It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coverage under Obamacare will require an implantable microchip.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by hotrodturbo7

The VeriMed Health Link system was cleared by the FDA in 2004 as a Class II medical device and is the first and only implantable microchip cleared by the FDA for patient identification.

VeriChip Corp

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Holy shnikes, we finally agree on something - they are useful in SOME CASES.

Prisoners and child molesters are people that have little if any personal rights left - ie, once they've proven - or judged by their peers - to be a risk to society or children, then their rights are dangling by a thread.

My opposition on this is clear - I oppose it being thrust on people that wouldn't otherwise accept the invasion - in exchange for health care.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Is anyone actually reading the bill, or just accepting the few lines the op pasted and his interpretation of it to fit his agenda? Nothing in the bill states you will be required to be chipped. In fact thhe entire section the op refers to in actuality simply creates a registry to study any medical device or any IMPLANTABLE device that is put into covered patients for information and study of the said device.

It does not say anywhere "you will recieve an implant in order too recieve care". It does not say anyone will recieve or be given an implant. It only creates a registry on any implantable, device. It is a research based registry to gather the effectiveness and safety of any medically implanted device of covered patients. Can a mother who has ALREADY implanted her kids with tracking chips go on the registry? I assume so if she has her kids on the government plan. But the registry or government is not tracking her kids or cares to. If it gathers any data on the chips at all, it would essentially be to study whatt effects the device may have on the biological functions of the people, if any, and its effectiveness.

The only reason implantable chips would be listed under there is because tey already exist, they are already within people, and the documentation has to be there to cover all the bases.

It was expplained a few posts down on the first page, is anyone even reading it?

Really, I worry about meeting some of you in person for fear of watching you have a heart attack from seeing his/her own shadow.

[edit on 8/30/2009 by DYepes]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TravisT

Do Microchips Cause Cancer?

If you are thinking of having your cat or dog microchipped, you may want to think again. An article entitled, “Chip Implants Linked to Animal Tumors,” published in the Washington Post in September, 2007, reveals some troubling information on microchips.

What Do The Studies Show?

Studies dating to 1997 show that one to ten percent of the rats and mice in labs who were injected with microchips developed a type of fast-growing malignant tumor called a sarcoma. Most of these sarcomas grew right around the injected chip.

yourcatcareguide.com...

Chip Implants Linked to Animal Tumors

Be Aware of Safety Issues Re: Chip Implant

www.metropettracker.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson
Does it specifically say that people will be required to receive an implant? Is this in the final draft of the bill that does not exist yet?

I do not see anything here that specifically requires and implant. Do you?

I do, it's called reading between the lines. When they say that personal data is to be stored on a chip that's implantable, what else should we think.

It's just like Bill saying 'Illegal aliens may not participate, but separately is says that implementator may not ask the citizenship of the applicant. The Democrats never point to the second statement, only the first.

So an illegal-alien just lies, saying he's a citizen and he's in. In addition, the democrats want to give blanket amnesty after this bill is approved, so via the magic wand, 10 million are added to health care. That's why we also need to

This HD3200 bill is what the Democrats tried to push through as is. They are taken back with the uproar. While the Senate has it's own version, much of it is worse.

I'm tired of the democrats now saying, wait for the final bill. Well, if we didn't speak up regarding the severe measures of the preliminary pass, they would have gone full speed ahead.

In this Bill,
All doctors and nurses must be 'unionized'
No tort reform
Government rates are lower on because they are subsidizing it using taxpayer monies to the tune of $100 BILLION more per YEAR for 36 Million bums who don't want to pay for it themselves (nothing but a $2,800 per person per year raise in welfare.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by thetruth777

Can ANYONE here say ...... Anti-Messiah Bamah (Obama).... this would be the Mark of the Beast, 666, if you don't take it, you can't buy or sell.

This prophesy is coming to fruition.

I don't care if you don't like what I've just said. You cannot hide from nor change the TRUTH of it. Its going to happen.

I guess we'll see who got balls then huh ?

