It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Nazca Lines" near Pine Gap, Northern Territory, Australia

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

However if you look at the BIGGER PICTURE you can see them easily on all sides of the high ways...

Also just north west of the spirals there is what appears to be the remnants of an impact crater...

Here is a close up of the spirals. These ones appear to have survived as they look like they are on harder ground. There are others hat are vague traces when you enhance the images but this set is clear and easy to see

Questions..

1) What are they
2) Who made them
3) When were they made
4) Why is it hard to find information on these?
5) Does it have anything to do with Pine Gap"

If anyone can help me solve this puzzle I would appreciate it

[edit on 29-8-2009 by zorgon]

The concentric circles [they do not appear to be spirals] are similar to the Aboriginal symbol for "Campsite".

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Not Pine Gap but very much related, particularly to the Nazca lines:

Marree Man

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7c5e504439d3.jpg[/atsimg]

5 times the size of the Nazca lines

I have never seen this before, so thank you. Upon first glance, this figure looks an awful lot like Ra, the Egyptian Sun God. This would tie in with the other information posted about Egyptian artifacts being found in Oz.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridnapper

Then I suggest a second glance, starting here.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2
The concentric circles [they do not appear to be spirals] are similar to the Aboriginal symbol for "Campsite".

Thanks
but take a pencil and follow the lines

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Well they're definitely spirals and I can't fathom as to why they would be put there of all places to stop erosion........

In the meantime I've just found out about “Det 421”

www.alicespringsnews.com.au...

A fence designed in part to keep out vehicle bombs is being built to protect the seismic station run by the United States Air Force in Schwarz Crescent, opposite the RSL.
The facility, colloquially known as “Det 421”, records and measures the intensity of tremors caused by earthquakes and underground nuclear explosions in Australia and Asia.
The two meter high fence has massive RHS steel uprights, 200 mm by 200 mm by 5 mm wall thickness, concreted into the ground about 1.5 meters apart.
USAF Technical Sergeant Frank Kane says the fence is a “standard solution to protect US forces world wide. It will also serve to stop break-ins we’ve had in the last few years”.
Although Det 421 is officially called the Joint Australian US Geological & Geophysical Research Station, and is run in partnership with Geoscience in Canberra, the $120,000 for the new fence will be born entirely by the US.
Sgt Kane says the heavy fence will be only along the road. The land already has a two meter high mesh fence.

Also another Pine Gap source of interest which makes reference to DET421 as being a station to monitor natural and MAN MADE seismic activity. I don't agree with all the Author of this site says but its still WELL worth looking over none the less

Word of warning: its an archived site so be warned its sloooow

web.archive.org...://www.octa4.net.au/marlinw/

23°41'30.65"S, 133°53'1.93"E

Sorry for getting off the topic

Back to those lines

[edit on 31-8-2009 by Somamech]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gridnapper
I have never seen this before, so thank you. Upon first glance, this figure looks an awful lot like Ra, the Egyptian Sun God. This would tie in with the other information posted about Egyptian artifacts being found in Oz.

Yup it does if you think of it with the head facing the wand... looks like Thoth..

But the closeups show a native facing away from the wand

Latest google 29° 31′ 48″ S, 137° 27′ 55.8″ E can't see it anymore

Police end hunt for Maree Man creators.
201 words
5 August 1998
Adelaide Advertiser
PG 21
English
(c) 1998 Advertiser Newspapers Limited

POLICE have given up the hunt for the people who carved the giant Marree Man out of the South Australian Outback landscape.

Port Augusta-based Detective Senior Constable Barry Phillips said yesterday no criminal offence had yet been detected.

The 4km-long figure was discovered in June after apparently being etched with a plough into a plateau 60km from Marree, in the State's Far North.

"As far as we're concerned, we're not looking into it any more," Senior Constable Phillips said. "It's not really a criminal matter at this stage."

He said an investigation would be resumed if it could be shown someone had committed an offence.

Meanwhile, The Advertiser received another "press release" yesterday from the people believed to have created the figure.

Describing the figure as "Stuart's Giant", they said they wished to clarify that the figure was not a "warrior" and did not have an "aggressive stance". It was clearly a hunter with a throwing stick.

Marree Hotel publican Mr Peter McGuire said the figure was still attracting tourist flights, and had not been damaged by recent heavy rain.

Mark Steene.

(C) 1998 Advertiser Newspapers Limited.

bbs.keyhole.com...

Marree Man creator
By joe6966

Australian outback miracle In July 1998 an enormous drawing of an Aboriginal man, beautifullydrawn and proportioned, was discovered in the south Australian desert, near Lake Eyre, 400 miles north of Adelaide. Visible only from 3,000 feet above, it measures three miles long, and was discovered after businesses in the nearest town, Marree, received anonymous faxes telling them of its presence. The figure was drawn into the earth with a 20-footwide gouged line, which, from 3,000 feet, appears as a deep rust colour contrasting with the pale desert earth. The circumference of this linedrawing measures 10 miles. Ray Goss was the first person to see the image from a plane, and notes that it is impossible to recognize the shape from the ground. “It is a drawing of an Aboriginal person,” he said. “He’s holding something like a spear in his hand.” The mystery figure has produced much interest from the Australian and international media, and speculation about its creator is rife. While some people think it was a prank by the local community to attract tourists, others are suggesting it could only be the work of extra-terrestrials. (Source: The Guardian, UK) (Benjamin Creme’s Master confirms that this miracle was Maitreya's idea, Who enlisted the assistance of the Space Brothers to perform the task.)

bbs.keyhole.com...

