Oh no, they're gonna chip me" paranoia, the intent is obvious - tracking the safety and effectiveness of medical equipment. And it has nothing to do with some evil plot to stick a microchip up your butt.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Originally posted by Before2017Victor
If I put tin foil over my arms will that stop the government from putting microchips in me?
Will it be as effective as stopping them from scrambling my brain with my foil hat?

You really should have splurged the extra money for the Reynold's Aluminum Foil and not gone for a generic.

Yes driven from the market because it's Aluminum Foil could foil any electronic invasion the Alcoa brand Aluminum Foil would have spared you suffering this fate...

Sadly the damage done all ready can not be reversed.

True - nothing like Reynolds to protect your brain from all those nasty evil bozo rays from all those full moons...

The important question, though, is what style hat?

Do you want a tin foil baseball cap, a tin foil cowboy hat, or a tin foil fedora?

I think the fedora looks cooler....

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by orderedchaos
reply to post by jam321

Chipped? What's the big deal? It doesn't sound like a big deal...
and it doesn't. That's what gets under MY skin

Heh... chips... under my skin...

Did you notice the little bit of wordplay when you wrote this, or was that accidental?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

I do know what I am talking about and not just flapping my lips as you so eloquently put it. What you are doing is jumping to conclusions.

Yes, I know the FDA has approved RFID technology for humans. That is information is readily available on the FDA website. What it does not say anywhere is it will be mandatory as was inferred by the OP. Sure, it COULD “open the door to the widespread introduction of implantable RFID chips in U.S. healthcare”. It COULD rain tomorrow, you COULD get hit by a train on your way home tomorrow. So do you live your life based on suppositions? Let me guess, you’re one of those ‘what if’ or ‘yeah but’ people.

I live in a binary world. Ones and zeros, black and white. HR3200 DOES NOT say RFID implants will be mandatory. Nor does HR1 say anything regarding RFID implants. In fact neither RFID or the word implant shows up in that bill anywhere. Have you even bothered to look? Or are you just content sitting back with your smugness accusing me of ‘flapping my lips”.

Again, “where it ends nobody know”. True, but you cross that bridge when you come to it. Not sit back and cower at the prospect.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by ratcals]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I'd always read " Revelation " with the hope that it wouldnt be in my lifetime , but the sheer speed and momentum of the technology curve suggests , very alarmingly , that they will indeed be seeking to chip us sometime soon , and they'll do it in such a way that the sheep who refuse to think for themselves and dig deeper to find truth , will only see the benefits of how to BUY and SELL more practically.
Everything is building towards this. The banking system is being re-aligned into a more globally cohesive system , and things like the lottery and shows like " who wants to be a millionaire ? " build the climate of avarice and greed , so we are primed and mentally ready to accept a new technological breakthrough in biological computer systems , that will turn us into " batteries " and " prisoners ".

This momentume needs to stop.
The people who are promoting these ideals need to be stopped , if indeed it can be stopped.
It will happen sooner or later , whether its this bill or another bill.......it will happen , but we have to stall it as long as possible.

A man called Benson Idahosa once said " When will it matter , if it doesnt matter when it matters ? "

Benjamin Franklin said " All that evil needs , to prosper , is that good men do NOTHING "

When this bomb drops , we need to rebel , and we need to show them we will not lie down and play dead.

I wont be taking the chip. I've been in a passive state of preparedness all my life , waiting for the day that i will say no to their plan .

Learn to live off the land and forage , enjoy the air in your lungs , the feel of the sun on your skin.......love the simple things , and stay on the narrow path that leads to the Almighty God.
There is no option. When this chip is revealed , you cant take it. If you do , its game over for you. Please be wise and stay true.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSecret
there used to be a time when people believed that taking one's picture would take their soul away. then there were those who refused any medical help on religious grounds. then came replacement organs and transplants, antibiotics and trauma care...

the truth is humanity and technology is evolving exponentially and nothing will stop progress. microchips and "obamacare"? i hardly think so. but it certainly sounds good when some preacher or radio host spews it out to the blind (mostly white) followers.

microchips will eventually come, maybe in the next 50 years when you'll implant your bio-computer directly into your brain. you'll probably get a nano-bot injection depending on which model you want and in a few days your bio-computer will come online. our grandkids will have these just like most kids today have netbooks and internet.

but hey... good luck being afraid and paranoid about something that isn't even written in the draft bill.

Paranoid? Really?

www.cnn.com...

and

The Brain Chip - A Prison For Your Mind
www.youtube.com...

and

An implantable brain chip that serves as an artificial connection between nerve cells could one day help rehabilitate lost muscle movement in patients who have suffered brain injuries, stroke or paralysis

[edit on 1-9-2009 by ButterCookie]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
So you guys are supporting Big Medical Device Manufacturers right to NOT have to back up their claims with actual research studies about what their products do???

to you and other posters
for Denying Ignorance.

When a bill is proposed, with parts wanting to put in place some form of corporate regulation--in the interest of the citizens--the bill is attacked. Citizens, prodded by corporate lobbyist organizations disguised as "grass roots" or "patriotic", have been trained to attack at the mere mention of a word or phrase. The phrase may be complete non-sense, but the end result is the same...corporations (or financial schemes) suffer no regulations in an increasingly complex world that requires such regulation.

Under corporatism, citizens are corporate patriots.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join