It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctor admits euthanizing patients during Katrina

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Great discussion post Op! Star and flag for you.

And now my two cents for what it's worth...

I would hope if I were in the position of those who were gravely ill, that there would be a doctor who would make my transition into the next world as comfortable as possible. People now days love their pets enough to help them die pain free with dignity by having them euthanized when death is eminent. I am one of those people, I hate to see them suffer.

Why should my grandma expect to be treated any less humanely when her time nears? Nope, when her time comes she's getting a pretty bow put in her hair, a Baskin Robins last meal and the needle just like the pets in our home. I would hope someone would give me that same consideration.

J/K about grandma and Baskin Robins by the way, but you get my point.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I hate to step in this mess, but I have to. I was there, not at the said hospital, but in NOLA. If you think you have a good grasp on what happened before, during, and after the storm, think again. If you think the media portayed what was happening, and had already happened accurately, your wrong. Sorry, but armchair quarterbacks won't be able to call this one, and thats a fact. I could type for days on the storm subject, but I'll try to stay on track. This is usually not a subject(Katrina)that I talk about with people who were'nt there, so just this once. I'll be brief. Don't think for one second that these doctors and nurses wanted to do what they did. The magnitude of the situation is hard to put into words, even for those of us who did live it. I truly believe that these people did the most humane thing given the circumstances. Checking with the family simply wasn't an option. Dont lose sight of the fact that these were proffessionals, they saved lives everyday in their careers, they were not a rouge group of rabid doctors killing people. I'm not trying to bash anyone by saying "you just dont understand" but something like this has never happened on US soil. At times I think this is how London must have been during WW2. It was surreal, to put it mildly. Total breakdown of society, TOTAL. This is just one story, believe me, there are countless. Like I said, I could go on for days. If it had been one of my loved ones, I would have wanted the doctor to do what they did, the alternative is worse.

i]reply to post by Rams59lb

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sundancer
I would hope someone would give me that same consideration.

And I hope there would be people like myself to push for prosecution and execution of those individuals who would inflict such 'consideration' onto their patients.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Great discussion post Op! Star and flag for you.

And now my two cents for what it's worth...

I would hope if I were in the position of those who were gravely ill, that there would be a doctor who would make my transition into the next world as comfortable as possible. People now days love their pets enough to help them die pain free with dignity by having them euthanized when death is eminent. I am one of those people, I hate to see them suffer.

Why should my grandma expect to be treated any less humanely when her time nears? Nope, when her time comes she's getting a pretty bow put in her hair, a Baskin Robins last meal and the needle just like the pets in our home. I would hope someone would give me that same consideration.

J/K about grandma and Baskin Robins by the way, but you get my point.

"StarDancer"
Awesome that we agree with both your pet's and grandma's comfort in passing on if need be. But honestly that is not what this was about. I am simply stating that I agree with you having that choice and I would probably make the same choice but these people in Katrina didn't have a choice and didn't even know it was happeing. That's Murder!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by inbound

"Inbound"
Thank you for sharing a little of your expierence on this topic, I'm sure it wasn't easy... I think what is clear is that not all Doctors and Nurses chose to do these things but for this Doctor to have no compasion in his sharing of what he had to do is what angers me and what angers most people espeically knowing that we are in for one hell of a change coming soon.

I take nothing away from your posting and appreicate your sharing.

I would want to be given a choice!

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
The whole Katrina situation in New Orleans, is nothing more than an excuse for the govornment to "Thin Out the Herd". Why do you think that it took so long for the govornment to take action before and after the strom. Im not saying the govornment can control the weather ( OT- Bill Gates thinks he can. Saw it on the news.) but the way I see it, Katrina was an excuse for our govornment to take care of "Undesireables" Im not basing it on race or anything like that.

The govornments of the world are in crisis over food and fuel shortages. the only way they can see to help these problems is to decrease the population. Katrina was a great cover for our leader to let people die, and as in the article, get doctors involved in euthanizing patients that could have been helped if the govornment had stepped in properly instead of letting things get out of hand.

I see things coming to the point where the govornment decides if you are allowed children and if you are one of the "desireables" that are permitted to live because you provide something for your country and once your too old to provide that service, you are eliminated. You can see thier thinking of course. How much money could be saved if the elderly werent living off social security for years and years, because face it, people are living longer.

Then imagine the money they would be saving for such things as the military and alternative fuels if those recieving disability or other forms of govornment assistance weren't around sapping govornment funds. Katrina was a blatent example of the govornment stepping in and reducing the population ( covering it up very very well of course) ObamaCare is the next step in the process to the govornment deciding if you are valuable enough to be kept well or even live.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChameleonCircuit

The govornments of the world are in crisis over food and fuel shortages.

No they are not.

Artifical Scarcity has been created to control the people.

The larger the population, the less control the few can exert over the many - that is why governments and elites want to limit population growth.

*When I was a child there were only 2 billion people and governments still said there wasn't enough resources and population had to be reduced.....

Well there are 7 billion of us now and the Good Earth has provided for us that which the governments of the world said it could not.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by uplander

This is total BS.

We sent an Advanced Life Support rig with two Paramedics with he Rig full of Meds and Water. We sent that Rig right away.

They were sent back home by the local authorities because they said they had everything under control and did not need our help.

My city is a small city in mid-Michigan. If our city sent a rig can you imagine how many other cities sent rigs?

Why the hell did they send them back home and not use them to transport patients to other cities for care?

I KNOW Katrina was not a series of mistakes....it was a test. Otherwise why in the world would they send away an Advanced Life Support rig with two Paramedics if they were having to euthanize people?

Something is not right here.