[edit on 31-8-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by draknoir2

Thanks
but take a pencil and follow the lines

Put on my glasses and used the cursor instead [saves wear on the screen]... you are right, they are spirals. Still thinking they might be some sort of Aboriginal symbols.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2 Still thinking they might be some sort of Aboriginal symbols.

Yes that is my guess as well... There is no logical reason for the erosion circles at that one spot... If that was in Nevada I would already be digging
... Being right on the highway like that I doubt you would run into issues

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
It seems like this area is a busy place with Pine Gap, the Marree Man, and now this. One of the theories that I have heard about the Nazca Lines is that the ETs chose that location because of the amount of natural resouces in the area. Does anyone know what types of resources this area in the Northern Territory has?

Also, I have a question about the theory that these formations in the OP are circular irrigation. If they were once used for irrigation, why are in the shape of a spiral. It doesn't seem very logical to irrigate crops in one direction from the center out. All modern circular irrigation systems move in a circle, hence the name. Just my .02 amero.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Seems Australia is the "Land of GeoScribblers" (Copyright name
Just made it up )

-32° 13' 0.25", +125° 21' 32.63"

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

We call them Indigenous Australians not natives, and its not a wand, stop put your interpreation of something onto someone else expression. FIND OUT what they are expressing....
Zazz shakes her head. sigh~

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
We call them Indigenous Australians not natives, and its not a wand,

Thanks for the 'official' term... I used 'natives' because the last time I used Aboriginals someone chewed me out as that being an insult now...

Wand, stick, boomering ,throwing thingy, in any case its 'graffitti' according to the South Australian chief of Aboriginal affairs and "environmental vandalism"
by Dorothy Kotz, Environment minister.

So its OKAY for the 'Indigenous Australians' to scrawl all over the rocks and we call it ancient art, but when a 'Transplanted Australian' does it it's "environmental vandalism"...

:shk:

Or are ya all just miffed because it's 'rumored' it was an American marking our turf

Sir Merriam Webster say...

Main Entry: in·dig·e·nous
Pronunciation: \in-ˈdi-jə-nəs\
Function: adjective
# Etymology: Late Latin indigenus, from Latin indigena, noun, native, from Old Latin

[edit on 31-8-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
reply to post by zorgon

We call them Indigenous Australians not natives, and its not a wand, stop put your interpreation of something onto someone else expression. FIND OUT what they are expressing....
Zazz shakes her head. sigh~

What !! the Aboriginals are native to Australia so they are natives.
yes and also Indigenous.
When was the last time you said to one Hello indigenous Australian.

Well most Australians call them Aboriginals, Murrays ,Koories, Abos , and Black fellas.

And I have met many Aboriginals over years of travels and also have many as friends .

You may call them Indigenous Australians But you should not generalize the word WE saying all Australians do .

I dont think Zorgon was out of line with his comment

Thanks

Ocker

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ocker

yes, but we white fellas don't call them "natives" nor do they

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

You only have have been born in a place to be native of that place. Aboriginal means in the main, "there from the beginning" it's semantics really. If you were born there, then you are a native but you are also from there from your beginning. Aboriginal is an accomodational word mostly used where there are racial characteristics in common. There is nothing written in stone, or spirals, or spirals with a circle in the middle,
as to what "from the beginning" is.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Thank you all for describing the meaning of native to me. I would have been lost without it.

All I am highlighting is that Indigineous Australians prefer to not be referred to as "natives".

Anyway, this thread is redundant...sorry zorgs, but there are no Nazca lines near pine gap.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Whatever those spirals may be, that area is completely flat, as you can see below.

(click for full size)

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Hi ArMap, now you have got me going, (stars for the pic BTW) The Sun is off to the left in the pic and should be either Westerly or Easterly. The Google pictures from Zorg might be in normal orientation.
I thought first off that the pictures showed what could be a bombing range that was never used, now i'm thinking more of a plantation of grapes, bananas or pineapples ?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Definitely not grapes, pineapples etc.

IF it is some sort of planted area it is most probably salt hardy plants which I alluded to earlier in the thread. They're used to assist with the salinity problem that is present in the area.

The lines making up the spiral is from the furrows dug for planting.

I will admit though, it is unusual to do it in a spiral, normally they would either do a random patern or in rows.

[edit on 31/8/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
www.stolspeed.com/coober-pedy-trip

'Marree Man', a large artwork with a mysterious history, 'drawn' with a tractor and plow by unkown persons in 1998. See www.ga.gov.au...
Now an article in the Weekend Australian, July 12-13 2008, by Mark Whittaker, may have the answer! In that article Whittaker discovers contacts in Alice Springs and South Australia who knew a wild artist by the name of Bardius Goldberg, who had drawn an identical figure in the sand many years ago,and expressed a wish to create a drawing that could be seen from space. The article goes on with lots of fine detail about funding received, and even free diesel and the loan of a GPS provided. It turns out that Goldberg had also bought a property on Kangaroo Island with the intention of planting eucalyptus trees in the shape of a giant kangaroo. Sure sounds like a pattern..... Unfortunately, in 2002 Goldberg got into a pub fight that dislodged a tooth, and he died of septicaemia as a result..... There's enough detail in that article to convince me that Bardius was the one who made his mark on the Earth, well done!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join