It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Standing Broom: Is It Paranormal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

There is something strange going on in a business in Prattville, Alabama. A broom is standing upright, all by itself. Christy Burdett was in the process of opening up her new consignment shop, Vintage Blu, in the town when her co-worker moved a shelf and noticed that the cheap, little broom in the middle of the floor was still standing. If you push the broom a little, it stays in place. If you knock it down, then you can put it right back where it was. It's not just the center of the store that keeps the broom on its bristles, there are two other locations as well. The store owner says there's "a holy spirit" in there. Paranormal teams have traveled to check out the balancing broom, and not to mention the droves of people who are coming by to see if it is true. If all goes according to the plan, Burdett says Vintage Blu will open next week, with the broom as the main attraction.

Source

Does anybody actually believe this?

I'm thinking it could come in handy if you have a bad back

[edit on 29-8-2009 by deadoralive]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I don't see anything paranormal about a balanced broom. A light handle and center of gravity in the bristles is all that's going on here.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidLight

My thoughts exactly

2nd

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidLight
A light handle and center of gravity in the bristles is all that's going on here.

That seems the most logical and scientifically plausible to me as well.

I concur.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Now, if it were to start sweeping the floor by itself, I might just have to go check it out. I remember balancing an egg when I was a kid. My dad told me you could only do it on the Vernal Equinox...I did it the day after...balancing 'stuff' isn't all that exciting....but ghostly housecleaning would be awesome! For once, I'd like to hear about a poltergeist that cleans up it's own mess.

new topics

top topics

join