It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coverage under Obamacare will require an implantable microchip.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by elfie
I read it differently from the bill currently under consideration, in Section 2521.

It's discussing devices that are currently implanted such as: pacemakers, portable dialysis devices, pain mediation implants and other similar items.

True. It says nothing about microchips of death. Please ppl, stop fearmongering. All there seems to be here is fearmongering to fearmonger those who fear. Please stop the fearmongering.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
From what I've been able to make of this, it appears that the text refers to implantable *medical* devices.

I don't find anything that says we'll be required to have a chip implanted into us, in order to receive benefits.

The problem is that you're taking a few lines of text out of context, which makes it seem that suddenly everyone's going to have to get chipped. Not so. No "smoking gun". No "Mark of the Beast". Just a reference to certain implantable medical devices, which we've had for decades now.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Their are times (I will admit) that logging into ATS scares the hell out of me. (It) would seem that this world is and has been changing so fast that each day becomes a whole (new) reality unto itself. Have trouble sleeping at times because I know for sure (at least in what little mind I have left) that what is behind (the real power) does not appear to be benevolent.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DieterDengler

Could not agree more in that "right or left" whatever your position may be (and even that could change overnight) we (humanity) are living in some very interesting and disturbing times.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by thetruth777

I love the way you say that 95% of Americans won't like the idea of an implantable microchip...

95% of Americans watch television, and spend hours every day doing just that. They'll not only love the idea of an implanted microchip, but they will actually queue for hours to get one - all because the television tells them to do so.

I'll even gamble real money on this.

Worse will be the fact that peoples in other lands will do just the same. (Take note of the fact that I didn't say "people in other countries/nations")...

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Redneck from Hell

Ok so I will stop the "fearmongering" as you suggest. Now lets take a look...."sh*t I'm still scared".

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
CHIPS don't work when the Transmitters 'go down', and there will always be people willing to perform that very liberating task!

They can chip everyone till they are blue in the face.......but when the OFF switch is regularaly in operation it won't matter what they do!

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Have they stated where in the body they will be putting these "chips"

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I guess modern shepherd's would love to tag their sheeps.
If it is indeed the case, I am against that bill. But what can we do?
Not optimistic because the regime in place knows how most americans are complacent.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

You're worried about this one chip? Ooooohhhh boy, you're in for a rude awakening. Noone is going to force you to merge with technology, but you're going to get left behind. I guess you could join an Amish community. I'll find a way to deal with the inconvenience of passing your Horse and Buggy on the highway, if it means you can stay totally chip free. I don't mind.

No one is going to force you to merge with technology huh?
You got a social security number,or driving licence?
Its happened already-you have been forced to merge with the technological apparatus of the state.
The chip will just be the new way for the government to see who you are where you are,what you are doing,and ultimatley what you are thinking.
It won't all be reality modifying graphical eye/brain interfaces or boosted memory ability/plug in language modules...It won't be for our benefit in the long run,although you can bet that will be how it is sold to the masses to begin with-its started already-who would disagree with poor old folks/kids getting chipped to stop them getting lost,or using the chip to track sex offenders?
This is a subtle breaking down of people's resistance to a new method of control,in order to achieve the eventual plan of chipping the whole population,for what I believe will not be in our best interests.
As for me I will happily wave to anyone who passes me in my horse and cart,eating my organic home grown food,while the rest of the human/sheep herd drive past me in their posh new cars,with their government chips firmly implanted.
So enjoy your "augmented reality," but I think i'll be one of those who takes your advice and goes to live with the Amish.

I'm not having a go at you,I just feel that the way any new technology is implemented by the governmnets these days seem to have at the very least,a dual use approach-sure some tech can be great and useful-but its often ultimatley used to control the masses,and generate more revenue for control obsessed governments ,who then go on to spend that money on more cunning ways to track,profile,control and dominate Joe public.

“I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.”
No.6,the prisoner.

How absurdly outdated that quote now sounds in the days we now live in.
And yet still very relevent IMO.
Remeber the concept of freedom never said anything about being plugged remotley into a government supercomputer,as far as I am aware.

But heck,ignore me and my old fashioned ways....in a couple of generations my way of thinking will have been selectivley erased from the borg hive gene pool by our loving government overlords.

+++---Transmission complete---+++
-+-+-Data uploaded to the hive-+-+-

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
My reactions:

1. Laughter.
2. "Ok", I thought, "what desperate anti Obama b...sh.t is this?"
3. Then I read "implantable microchips", but the original text that contains that phrase was not quoted.......anyone with half a brain cell should have asked , why?
4. Aha........somebody has read about "implantable devices" DUH! my pal has one, my dad has one but by no stretch of the imagination are they tracking microchips...DUH!