Edit to add: A few replies to this post tell me we are all in a lot of trouble. People are not thinking clearly and not thinking things through properly. This tragedy was left to bleed for almost a week for no apparent reason. Volunteers were coming in from everywhere and were turned away.

Why?!?

[edit on 30-8-2009 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I'm afraid today doctors have forgotton their oath that they took which is to preserve life, they do have a habit of being judge and dury, infact this is how we treat animals...theres nothing we can do for your pet, the kindest thing to do would be put him to sleep, in other words kill the animal, now, euthansia is rife in UK hospitlals, yet we play with worsds, we dont call it eurhansia, infact we dont name it, we just say, oh well, he is dying , we just give him some medication to let him/her drift away peacefully.......infact in UK, a recent law passed has taken the descion out of the hands of the family and given the hospital full authoruty to do what they wish!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by inbound
I hate to step in this mess, but I have to. I was there, not at the said hospital, but in NOLA. If you think you have a good grasp on what happened before, during, and after the storm, think again. If you think the media portayed what was happening, and had already happened accurately, your wrong. Sorry, but armchair quarterbacks won't be able to call this one, and thats a fact. I could type for days on the storm subject, but I'll try to stay on track. This is usually not a subject(Katrina)that I talk about with people who were'nt there, so just this once. I'll be brief. Don't think for one second that these doctors and nurses wanted to do what they did. The magnitude of the situation is hard to put into words, even for those of us who did live it. I truly believe that these people did the most humane thing given the circumstances. Checking with the family simply wasn't an option. Dont lose sight of the fact that these were proffessionals, they saved lives everyday in their careers, they were not a rouge group of rabid doctors killing people. I'm not trying to bash anyone by saying "you just dont understand" but something like this has never happened on US soil. At times I think this is how London must have been during WW2. It was surreal, to put it mildly. Total breakdown of society, TOTAL. This is just one story, believe me, there are countless. Like I said, I could go on for days. If it had been one of my loved ones, I would have wanted the doctor to do what they did, the alternative is worse.

i]reply to post by Rams59lb

You have just said exactly what I meant to say in my post. I truely feel badly for all involved, but if it were me facing an imminent death, I would certainly choose the most pain free death. I would also deeply thank the brave Drs or nurses who were compassionate enough to help me go out with dignity and grace, not struggling in pain and fear.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
On Artificial Scarcity- I apologize for misphrasing what i was trying to say. Of course the govornments are only out to make it look like we are running out of things. It gives them more power over the people, unless you choose to not abide by thier falsehoods.

On turning away aide- I agree that sending people away is rediculous, If the govornment wasn't there to turn them away and any others, could you imagine how many people would have been saved. The fact of the matter is that if the govornment had not seen this as an opportunity to eliminate a mass group of people, the whole situation would have been handled before the storm even made landfall. Its just like H1N1 today, they will use it to scare people into getting something they want, just wait for it.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by uplander
I would also deeply thank the brave Drs or nurses who were compassionate enough to help me go out with dignity and grace, not struggling in pain and fear.

You should also write a note for them to use in their defense at their murder trial.

I mean, you don't want your murder to result in the lose of their career or anything.....

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Awesome that we agree with both your pet's and grandma's comfort in passing on if need be. I am simply stating that I agree with you having that choice and I would probably make the same choice.

Aw, you totally rock! I'm originally from down south and people like you that would take my grandma to Baskin Robins if need be will always be welcome at my BBQs. Sorry, I'm getting a little punchy

In all seriousness, I know what you're getting at but I just don't know how to feel about the DR's choice. I don't know how ill these people were or what shape they were in. Were they already on deaths door?

I personally would not have wanted to be left alone to drown in mud and sweat in my golden years, but you have a point maybe some of those people would have wanted to die like that and weren't given the option.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

maybe some of those people would have wanted to die like that and weren't given the option.

Maybe?

The weren't told they were going to die.

They were just murdered. Some in their sleep.

No time to pray or get right with God. No time to think over past actions. No time to think of their families.

They were put down like animals.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by earth2

Well when they throw you in an internement camp, the rest of will say "he wanted it that way".

Your type of thinking is why Americans would sit back and let our government carry out atrocites against us. I hope there is someone left when they come for you.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

You're right there were many thing things wrong with the Katrina situation. I work with several charities, it's what I do. I've been blessed in life and it's my way of giving back.

In any case one of the charities I work with had three large five ton trucks packed full of food, water, bug spray and other essentials. Our trucks sat parked on the side of the freeway for days, along with several miles of other aid trucks. Eventually we were all turned away still fully loaded.

I could have handled Katrina better than the Bush administration...

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Edit to add: A few replies to this post tell me we are all in a lot of trouble. People are not thinking clearly and not thinking things through properly. This tragedy was left to bleed for almost a week for no apparent reason. Volunteers were coming in from everywhere and were turned away.

Applause!!!! I was thinking the same thing. What is wrong with some of the post? It shows that people will go along with depopulation plans along as it is not "their" population at worse, and at best will turn a blind eye to freaky government tests as long as it is not them.

Of course they will be convinced that it was the "humane thing to do".

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Just curious...

Do you believe no one should have the choice of dying with dignity or do you believe that no one should be able to make the choice for anyone else?

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by canihavemyvoteback

Animals are treated better than how the Katrina victims were, the

government was at fault here.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Do you believe no one should have the choice of dying with dignity or do you believe that no one should be able to make the choice for anyone else?

Murder is murder and people should be punished for committing it.

I am all for life sentences - I actually prefer that to execution, despite the cost.

*America has hung people for doing what this doctor did. Heck, we even hung the nurses.

[edit on 30-8-2009 by Exuberant1]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join