It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctor admits euthanizing patients during Katrina

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Quick, someone send this guy's resume to Obama.

Lets make him the Czar of Death Panels.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
reply to post by Rams59lb

The thought of a slow painful death is scary.

If it was me in that situation I would like to be put out instead of a painful for sure death because of the situation.

I guess that's what you would rather have. A slow painful death. wtf

I guess what I am saying so we are clear and not defensive is "That is my choice" not the Doctor who obviously doesn't give a crap...

I'm support your choice, I'm pointing out that those who were KILLED should have been given a choice and not MURDERED!!!!

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Triage can be a pain sometimes.

As long as the ones who were euthanized weren't able to survive without depleting supplies, then that is the nature of the beast sometimes. You can either let them suffer or you can stop their suffering.

Letting them suffer could be seen as torture.

Stopping their pain could be seen as murder.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

The people I care for who are near death, are kept comfortable!! till

they take their last breath. If it is left up to the government under

obama, believe they will speed up the process, your dignity or wishes

won't matter....imo

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

That I agree with, I would want the doctor to ask me, if i was awake and aware.

Do you know if his patients were awake and aware?

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

I'm sure or can almost bet my life on it that he will be one of those sitting on the commision boards of thsoe making those decisions under Obama/Kennedycare...

I honestly don't want this to be a political topic but more of our right to live issue... Again, it's not weather you are okay with vaccinations H1N1 but more about our right to say NO we don't want to take it especially if we are not inffected!

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by truth/seeker

"TruthSeeker" I understand that point of view as factual as I have seen it first hand as well but I will not simply base it on Obama as it has been going on for centuries.... But I will say that this healthcare farse is getting the truth out about things like this that is for sure...

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

last spring I had a client, that was hospitalized, she was smiling at me

when she arrived at the hospital. She was given tylonol #2

from me, the hospital put her on Morphine, I asked why, there

comment was it is hospital procedure!! within 3 days she was dead!!!

imo......they ended her life!!!!!

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2

Let's leave it as "we agreed" as your question is still leaning in the answer you wish to hear... This is not about the questions you are asking, it's about the answers in the report/OP that this doctor is NOW coming out and does not show remorse for any of it.... Period

Not replying furher.

[edit on 06/03/2009 by Rams59lb]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Just for the record I am against that, if that is true.

That is horrible. Sorry you had to see that.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by truth/seeker

last spring I had a client, that was hospitalized, she was smiling at me

when she arrived at the hospital. She was given tylonol #2

from me, the hospital put her on Morphine, I asked why, there

comment was it is hospital procedure!! within 3 days she was dead!!!

imo......they ended her life!!!!!

You are exactly right, it happens way to often and familys are angered by this but it is never brought to the forefront of a debate. Why?

I will say it again, I sympathize with people dying and having to make hard decisions but that is not what happened during Katrina and it is not going to happen with this H1N1 and another example are the 9/11 rescuiers who are died and dying now because the GOV wont look after them as they looked after us. It's simply wrong and nothing more can be said about that.

[edit on 06/03/2009 by Rams59lb]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Good, then I get the last word. lol

Not sure what you expected the doctor to do, fall on his knees and ask for forgiveness. He has to be feeling remorseful, probably why he is coming clean with the event. Im sure it has been a burden on his mind.
Cant be an easy thing ending a life.

Imo, I dont see how you can take a few sound bites as evidence of the situation. You wasnt there.

[edit on 29-8-2009 by earth2]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

I followed the Katrina story about this Doctor, I read everything I could

get ahold of. Imo....I felt what he did was WRONG!!!! based on what

was reported at the time.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Euthanize is a term used when your cat or dog has a sickness or injury that is far to extensive and the animal would be better off deceased. This was murder.

People who have will yet weren't told this is it. Just because of a shortage...This is appalling and reminiscent of something out of Nazi Germany.

How this man manages to sleep at night blows my mind. They'll open up a full investigation about someone downloading a metalica cd but refuse to open up an investigation like this where innocent people were euthanized against their will and without knowing.

I honestly am ashamed that I live in a country that looks the other way far too often.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
This doctor should be hung until he is dead.

....Just as America did to the other doctors which came into our hands and which perpetrated such actions.

Anyone who says otherwise is supporting and encouraging the continued existence of a murderer.

‘‘I gave her medicine so I could get rid of her faster, get the nurses off the floor.’’

so he could get rid of her faster....

....so he could 'get the nurses of the floor'

Nothing about compassion.

*This story would make an excellent media distraction. If there are any reporters reading this, write an article and say that people are calling for this doctor to be given the death penalty (like with the NAZI doctors). You'll get alot of hits on that article.

[edit on 29-8-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Thank you again and honestly that is all I wanted from posters before defending this creep... I'm sure your patients appreciate you under your care...

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AceOfAces

Now we're getting to the crooks of the matter. YOU hit it right on the head! Great post. I'm sorry that some just don't get it!

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

BINGO! Another person that get's what should have been the true Headline of the OP.

You know, thinking more about this, I can't help but blame us all for this! These kinds of treatments are honestly happening everyday in America and although we might know somebody going through this, we allow it, we don't get fired about about the mass euthanizing of our people but instead allow ourselves to feel helpless and go along saying things like "The doctors right" or "we can't afford to do anything else" but the truth is we really could.

Instead we right with each other about race, politics and religion but never go after those who make the policies... We pay them to make the decision to kill our elderly, seriously ill and bla, bla, bla.

I'm sorry but this is crazy stuff, crazier because we are going to be facing some serious chiices by our GOV sooner then we thought in our lifetime!

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

I left the country years ago.

America is screwed.

Seriously, you guys are in for it down there.

I can't disagreeeeeee lol with that statement... What Country are you at now that you've left the U.S.A.? And my next question would be, do you truely believe this isn't every where being that TPTB are Global?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join