It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Nazca Lines" near Pine Gap, Northern Territory, Australia

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
I decided to try my "anomaly hunting skills", and this is what I found in a relatively small area.

The reddish areas are the six areas in which I divided that bigger area, the blue areas are areas with strange lines or marks in it, the "targets" show the places where I found spirals (with two oval and one elliptical spiral). The coordinates are: 23°46'5.08"S 133°53'19.40"E

(click image for full size)

For those with Google Earth, I suggest the download of this "kmz" file with all those features.

Edit: This area includes the areas 2, 3 and 4 from the above post by zorgon.

[edit on 2/9/2009 by ArMaP]

Great work ArMaP this thread is really taking off now well done for your input .

Somamech ur valuable input is endless

Zorgon since this thread was thought to be debunked!! well never say never ,well done to you.

Ocker

:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Here's a site totally run and owned by Aboriginals in Alice Springs with no reference whatsoever to these spirals:

aboriginalart.com.au...

Right now I pose a few questions:

A: These spirals are very important and sacred to the Aboriginal people, hence why there is no reference anywhere to be found. (Highly possible)

B: All Spirals are based on un-used Air-Strips which required urgent action to stop soil erosion through the use of a John Deer Tractor

C Forget your tin foil hat.. I like laser reflectors these days LOL... The spirals are remnants of a 'recoil action' from some scientific device being fired into the earth's core/or outer-space from the Pine Gap underground research facility (highly possible too)

One interesting point of note that if you search Aboriginal Centres etc they always make mention of 'Concentric Circles'

Like I said I am only asking questions

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Well seeing us Aussies have been posting here. Are there any Convicts of the US/UK that want to take the Challenge and meet up at the Alice Springs airport for a weekend?

PM me if interested and note that I will only reply to people that Didn't degenerate this thread.

On the surface we can call it "Mission Spiral Field"

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Somamech
Here's a site totally run and owned by Aboriginals in Alice Springs with no reference whatsoever to these spirals:

Maybe we can make a phone call to these guys... seeing its in their back yard

Arid Zone Research Institute (AZRI)

Stuart Highway South, Alice Springs 0870
PO Box 8760, Alice Springs NT 0871
+61 8 8951 8111 (phone) +61 8 8951 8112 (fax)

Though looking at that road over the circle it seems they built their site on top of these things

[edit on 3-9-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I've just spent the last two hour's sending some feelers out explaining these spirals to someone that has some good Black Fella contacts from Gem Hunting (Garnet and Zircon) in the Harts Ranges where you can find a part of the JORN network.

Sadly this guy is in a similar state like John Lear with certain pain..

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Somamech

Oh.. Australian Garnets and Zircons... me want

Hope your friend is doing okay... it sucks getting older and falling apart. I had planned a digging trip a few years back to Oz... don't know if that will happen now...

JORN Ah yes that Australian HAARP run by your weapons division , I know it well. Now you KNOW I will have to go look for spirals over there

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

From reports you can dig Garnet out of the ground the size of basket balls in the Harts Ranges but they will crumble apart.. but! you can obtain many fault free pieces of stone to facet

Talking of faceting its funny how the 'Haarp' down here in the Harts Ranges looks like a Faceted stone

I mentioned the spirals to my mate and he was well intrigued but he is resting at the moment with zilch web access till next week. He mentioned that due to the restricted airspace up Alice way piss's off ultralight owners as they have to fly a ass about route which if something would go wrong they are mangled meat so to speak and can't glide down
(its bloody weird he even knows that being a mexican)

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
We have some more spirals to add to the Mystery:

North West of Pine Gap these Spirals can be found

23°45'38.19"S, 133°39'57.97"E

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Somamech you can obtain many fault free pieces of stone to facet

That be the ones I want
And a few sacks of 'specimen' opal
Fellow that taught me (Croatian) moved back to Sydney... I am sure he has passed by now as I can find no trace and he was on in years when I studied with him. Also lost touch with my last opal source

Those other spirals you spotted seem older, more worn down... Didn't find any near JORN

Nice night shot of the Gap...