However, the idea that an implantable device (which may break down) could be monitored automatically is surely a good thing. Isn't it better to detect minor failure before major breakdown? Wouldn't you rather have a pacemaker monitored and replaced before your heart stops !!!!!!!!!!!!

Once again rampant paranoia strikes ATS.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Well i'm not most people. I have not used a bank in 15 years, and that was only for the purpose of getting my home. Problem is, starting next month the hospital I work for will no longer be doing payroll by check.They are forcing everyone to direct despot, and will no longer issue check stubs. So it looks as if this fellow is gonna have to find another job, because I refuse to give any bank my business.

Best wishes.

[edit on 30-8-2009 by Kanati]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Yes they mean medical devices, but the ambiguity of bill leaves the door open to implant the masses.

I don't like the wording of the bill, even though the OP put a bit of a spin on the topic.

If it can be misinterpreted here on ATS, then I am absolutely sure it can be by the powers that be.

[edit on 30-8-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I hear ya, Im 42 never voted, allways worked for myself never used a bank, and income tax is a joke I dont owe but when I dont file they with hold my girlfriends(of 20 yrs) Family allowance cheques, nope never married as well...And those damn phone calls from the health nurse "Your 2 yr old needs her shots updated"......Childrens Aid here we go...

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
"Who are you?"
"The new number 2."
"Who is number 1?"
"You are number 6."
"I am NOT a number... I am a FREE man!"
-The Prisoner

Folks, I'm too tired of trying to read between the lines with this government of ours. SUre, on the surface it appears that they are simply refering to "Implantable medical devices" like pace makers and such. But given the complex legalese used to construct these bills, I have no doubt that it has alternate meanings probably referenced elsewhere in said bill.

I no longer have ANY faith in our leadership!

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I do NOT support the Obama plan!

That said, this is not correct. I am reading the bill as I write this the class II devices they are referring to are likely pacemakers! There is NO language I can find indicating 'mandatory implantation of a device'!

IMHO, this is tinfoil.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

And there you have it.

These bills are so full of legal convoluted speech that Senators and Congresspeople have a whole legal staff to dissect them. Remember people, they write these things so full of loopholes that warping the so called intent is easy.

I have always worried about this being on Disability and for those in the military. It would be too easy for them to force some sort of "debit chip" on the recipients of these programs. I know that Social Security is really pressing people to use debit cards now. For me I have to since I can't get around in the winter to the check cashing places or the Post Office to access my money for bills. They got you coming and going in this society and we are TOO dependent on all this technology.

I don't want a computer chip in me if there is some huge CME! NO THANKS.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
There is ambiguity in this bill.

It was meant to have.

There is no mention of abortion either.

Does that mean abortion won't be covered?

They leave things like this open-ended, so they can do whatever they want.

I believe the OP's intent still stands.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
Yes they mean medical devices, but the ambiguity of bill leaves the door open to implant the masses.

I don't like the wording of the bill, even though the OP put a bit of a spin on the topic.

If it can be misinterpreted here on ATS, then I am absolutely sure it can be by the powers that be.

[edit on 30-8-2009 by Realtruth]

It does raise questions, and it is necessary to weigh the pros and the cons. I could see it as a gateway for requiring a chip to participate whether it be externally worn or an implant. Combined with a requirement for all to purchase health insurance, one could infer that most affordable program would be the public option and therefore a chip. As it stands, it's not the case.

Since the technology is already being used to monitor the efficacy of such medical devices, a central registry would be helpful in reporting difficulties that arise. Safeguards for privacy are outlined but need to be expanded.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

Folks, I'm too tired of trying to read between the lines with this government of ours. SUre, on the surface it appears that they are simply refering to "Implantable medical devices" like pace makers and such. But given the complex legalese used to construct these bills, I have no doubt that it has alternate meanings probably referenced elsewhere in said bill.

I no longer have ANY faith in our leadership!
I like how you base all your ideas and beliefs on things you think are probably there.

Ever since ATS has been around, there has been this sort of topic. Whoever is the President at the time, is going to implement chips into the skin, which is the sign of the beast, which has to mean he's the anti-christ, which means he's a nasty dictator, which means World War III is coming, which means it's Revelations, which means we're all screwed.

I don't know what would be worse: Actually having these "oh so bad, mark of the beast" chips our skin, or living in fear, from topics that people make up and use for their fear mongering, towards the President they didn't want in office? Seriously, this has been said about every President that has ever been in office. Instead of looking up Bible references, and looking for "things to come", why don't you just keep living your life, and stop trying to scare others into these theories?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join