It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Would You Do If You Were In Charge?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I'm going to start with a logical hypothetical based on what we know from the 1918 Pandemic and what the current strain of H1N1 could well mutate into over the next few months or years.

- The H1N1 Flu has mutated into a form that is highly contagious and can be transmitted through the air. It can be spread by simply sharing the same airspace as others.

- The mortality rate has risen to 10% overall and is much higher in people under 40 who seem to have less natural immunity. The mortality rate among that age group is actually nearer to 20% giving a one in five chance of dying if in that age group.

- The public has been well informed and the majority are voluntarily staying in their homes and most businesses are also cooperating as would be expected.

- It is known that the Flu is spreading rapidly across the world killing thousands and the number is expected to reach millions if not contained.

- There has not been enough time to develop a safe vaccine due to the mutation and only questionable vaccines that may not work are available. Not enough doses are available even if it proves to work.

- Some who are infected and contagious are having mild symptoms due to natural immunity in particular those over 40. Some of these people due to their mild symptoms are refusing to stay at home and continue to spread the Flu to others by going out into public places and are causing unnecessary deaths.

- Some small businesses who are teetering on the edge financially are refusing to close to save themselves.

- The symptoms come on so fast that often people are already on planes, buses, trains or in public places when the symptoms start and they become contagious.

- The public has been informed and given a mandatory order to stay at home or in a medical facility, but still many refuse to contain themselves and not all businesses are complying.

All of the above are facts and are happening right now. You are the one who has to make the final decision how to deal with those who refuse to comply voluntarily. You are out of time and you have to make the call right now.

What Would You Do If You Were In Charge?

No weaseling out of this. No changing the subject or ignoring what is going on
You have to make the call.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I WOULD TELL EVERYBODY RIGHT NOW, TODAY, START TAKING VITAMIN D3 CAPSULE 5000 IU'S FIVE THOUSAND IU'S 1X DAILY that is quite different than milograms. INFORM YOUR DR. OF WHAT YOU ARE DOING and ask for a blood test to check your Vitamin D levels if they are below 60/70 ng/ml YOU ARE DEFICIENT IN VITAMIN D. IN Canada they are considering recomending this. This will BOOST YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM TO HEALTHY!!!!! DO NOT TAKE AN UNTESTED VACCINE THAT CONTAINS ANY LIVE VIRUS, MERCURY OR SQUALINE as THE H1N1 VACCINE DOES!!!!

Dont forget it was a VACCINE that killed thousands of people in 1918!!!!!
It was a VACCINE that KILLED and MAMED thousand's in 1976!!!!

[edit on 29-8-2009 by ninammam]

Sorry about all the edits i am new at posting here.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
If i were in charge, id fix the education system first by doing the following:

Start at age 4 as usual, but start in a nature enviroment. strictly learning about life, and where we live. this ensures the children get the real picture of reality, not the man made one. this also includes learning about human history, in a manner that they will be able to see the big picture.

from age 6 to and up we will be learning their language, how to write and the history of it.

you might say we are all ready doing that and some are not learning. well, the first step in theory promotes matureness. with that, comes the urge to learn.

we must realize most societies are relatively sick when it comes to certin aspects of a healthy society. money bruises all of these no matter what. it limits humans abilities to work together in a very large way.

then we move on to aboloshing fast food. start large community gardens, free for all. in all communities, there are thoes who love to garden/farm. this will give them that huge opportunity to make a positive big difference, if they so wish.

over all plan is to get everyone back in touch with their communities, something the powers that be destroyed due to the structure of our cities. as a community all are strong. as we are now, well, all they have to do is cut out transportation to a super market and we are doomed. thats really sad.

thankfully people prepare, some are a bit skeptic, so when something big comes around they wont be in the forest, they will be here, and hopefully there instinct could benefit us all.

then down to money. after a 2 year period, hopefully we will be in position to kick that money bucket. habit. addiction. and truly live free, and without worry of no shelter or food on the table. only then will we progress, spiritually and physically.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ninammam

You side stepped the question. Or do you mean you would do nothing meaning far more would die due to your inaction?

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

All of the above are facts and are happening right now. You are the one who has to make the final decision how to deal with those who refuse to comply voluntarily. You are out of time and you have to make the call right now.

Nothing. I would just announce to the majority that they will have to make the decision whether they allow the minorities back in their home considering the risk the minorities are taking. This country is just too big and spread out to stop everybody.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

You sidestepped the question also. No time to prepare. It is happening right now. People are dying by the thousands and soon by the millions. You can either close your eyes and let many more people die than should or take action. You are in charge. What would you do?

[edit on 8/29/2009 by Blaine91555]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by ninammam

You side stepped the question. Or do you mean you would do nothing meaning far more would die due to your inaction?

I'm not sure that I believe necessarily that those are "facts".

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Interesting?

You have the power to save lives by simply and humanely limiting peoples activities for a few days or weeks and you would do nothing?

Which is worse? Restricting some peoples activities for a few days or the possible deaths of thousands or millions of extra people?

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by A Fortiori

You must not have read my post? I gave a hypothetical situation and question? It was very clear in fact.

