It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chaotic Plausibility.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I am here to propose a new religion...ish.
It came to me while staring at the light reflections at the bottom of the pool.

We are only able to say we are here because of Chaotic Plausibility. Meaning it has taken an incredible amount of luck to reach this point in time in the form we have. But since there are so many planets in the universe that "could" have life then there are a certain amount that statistically must have life. accounting for disasters and every other thing that could possibly happen at least one must be left
hence us. Or even if that ends up going wrong, we wont be around to say anything about it.

Everything is about luck. just luck. not god, not demons, not life and death or even good or bad.

Some current physicists theories say everything is made of vibrating sound. these vibrations make up the pieces of atoms and these make up atoms, and these make up molecules and so on. that means the vibrations are waves and these interact with others and these make new ones and these interact.
Our survival on a macro, down to the physics of atomic depends on these vibrations being right. hence more luck.

Any "miracle" is just something odd that was bound to happen, and bound to happen at a convenient time. Sorry ppl just as much faith you have i have that I'm right. and mines based on math.

There is no purpose to life, no afterlife, I'm sorry to bring the revelation to you all but i came to understand it and wish for you to as well.
This is by no means a reason to despair, it is in fact the greatest gift of freedom you can receive.

It means life your life to the fullest, have as much fun as you can. And when it comes to death realise if you have lived well and done everything you wanted then you can die well, and better yet that you can make the lives of others better.

If you feel that this is too difficult to believe and you stay with your own religion because you enjoy it more then do so. For this is also in place with Chaotic Plausibility.

I just ask for a halt in killing and pain in the name of any god. Be it Christianity, Islam, Voodoo or even Maori.

As much as i want to avoid pissing off others, but i am questioning several thousand years of belief, so I'm probably outta luck. but hey if your right I'm going to some sort of eternal punishment

I felt an epiphany when i came to know this but that's just me, how do you guys (and girls) feel about this, and more importantly do you think in on to something.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Thousands of people have written about this idea for thousands of years now. It is far from revolutionary, and is even the mainstream thought system for most of mankind's fields of science.

It pretty much is what all atheists believe and also very published in the works of Anton Levay and other fringe anti-god groups.

Its pretty much what is forced down your throat through every form of mass-brainwashing (tv, radio, news).

Not saying you are wrong....just saying your "epiphany" is the easiest philosophy to gather without doing much serious "inner reflection on your own terms"

Just sit back, absorb it from every media outlet and accept the pumping data as they push you with all their might to trust it is true.

No offense, but a little reading of Socrates-to-Nietzsche would bring you quickly to the idea "that this is no new way of thinking".

Yeh, you can go and call your thoughts here "ground breaking" or "new", but in all truth its older then anything you own or care to visit.

Lastly, I don't think the world needs a new religion right now. Specially one invented from looking in to a pool of water. Never mind the issue of "this being old hat".

I applaud your delving into reality in search of the truth. But I have to say, I'm not too impressed that you feel enlightened in finding "the most forced way of thinking in today's society".

Its sorta like saying "I have a great new idea for media and I think it may revolutionize it as we know it! My new idea is to lace it with sex, violence, stupidity and high drama!"

We would all roll our eyes and say "dude...that's what media IS NOW!"

Your thoughts of an amazing new outlook on the universe can be found in many previous forms.

I for one am not looking for a "new religion" created by someone who has not studied the standing ones around him. It just leaves too much room for "said religion" to stray down the familiar paths of error that others have gone.

Like I said...read some Nietzsche...see how you just unwittingly stole his entire career and point. Then see that you are not onto anything new.

From there, decide if you accept that sorta crap.

Peace. Sorry if this sounded unimpressed or rude.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Well good luck with this, but remember:

People who want to share their religious views with you, almost never want you to share yours with them.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
This has been the best and the worst of times making history with our words.
I believe its been worth the poetry and prose from my house of legacy to yours.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Hmm oh well. live and learn i gusse.

2nd line

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
How do we prove that all is just by chance or just by luck?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

How do we not ?

I find that question rather more intriguing.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by EdCase512

It is Not, that I disagree with the element of chance, but I am interested in your thoughts.

If we start with Nothing... What do you think the "first" (chance) was??? That was the First in the chain of events that gives us what you experience if by chance.???

Think about what Nothing really is...

Think about this.... That Nothing may have always been, but this "Nothing" is in fact Something isn't it ??? In a very, very strange sort of way... LOL.

So if these are Opposites that exist together as one, is there a third component to this phenomena, and if so is this a key to the sequence of events that took place???

So we need something to bring about Action...

What was this component???

For without motivation and action, we have no further developments.

Even developments by chance require something to cause movement within a path of events or nothing happens !

So what do you think is the missing component that causes all to happen by chance.

Do we find the beginning in this universe, or did it happen before the manifestation of what we call our universe today???

No I am Not suggesting a god after the imagination and mythological understanding of humankind!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

In reply. To actively seek proof of chance and randomness is as wise as carrying water in a sieve.
The lack of proof for any theory leaves random chance as its conclusion.

In other words :
We seek to replace the nagging doubt it was blind, random chance we exist, with "proof" that we matter.
(On the grand, not everyday to each other and ourself, scale)

To finish "showing" my thoughts. I matter to me, to some others. But in the overall "landscape" of existence I accept that I,you,us all don't amount to a hill of beans. I'm comfortable with that.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by EdCase512

By Not seeking the answers to the beginning of our root.

Does this not leave us in ignorance of ourselves and vulnerable ???

"Ignorance is bliss" so it is often suggested.

But not without its consequences!

What we know allows us to be.

But what we don't know kills us.

Some, or little knowledge is a very dangerous thing.

It is only by knowledge, that we remain.

It is a bit like dropping a person, whether male or female, in say the middle of jungle, completely alone and as you know, in most cases they die within a few days, due to the lack of knowledge of themselves and their environment.

On the other hand, if that person was pre informed and had survival knowledge, they may be able to survive ?

If we are destroying our environment, as we are told, it is because of our ignorance, both of ourselves and our environment.

Perhaps by finding our root, we may be able to understand what we are and our environment (universe experience).

This could lead to freedom to explore our universe and ourselves ???

What I am suggesting is, that our universe, may or may not be, all there is to our real identity?

Many assume there is nothing else, because of ignorance i.e. not aware of anything else, because of lack of knowledge about themselves.

Just because we are lacking knowledge, does not necessarily provide understanding

top topics

join