It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctor admits euthanizing patients during Katrina

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Reply to post by Rams59lb

It's also known as Triage. It's common practice when resources are low to save those who are saveable by not wasteing resources on those who are not still as humanly as they can. You don't know what you are talking about.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
It's common practice when resources are low to save those who are saveable by not wasteing resources on those who are not still as humanly as they can.

...Just like Germany did during the first half of the twentieth century.

[edit on 30-8-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Everyone has the right to die with dignity, or should have.

This is why there are living wills, people make there end of

life wishes know ahead of time, this should be their choice

and no one elses!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

I already stated pretty much the same thing.

They rather this be a thread about calling for this doctor to be executed for treating people like dirt.

As shown in the post above this one.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

They rather this be a thread about calling for this doctor to be executed for treating people like dirt.

No one is calling for him to be executed - that is just what happens to murderers in some states in America.

This doctor deserves a jury trial.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   

So every medic on every battlefield that has had to initiate triage is a murderer? A great many would disagree. It would mean murdering those who can be saved to waste already low resources on those who will die anyway.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Yea and if he does go to a trial jury and he is found innocent then there will be a thread about how he got off and how the judicial system is broke. It will be a massive thread with people saying how he should have been executed.

I'm not a new member. I know how ATS can be.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Originally posted by Sundancer
I would hope someone would give me that same consideration.

And I hope there would be people like myself to push for prosecution and execution of those individuals who would inflict such 'consideration' onto their patients.

Even though you say he should get a trial. You also have already stated his guilt and should be executed.

Pretty much like I already said.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
This doctor should be hung until he is dead.

....Just as America did to the other doctors which came into our hands and which perpetrated such actions.

Anyone who says otherwise is supporting and encouraging the continued existence of a murderer.

‘‘I gave her medicine so I could get rid of her faster, get the nurses off the floor.’’

so he could get rid of her faster....

....so he could 'get the nurses of the floor'

Nothing about compassion.

*This story would make an excellent media distraction. If there are any reporters reading this, write an article and say that people are calling for this doctor to be given the death penalty (like with the NAZI doctors). You'll get alot of hits on that article.

[edit on 29-8-2009 by Exuberant1]

Another one where you call for his execution.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

Yea and if he does go to a trial jury and he is found innocent then there will be a thread about how he got off and how the judicial system is broke.

What is your point?

If he is found innocent by a jury of his peers, then he is found innocent.

In some states, those guilty of murder are executed. We hanged people for doing as this man did.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Reply to post by Exuberant1

No like is common on EVERY battlefield. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. But lynch mob mentality seldom requires such.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   

But lynch mob mentality seldom requires such.

A jury is not a lynch mob...

Just so you know.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Read the rest of my post for the point.

Just take a second and don't hit the reply button to fast.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

"This doctor should be hung until he is dead.

....Just as America did to the other doctors which came into our hands and which perpetrated such actions. "

So now you disagree with punishing criminals as we have done in the past?

When did the laws change?

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   

So every medic on every battlefield that has had to initiate triage is a murderer? A great many would disagree. It would mean murdering those who can be saved to waste already low resources on those who will die anyway.

I'm not going to debate this with you and the follower you have cheering you on but I appreciate your posting and your opinions.

I'm a Desert Storm Vet and served this country proudly for over 12 yrs so don't even go there... I would like to have the choice of med's or the choice to say no thank you. It's simply about choice.

Hold my hand, tell me the truth, show some compassion towards me and let me decide thank you very much. No, this Doc decided he needed to "get the Nurses off the floor" those are his words so please stop the "Lets get off topic" and add more drama to an already bad situation with Katrina. Your defending a Doctor who admittingly says it wasn't about compasion it was "Geting the Nurses off the Floor"

Not responding any further lol

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Reply to post by jd140

I know it's easier for them. The mob screaming for blood as usual. So much for denying ignorance huh?

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Just curious again...

If this DR had instead just left them alone to die in the mud, stench and filth would you not have called him a murderer for that as well?

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sundancer

If this DR had instead just left them alone to die in the mud, stench and filth would you not have called him a murderer for that as well?

This is about choice.

As Ram Said:

You're defending a Doctor who admittingly says it wasn't about compassion it was "Getting the Nurses off the Floor"

Bold- mine

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Reply to post by Exuberant1

No, you sire or ma'am are little more than a lynch mob member. You cry for blood and call TRIAGE Nazi Eugenics in your ignorant blind outrage.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Rams59lb

Thanks for referring me as a cheerleader, but if you scan back a page or two you will see that I did mention triage before my buddy did.

As I recall you saying, you was an MP. So please inform me what you know about triage through your MP expieriance?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join