It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coverage under Obamacare will require an implantable microchip.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by thetruth777

Thank You for your info. This is unacceptable. We are not to be branded like cattle and tracked thru these implantable devices. To check the bill starting around page 1001 go here to the draft of the house bill: energycommerce.house.gov...

What is this the mark of the beast!?

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
These types of microchips have been proven very useful in elderly patients with some types of dementia.

Why does everyone always have to jump to conclusions?

I know they are putting these into some patients with dementia to help them when they get lost. Every few months there's a news report about an elderly person with dementia who has gone missing. These chips have proven helpful in locating them.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by AceOfAces

What are the poll numbers now for the dissaproval of this bill? Its certainly one-sided. More people against than for. They can slam it through all they want but finally the people smell b.s. I have faith that before SHTF that things will work themselves out when enough people wake up.

Speaking of waking up, welcome to the Republic. America isn't a democracy, and never has been. This is a country founded on the rule of law - not majority/mob rule. It doesn't matter how many people are against it. That's not a barrier to passing or not. Never has been, excepting for concerns of re-election.

Our officials and representatives work for themselves, rather than for us who employ and pay them. A flush of the entire body of congress should be required. Chronies don't change. Chronies dont even have change, they only have $100 bills in their pockets.

No... no, no. It's not Congress that's the problem. It's the lobbyists. Good luck getting them out.

You have a voice, of course. But just because you have a voice, doesn't mean you're going to get your way. See, the problem is, the "Voice of the People" is generally spouted by those who think the "The People" agree with them.

This is what the voice of the people sounds like.

Some cheers, some boos, some whistles, some occasional discernible dialog but mostly just a bunch of overlapping noise. There is no "Voice of the People" in a free and open society - because we should all have our own unique voices to speak. But when you have 300 million different voices all telling you their own thoughts, concerns, criticisms, praises, wants, needs, etc... how do you accommodate them all?

You don't. You can't. And chances are that 300 million to one, your voice is going to get drown out in the crowd.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13 These chips have proven helpful in locating them.

Exactly why people don't want one.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

You're right, people will line up. Worse, they'll demand them. I know people, now, that would get them in a heartbeat as an added security measure for their kids, their spouses.

Market the thing right, and the masses will be beside themselves with joy.

Others that saw this coming years ago and didn't want a part of it then, really don't want part of it now.

Chipped? What's the big deal? It doesn't sound like a big deal...
and it doesn't. That's what gets under MY skin, is how harmless it all sounds, when it has to be anything but, or the lepers on the hill wouldn't be bothered with it.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
This will be great for the people that sell body parts, just like that guy from MIT cloned that speed swipe card.
Some one will walk by you get all you medical info blood type, DNA, health records, then if you are right one, kill you and take your organs and sell on the black organ market.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Not everyone is jumping to quick conclusions. The chips aren't something we didn't see coming. The people that disagree are the ones who disapproved of the idea upon the onset, and the ones who are for it were, again, for it from the start.

Some people want it, others want no part of it - for beyond conspiracy reasons. There should be a choice, same for the ones who approve.

When it comes to our bodies, we should have a choice, and for that point, the chip shouldn't be used as a bargaining tool - people that don't want it will be pressued in to it if they need the health care.

That isn't right. It borders on coersion.

And I have complete empathy for the elderly with dementia, as a personal subject, But I can't envision my grandma being stuck with a locator under her skin when so many technological advancements can do just as well at the task - without the invasion.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by elfie
I read it differently from the bill currently under consideration, in Section 2521.

It's discussing devices that are currently implanted such as: pacemakers, portable dialysis devices, pain mediation implants and other similar items.

Maybe I reacted too quickly. But we are slowly being acclimated to the idea of implants. How easily would it be to persuade us after years that the medical info on a chip is the way to go. It saves money then we can track and find you incase of a medical emergency.

I am very concerned.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I'm sorry but I have to say that we are pretty much at the middle of the road now. Anyone with the sense to have seen this coming does not need to know what bill and what citation. We already know.

This is not an "I Got'Cha" moment for those wishing to point a finger at the Government, it is long since past.

The only questions that remain are will the extreme left be willing to kill the brown shirts, when they kick in your door because you refused to take the shot, just as the extreme right will?

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by raxxon2

Yea then maybe when the terrible solar storms comes and the electromagnetic burst blow out everything eletrical, including your MedicalRFID chip, no one will know whats wrong with them.

We will have become a paperless society, lost in the folly of the electronic age.

Did you ever hear about guy Doctor gave mechnical hand, doctor said will do what ever you tell it, he just should of never said jerk it off.

[edit on 30-8-2009 by googolplex]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by allsop

If on crazy wild chance that you're right, and the government will use them to track you in some nefarious scheme... then what the hell is there to prevent you from removing it? These chips aren't high colonic implants. They're just under the skin. A hunting knife and a stick to bite down on if you need one, and it's gone. Untraceable again.

If you have a Cell Phone - you're traceable anywhere. Didn't you know they can locate you if you call 911 from a cell, but don't know your exact location? They don't NEED the chip to keep track of you. They never have. Credit Cards, ATM cameras, Account Records, License Scans for liquor, security cameras, utility bills... you leave a trail of paperwork a mile long no matter where you go. If someone WANTED to trace you, there's not much you can do to stop them ultimately.

Further, I suppose this may be a problem if you're a total ignorant, but there is really no system out there that can't be hacked, modded, disabled, or otherwise modified. If they're using technology, then YOU can use technology right back.