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Honestly I would like a chip that has all my rewards cards and membership cards rolled into one package. That way annytime I go rent a movie, get a book form the library, or go to the local theme park I only need to scan my arm. Or when I am at he theattre, cvs, grocery stores and use it for the rewards points. But those all in one options have not been put into place yet, and chip implants are still relatively new. This is my voluntary desire only.

If anyone decides that they would like to force me to have a chip foor any reason, than they can talk to my little fast moving 7.62 friends.

Again, there is nothing in the bill mandating, dictating, forcing, or requiring implanted chips in covered patients. Can we tag this as hoax?

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by thetruth777
And does that mean everyone will be chipped?????

No.

What happened is that there are companies that wanted to enforce security measures through 'being chipped' tactics. The government finally stepped in and decided to regulate what can and can't be put on those chips in order to protect the privacy of citizens and military personnel. This obviously has had an affect on the bill itself.

Not only they wanted to regulate the chip, there has been lots of evidence to suggest that the chips that were already created did not encrypt data well enough. That pretty much took place last year with the frenzy over RFID chips being easily copied. While technically they weren't fully copied, there is enough case evidence on how people and companies have misused social-security numbers as an identity, and we obviously don't want the same mistake to happen to any RFID type chip. Even the name RFID probably has to be changed in order to prevent such a mistake (as an "ID")!

The implant is optional and is one of many optional devices (cellphones, digital pens, digital contacts, digital glasses, bio-informic wearables, etc etc) being allowed in order to digitize medical records. With the information on a chip (or a chip that references an online database such that the data isn't actually on that chip), doctors are able to have all the medical information they need in order to treat a person. That would save them time to call around and gather all the information. It could save lives with that time being saved. It could mean more accurate treatment. It could mean reduced costs in medical coverage once the paperwork is diminished.

[edit on 30-8-2009 by dzonatas]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by thetruth777

This is for pacemakers and the like, it says life support or sustaining.

‘National Medical Device Registry

‘(g)(1) The Secretary shall establish a national medical device registry (in this subsection referred to as the ‘registry’) to facilitate analysis of postmarket safety and outcomes data on each device that--CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

‘(A) is or has been used in or on a patient; andCommentsClose CommentsPermalink

‘(B) is--CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

‘(i) a class III device; orCommentsClose CommentsPermalink

‘(ii) a class II device that is implantable, life-supporting, or life-sustaining.

[edit on 30-8-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

Originally posted by elfie

Be serious, a whole class devoted to a single device? That is the category to which it assigned. There are many Class II devices, not all of which are actually implanted.

Point taken,although the RFID transponder is covered under the "class II device" isn't it?
So it could be made law under the whole obamacare bill.
Sounds a bit suspicious to me.
Of course if you asked the government people concerned with the bill they would deny the RFID chip was part of the deal-but the FDA description of such a transponder is clear,and by including the "class II device"in the bill,they slyly leave the door open for chipping everyone.
Smoke and mirrors,as usual.

Yeah, I agree, mentioned this on page 3 of this thread in so many words. A national registry for devices that are already currently subject to this technology would increase the response time for batches of devices with flaws, though.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jesus H Christ
Baby steps folks, Baby steps. If you want to see how far baby steps will eventually get you think back to 1990. Cell phones were almost non existant, only Doctors carried pagers, almost no one owned a personal computer and even if they did there was no internet perse to gather information at the pace we do today. If you had a Sega genisis you were
a serious gamer and cars were still being made with tape decks from the factory.

That wasn't even 20 yrs ago. Where the # do you think we are going to be 20 yrs from today?
Think about it.

Actually, I think you made one of the best cases for it. 20 years from now we might be talking about how paramedics had to spend time diagnosing issues with people before treating..heart attack, stroke, choked...whats wrong with the person on the ground...oh, lemme just swipe their chip here.
20 years from now they will talk about how people didnt have a immediate and quick way to measure blood sugar, bodyfat percent, vitiman deficiencys, etc.

20 years from now they will talk about how people looked 40 when 40 and died from heart disease at 60-70 in wonderment of how people existed in such primitive conditions.

Personally, I will accept a chip that emits no signals but is scannable for up to the minute reporting on my health...so long as I am the one holding the scanner, or someone hovering over me...is it possible to abuse this? sure...but so are ole school medical records of today.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The Obama haters are having a field day with this one. I doubt it'll get anywhere.