Maybe you can contact this girl... seems she got inside

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

LMAO

I will leave the "Christians Against Terror" to their own devices..their "stunt" changed the laws a little which makes me wonder who was behind that

From what I have been told its pretty common knowledge up in Alice with the locals that if you *work* in the Gap you drive in and "go underground"

I wish it wasn't so far away so I could collect these anecdotal gems myself .. at least I know the gems are from someone I trust

The NW Spirals do indeed look much older. Its quite interesting that an Arid Zone Research Lab planted itself upon the main concentration of spirals... Now WHO are they protecting, Ancients or Technology ?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Somamech
The NW Spirals do indeed look much older. Its quite interesting that an Arid Zone Research Lab planted itself upon the main concentration of spirals... Now WHO are they protecting, Ancients or Technology ?

Well NASA also has a "Mars on Earth" Arid climate research center in another place famous for Geoglyphs

Atacama Desert, Chile...

In fact the area looks so MArs like one 'might' get the idea they filmed there

quest.nasa.gov...

Just add a little NASA RED...

he desert plateau stretches an area of more than 966 km (600 miles), and is the perfect setting for scientists wishing to replicate experiments mimicking the environments of Mars. Layers upon layers of rock-hard sediment line the area, without any detectable signs of life. Even extremophiles - organisms known for surviving tough conditions such as thermal vents and hot springs - are nowhere to be found. It is these harsh conditions that create the perfect setting for scientists to link the similarities between these two closely related terrains, and conduct experiments that may reveal what happened to life on Mars.

wiki-mars.discoverychannel.co.uk...:Life_on_Mars

But that is another thread

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
A little off-topic post just to ask this: Zorgon, do you have the Henbury meteorite craters in your "collection"?

They are some 130km southwest of that area.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Zorgon, do you have the Henbury meteorite craters in your "collection"?

No I have only a few space rocks... to expensive to buy these days and not easy to find though I am sure the Nevada desert is full of them...

I had three tiny ones hit my truck on a camping trip once ... three little pieces went through the outer layer and fused to the inner layer of the hood...

Why? You have some you want to get rid of?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I have not that luck, and if I had I would hold to them.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Well I will have to get you a piece of space rock then... maybe one from Meteor Crater, Arizona

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
It’s time to give this topic a little bump.
I never posted when the thread was active, I was more interested in looking at Pine Gap myself on GE.
Has anyone found out anything about the spiral anomalies? I tried doing all types of searches on the net and didn’t find anything about them.

My only guess as to what they are is that they could be the work of an ancient Australian aboriginal astronomer and these were his or her star charts.

At any rate I would love to know more and I’m also considering taking a trip there.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TheKingsVillian

Been quite on here as I had my head in a couple of books but.....

I got me some call credits today and will report back

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I too am very curious of the symbolism of the spirals. Here is some info I dug up.

As sourced by NL Thomas's book:

A single closely wound clockwise spiral means: The winter sun.

A single loosely wound anti-clockwide spiral means: The Summer sun.

A double interconnect spiral means: The equinox.

(I didn't see any description for the triple spiral)

Here is a GREAT site that shows and explains these symbols as used at Kerb 15 at Knowth:

www.mythicalireland.com...

So this creates more questions for me. If these are the meanings of the spirals, how is it that it was a common symbol used over many periods and many different civilizations, did everyone have the same meaning for them and how would that common knowledge come about?

Perhaps N.L. Thomas can answer these questions.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Triple spiral:

"Neolithic carvers were already utilizing the Triple-Spiral ("Spiral of Life") at Newgrange as early as 3,000 BCE."

"Spirals in the form of petroglyphs (rock carvings) have been found by archeologists at prehistoric sites, dating from at least 5,000 BCE, on every continent except Antarctica."

Spiral designs may be formed from single, double, triple or quadruple swirls. Typically they are joined to one another in either an "S" or a "C" shape format. An example is the triskele (or triskelion), a three-pronged spiral also known as the "Spiral of Life". During the early Christian monastic art period, the triskele was employed to represent the Holy Trinity - God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Source: www.visual-arts-cork.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
this is obviously the nests of the greater, two legs shorter than the other,yellowcakus wombatus,.---not to be confused with the nest of the
hoop snake,[although very similar].pretty unique and endangered!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join