A good example.. hmm.. I recall a few years back that Sony spent multi-millions on a Anti-Piracy measure for CDs.. and within the week of it's debut it was defeated by a .50 cent magic marker. To this day, anti-piracy is an ongoing battle with no sure-fire or even practical anti-piracy measure you can't crack with a bit of downloaded software or a bit of brainpower. That's why they gave up and started suing people for ridiculous amounts as a threat tactic and going after distributers. From Napster to WinMX to the Pirate Bay... and as soon as you shut one down, another tracker site pops up.

Technology and information is a liberator, not an enslaver. However, you have to keep up with technology and education if you want to ensure that liberty.

It's in YOUR hands. Those who have the knowledge, have the power. Want to listen to paranoid fear-mongering ravings spun by the likes of Jones and Icke rather than learning about computers, physics, or genetics? Then you have no room to complain about any technological threats - real or imagined - because you enable others to wield power over you.

Knowledge isn't hidden or kept from the public. It's given, freely, to anyone who is willing to but do the work of learning. Being self-taught may not earn you a degree and a job, but it empowers you none-the-less.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I wonder if TPTB realize something, there are a couple technologies they have which don't mix well, those technologies are ACTIVE DENIAL and .THE IMPLANTABLE RFID MICROCHIP.

Let me explain why:

Active Denial is a crowd control device which emits a form of microwave radiation that heats the water under the skin, causing a severe sunburn-like sensation which you cannot withstand, so you MOVE to avoid the pain.

Well, I read a posting on someone's solution to the concern of RFID equipped credit cards, placing them in a microwave for a few seconds disables the chip. So my thought is...if you're chipped and can get hit with the Active Denial system (which now is HumVee mounted) when they do crowd control, you'd effectively kill the chip by exposing it to microwave radiation.

Everyone should prepare themselves to sustain their basic needs of food, water, medical supplies because it's not an unlikely thought that these things will be used as control factors to force us into submission.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Little by little they are turning up the flame, and us poor toads are too dumb to jump out of the pan of water before it boils us to death.

I'm surprised that anyone on ATS is still so asleep that they think these chips are a good idea. I've never given much attention to the idea of disinfo agents on this board, So it'll be interesting to see what turns up in posts. People that think it'll end there, just for use as a medical ID tag, really deserve all they get. We get the government we deserve. Come on America show the world you deserve better, for I fear where America treads Britain soon follows.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by orderedchaos

I know they were using non-invasive bracelets but that some people were able to take them off or they could break. I think these chips aren't for everyone, but they are for some people. Could also be useful in prisoners who are at risk for breakouts and things. And in sexual predators. I think it's a good idea in SOME CASES.

If you can't take care of yourself and are at risk for running away from your caretakers (someone with dementia) it's a good idea. If you are a prisoner, you already are "forced into submission."

[edit on 8/30/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Optical, facial and Form signature software could provide one access to their medical records of which should be stored on the premises with a 'local' uncompromisable network security infrastructure. There is No need for an 'implantible' device. What else may the chip contain? Would it Not be used to track an individual's movement/location?

Would this not violate certain inalienable Rights?
Why not apply the Golden Rule?
Has it not served Oneself as Another?

[edit on 30-8-2009 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sharps

Little by little they are turning up the flame, and us poor toads are too dumb to jump out of the pan of water before it boils us to death.

You know that's an urban myth right? There's absolutely no truth to it.

If you very slowly turn up the heat on a pan of boiling water that a frog is in, the frog will JUMP OUT when it gets too warm for them. They will NOT boil to death obliviously.

If frogs were oblivious to gradually changing temperature over extended time periods - how do you explain their ability to seek shelter in the winter? Wouldn't they just freeze to death because they didn't know it was too cold until it was too late?
In reality, frogs are SO sensitive to slight and gradual environmental changes that they've become known to biologists as the "Barometer of the Environment". They are some of the first creatures to react to changes.

I don't mean to break off on you... but damn... that is one of the stupidest analogies I've ever heard, and it's rampant on conspiracy forums. Why? I mean, I'm pretty sure I know why, but why do people who claim to be be "awoken" from the blissfully ignorant "sheeple" so often use such utterly false and ignorant statements like the frog analogy.

I don't have enough characters in this post to display the number of "/facepalm"s I think it deserves.

Again.. I'm sorry for directing this at you when it's really directed and far too many people who post here and those who use it in everyday conversation. You just happened to be spark. Don't take it personally.

Just know that when you say something like that, you kill your credibility or respect for anything you have to say following.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
im jsut hoping my chip can cure swine flu and swine flu vaccine.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

I like my reptiods hard boil.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   

I'm not really sure what to make of this.
On one hand, it could be used to save a lot of time at the doctors, thus cutting costs.
On the other hand, it could be used for more sinister purposes.
Who knows?

Then again, I really doubt the majority would go along with this.
I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
My medical information is between me and my doctor, no one else. If my doc wants to go paperless he can issue me a card or flash drive. Yeah, lets go paperless to give hackers something else to screw with.

Doctor " Well Mr. Volton, it looks like your due for another prostate exam."

Me " But Doctor, I just had one last month when I was in for my physical."

Doctor " The records don't lie so bend over and relax, there is no charge under Obama care."

Me " But I just came in to get a script to stop smoking, that's it!"

Doctor " Now don't make me report this in your records."

Doctor " Oh, by the way. It looks like your a match for donation of one of your kidneys to a patient so come back next week for a follow up and to get you ready for surgery consult."

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join