It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BC Freshwater Dolphins and Seals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

BC freshwater dolphins (British Columbia NA): Same thing as with the freshwater seals. Common Pacific dolphins that live in many of the interior lakes of British Columbia. Just isolated populations of the common dolphin species.

BC freshwater seal (British Columbia NA): A small seal is said to live in various lakes in the interior of BC. They are supposedly exactly the same as common seals, but they live landlocked in the lakes. Not a new species, just landlocked populations of common seals.

www.angelfire.com...

Can anyone provide any more information on Freshwater Dolphins and Seals? Which lakes have the been spotted in BC CANADA? Are the seen anywhere else around the world?

Thanks

[edit on 29-8-2009 by FoxMulder91]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Um, yes.

Freshwater Dolphins:

Some dolphins also live in areas that were saltwater that are becoming freshwater. As Seen Here

The Ganges and Indus River Dolphins are found in respective freshwater rivers. Similar species are found in India, Bangladesh, Nepal, and Pakistan.
en.wikipedia.org...

Dolphins are also found in the Amazon.
en.wikipedia.org...

Freshwater Seals:

The Baikal Seal lives in a freshwater lake in Siberia.
en.wikipedia.org...

The Ladoga Seals are also found in freshwater in Russia.
en.wikipedia.org...

Some other seals live in the Freshwater Iliamna Lake in Alaska.
scottdickerson.com...

The Saimaa Ringed Seal is found in a lake in Finland, and are entirely a freshwater species.
en.wikipedia.org...

Any freshwater pinnipeds or cetaceans in British Columbia are cryptids at this point in time. That Angelfire site seems to be one of the only sources for them. Of course this would only be a cryptid if the seal or dolphin is located in a freshwater lake. I think, because of the reports of the dolphins in lakes that were saltwater and became freshwater, it is possible that the changing geography landlocked the normal populations of the BC coast, or populations that relocated through rivers. That would be my guess.

[edit on 8/29/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Awesome thanks for all the info.
Yea, the Angelfire site is the only site ive so far found that talks about Dolphins and Seals in freshwater lakes in BC.
Yea, changing geography could explain how some of the have become landlocked.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxMulder91

Not a problem.

I'll keep my eye out for more info. I know that Nessie has been suggested as a long necked seal, as have many other cryptids. But the long necked seal is a cryptid within itself, so who knows.

new topics

top topics

join