Hypothetical, definition of:
–adjective
1. assumed by hypothesis; supposed: a hypothetical case.
2. of, pertaining to, involving, or characterized by hypothesis: hypothetical reasoning.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninammam

Dont forget it was a VACCINE that killed thousands of people in 1918!!!!!

The Flu killed between 50 and 100 million people. I don't see your point as my hypothetical has nothing whatsoever to do with a vaccine other than one of the hypothetical facts is that no real vaccine is available.

I wonder if anyone is actually reading the post?

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

lol

yeah well....

i quit.

P.S.

could i do that if i were president/primemisister?

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

I don't blame you. It would be horrible to have to be the one to make those decisions. It's easy to criticize all the decisions they make, but a whole other thing to make those decisions.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

You have the power to save lives by simply and humanely limiting peoples activities for a few days or weeks and you would do nothing?

your words below led me to assume that they were already told to limit their activities.

The public has been well informed and the majority are voluntarily staying in their homes and most businesses are also cooperating as would be expected.

The public has been informed and given a mandatory order to stay at home or in a medical facility, but still many refuse to contain themselves and not all businesses are complying.

Next, you gave me the impression that many already had the virus.

The symptoms come on so fast that often people are already on planes, buses, trains or in public places when the symptoms start and they become contagious.

Now, I didn't weasel out and I stick to my guns.

If these minorities aren't adhering to a mandate, then why should I risk people lives by going after them to get them confined. They have chosen their destiny. I rather save the majority. The only way to save the majority is to tell them to keep the sick ones(minorities) out of their house.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

But my fear is that it is rather leading with a follow up of: Well, that's what we're facing now

In this scenario am I world emperor? Or just an elected representative?

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

That is the kind of answer I was looking for.

I just want people to clear their minds and look at this rationally. Right now many of the posts are based on pure paranoia and fear without much rational thought involved.

Would I be wrong if I were to decide to confine these people for a few days to save other peoples lives?

Remember, most people are rational and most would understand why they need to stay at home. We are, as you pointed out only talking about people who know they are killing others and they won't stop out of whatever irrational logic they are using. These people would be sociopaths who do not care how many they kill.

In what way would they be any different than a person who walks into a shopping mall with a gun and opens fire?

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Ok. 1st off, we know that flu is a highly mutable virus, thus it is likely that some strains will prove more deadly than others. So, I would restrict international travel to essential reasons, which would be decided, upon individual application, by a court of law. The same with interregional in very large countries. This would slow down the spread of the worst strains.
We also know that flu is spread in the microscopic particulates expelled by breathing, so I would have basic breath filter masks made as widely available for free as possible. Wearing them in public would be mandatory during the "flu season". To achieve that, I'd start a monster ad campaign to stigmatise non-compliance & issue police with comprehensive breathing filters so that they could be confident to approach people day after day to make them put a mask on.
We dont know that the newly developed vaccines are safe, or if they even work, so the use of them should be voluntary, as, in fact, they may end up doing harm themselves, & even if they dont, they may just make the flu mutate more quickly.
Lastly, I would also prepare people for the very real possibility that a lot of them will die. I'm not sure how, but its been done before during wars, so its not impossible: "spirit of the blitz" & all that.
The real problem here is the confluence of financial collapse, the flu, & ongoing international tensions & war. I think it will be very difficult for governments to get people to peacefully comply with whatever they propose, because we all can see that the whole status quo is falling apart. Still, the usual kneejerk reaction to authoritarianism will likely make matters worse.
Then again, the financial crash also means that nobody is going to look for any solution other than the cheapest. Big Pharma has Govt's ear - pay us, we'll fix it quick. I expect that in fact we'll see mutating flu as a problem for so long, it'll be overtaken by financial collapse as the perceived main threat as crime becomes rampant.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Picky, picky

OK, you are the Health Czar appointed by Obama to make these decisions and deal with people who are causing deaths with their refusal to stay home or confined to a health facility.

...or, a similar person with similar authority in another country of your choice.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunken Drum
by a court of law.

Good answer
and a reasonable one.

I in particular like the fact you left the final decision up to a court based on each situation. Of course we would need to come up with an emergency court that can rule immediately. The normal court system would be of little use when hours can mean more deaths.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Picky, picky

OK, you are the Health Czar appointed by Obama to make these decisions and deal with people who are causing deaths with their refusal to stay home or confined to a health facility.

...or, a similar person with similar authority in another country of your choice.

If these were the facts I would quarantine them to their home with the ability for them to have a food supply (drop box?), and put an RFID bracelet on them. Refusal to abide the terms would then require a penalty of some kind, I imagine.

Sanatoriums were gruesome and did not allow for the uplifting of the human spirit which seems to be a required element of wellness, therefore a "happy camp" is out of the question if I'm czar.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

?? You asked a question and i gave my answer as to what i would do if in charge. Make sure everyones immune health is in check!!!! There will be deaths no matter what but this would at least give everyone a fighting chance. And as far as a Vaccine you are right, there is not one that is SAFE!!!

If you really want to know i would get some NEW BLOOD IN OUR GOVERNMENT AND CHANGE A LOT OF THINGS STARTING WITH THE FDA, CDC, IRA, CIA, GET OUT OF THE UN, WHO ETC.!!!

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join