But interesting find.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Mark of the beast, as predicted in the bible.

I am seriously considering to become a religious person now, lol

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
The Obama haters are having a field day with this one. I doubt it'll get anywhere.

But interesting find.

Oh yes, those damn "Obama Haters". Obviously people who don't like being chipped HATE OBAMA!! They probably don't want a chip because they are just a bunch of racist white men. Only enlightened progressive intellectuals can see the wisdom in being tracked like a lost herd of cattle, then led to the slaughter house.

If this was George Bush's idea you would have flipped your lid.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Oh, come on people! Lets all volunteer to receive the chip!

Lets get this ball rolling. Once people are chipped, the people will realize just how much of a slave they really are.
And THAT is when you will see change.

I can't wait for the day to see these scum representatives running down the steps on capitol hill worried for their crooked necks!

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
c'mon now...obama ONLY wants to microchip right-wingers, to keep track of them, in case they start waving their arms and throwing feces.

ok,ok...i'm not helping, but i thought it was an amusing comedy club line.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
c'mon now...obama ONLY wants to microchip right-wingers, to keep track of them, in case they start waving their arms and throwing feces.

ok,ok...i'm not helping, but i thought it was an amusing comedy club line.

We only do that if you get too close to our cages. . .

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I touched upon this point earlier, but I didn't really expand on it like it deserved.

A small glimpse into the future:

We're quickly entering into an era of "Designer Medicine". Basically, designer medicine (Pharmaco Genomics) allows a doctor or pharmacist to prescribe medication and tailor suit treatments unique to your own individual biochemistry. You'll have a card or chip which contains your entire up-to-date genetic profile that your health care providers can scan to cross-reference and select the most effective treatments.

Right now, we use a rather sophisticated method of a primitive form of pharmacology. A "Sh*t against the wall pharmacology" as it's often called, because we basically just throw chemical compounds against the problem and see what has the greatest effect. This borders on mischaracterization, and is way over simplified, but that's the crux of it. But because we're just patching the body with similar chemicals - or chemicals which induce desired genetic responses - we get all kinds of nasty side effects, limited effectiveness, unpredictable long-term consequences, etc. One-Size-Fits-All medicine doesn't work. At least, not as well as we known medicine can work.

Pharmaco Genomics won't really hit it's stride until gene therapy becomes more applicable, allowing us to fix underlying problems in our genetic code that cause disease or make us prone to certain illnesses. However, this doesn't mean it can't completely transform medical practice on it's own usefulness - as it will allow doctors to prescribe only the medicines which are most effective with the least side effects for you.

C0nc0rdance listed an excellent example of it's usefulness on a recent YTube video. The MCR1 Gene which determines skin and hair pigment also affects how fast the body metabolizes certain commonly used anesthetics. The polymorphism of the gene which creates red heads/gingers codes for a faster anesthetic metabolism rates. Redheads generally needs 20% more anesthesia during surgery to maintain the same level of suppression of awareness as other patients. Before genomic research, red heads were only getting about 4/5ths of the painkillers they typically need to keep from feeling the surgeons knife.

Just to reiterate Barry's final sentiment... if you can stay healthy for the next 30 years, there's a good chance you may live to be 300.

And this has nothing to say of nanotechnology, tissue engineering, and robotics/cybernetics which are all three maturing and converging over the next 30 years.

The paper system cannot keep up with the sheer volume of information and organization which will be demanded by the next generation of medicine.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by aravoth

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry

But interesting find.

Oh yes, those damn "Obama Haters". Obviously people who don't like being chipped HATE OBAMA!! They probably don't want a chip because they are just a bunch of racist white men. Only enlightened progressive intellectuals can see the wisdom in being tracked like a lost herd of cattle, then led to the slaughter house.

If this was George Bush's idea you would have flipped your lid.

I'm not flipping my "lid" because I doubt this will go anywhere.

So stop getting so excited sweetheart

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

This is in regards to some UK ID issues... but you can see how I link it to this topic as well....

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join