It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Nazca Lines" near Pine Gap, Northern Territory, Australia

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
To me, Friend,

They look very much like old, discontinued central pivot sprinkling systems.

However, the concentric circles are too many and too close together for that, imho.

Yet, their size and placement near each other also looks like that.

Quite puzzling. Please U2U me if you ever get a definitive answer.

Blessings,

That's what I was thinking.....

But they're spirals, not concentric circles.

Also, I can't see them setting up sprinkler systems in those locations.

I've been doing some reading on desert / watercourse reclamation (riveting stuff). I think Chadwickus might be right, but I can't find an exact match to the spirals.

Then again, Wycliffe's "only" 400k's from there, so it could be a UFO landing ground

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Ok sorry to jump the gun as i have not read the entire thread yet, but i believe I have nailed this one. It looks like the remnants of circular irrigation...see photo

[img]http://photography.nationalgeographic.com/staticfiles/NGS/Shared/StaticFiles/Photography/Images/POD/i/irrigated-fields-kendrick-731194-sw.jpg[/im g]

[edit on 30-8-2009 by Griffo515]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

I agree the reason why they were created is more interesting then who at this point. it is easier to answer why sometimes then who.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grayelf2009
Looked like a intresting topic reading the headline. But then I see who the OP is. So is this another of your trick post or is this a real discussion about what the topic post indicates ?
I will read on now with a defenseive stature.

Coh, he makes one funny thread and it's the end of the world for ATS !!!

Zorgon, tell them you were posessed or something..

And stop crying wolf, it's upsetting the sheep !!
)

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I suggest the straight lines next to the road are the remains of WWII landing strips. There were hundreds of temporary landing strips along the roads all over northern Australia. In the desert they won't disappear. And of course there is lots of traffic of road construction equipment parking and testing, again the tracks will be there for hundreds of years.

I'm not sure about the spirals, but they do look like irrigation plots to me. Even though the overhead centre pivot irrigation heads would operate in a circle, the vegetation rows would be in a spiral to provide access to the inner rows right to the centre. [but the photo pointed to by griffo515 above doesn't bear me out - maybe there are two ways to organize it?]

The spiral is, of course, sacred to Abriginal Australians, just as it (or the labyrinth) is to most cultures around the world, and its meaning is identical too. But I can't find any evidence that they built huge spirals and I think that setting them up in clusters like this would be counter intuitive.

[edit on 30/8/2009 by rnaa]

[edit on 30/8/2009 by rnaa]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aree Laxyn
Thank you Z for posting these fine photos
Very fascinating and i´m gonna keep an eye out from now on for this.

But i have 1 q ? Zorgon ?? are you John Lear ? just had a hunch about that?

If it is, Z sure has mastered the ability of keeping the crazy toned down.

JL had no such ability nor compulsion to find one.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

its probably the military...maybe an early version of this:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e93cef1b3de5.jpg[/atsimg]

Number three on Time Magazine’s Top 10 Google Earth Finds, is a “UFO landing pad” at a US-Army base near Thetford Forest in the UK, which Time has titled UFO Landing Pads, Maybe? Here’s what Time has to say about it:

“Here’s a true Google Earth mystery. These odd formations can be found on air bases in the U.S. and Britain — this one comes from a base outside of Norwich, England. The U.K. Ministry of Defense called it a motorcycle range, but other speculate it may be some sort of calibration tool for satellites. No one really knows — and the military isn’t saying anything
link

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Noticed these lines right above the circles. Wonder if they have any relation to the circles?

Also above that there are some very faint circles.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
The circles you see have been put in place on top of an old airstrip. They are made with a tractor, ploughed into the ground to trap water, helps stop erosion.. sorry to dismantle your thread.

I live in Alice Springs.

The Spiral rock carvings where used by the Aboriginal people to indicate there is a water hole close by.

Hope this clears things up for you all..

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

After exploring Giant of Atacama on Google Earth I noticed that the whole area is covered with lines like a grid pattern.Have a look here :
20° 0'24.42"S 69°39'22.20"W
Anybody has an ideea what they could be?
Nairda

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by smashenator

Without double-checking the facts this sounds like the most likely conclusion. When I read your explanation about the spirals it twigged a memory in me of my grandfather having told me something similar when I was a kid.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I'm surprised PHAGE hasn't made an appearance in this thread and made one of his customary godlike "pronouncements" and given us a definite answer, enlightening us all and thereby ending ALL further discussion !

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

your last picture, on the first page of this thread.. thats a picture of a bunker.. they have those exact bunkers here where im at..

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by smashenator
The circles you see have been put in place on top of an old airstrip. They are made with a tractor, ploughed into the ground to trap water, helps stop erosion.. sorry to dismantle your thread.

I live in Alice Springs.

The Spiral rock carvings where used by the Aboriginal people to indicate there is a water hole close by.

Hope this clears things up for you all.

I think smashenator, Chadwickus, Sam60, and BO XIAN (and somebody else - sorry - I forgot who) are spot on!

Whiteone's photo - thank you Whiteone
- sealed it for me.

The circled area (red) indicates a dam (or pond in the US) that are to be found on virtually every farm in Australia. In this photo, the dam has dried up, but you can see the greenery around the circumference of the dam.

So, adding two and two together, this time it probably does equal four!
It's an old dried irrigation system adjacent to it's water supply - the old dam.

So Sam60 - you were right mate: all that was missing was the water supply to make the conclusion. And here it is

[edit on 30-8-2009 by mckyle]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
By the way, for anyone waiting on Des's reply: still no nothing in my inbox.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ocker

Hey Ocker

Yes, the Nazca spaceman does share some similarities with the Aboriginal figures. I found it interesting that they both display boots! Strange, as the Aborigines wore little or no footwear whatsoever! Yet, they could conceptualise an item of clothing that they most likely had never seen before!

Very interesting.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Very interesting thread here.

Before coming up with all kind of theories, one should ask:

1) What does the Spiral symbol mean? Where does it stand for?

Spirals are ancient symbols of the goddess, of creation (the womb/ fertility / feminine / serpent force), continual changes of the Universe (astronomical).

2) How old are some of these Spiral symbols left in stone?

The oldest Spirals are (pre?) Stone Age. Mind you that the 'Stone Age' in Europe is way different compared to other regions / parts in the world.

The Paleolithic (Early Stone Age) started 2,6 Million years ago and ended approx. 8000 BC.

Hello??? Plus 2 million years ago?

Homo erectus: approx. 1,9 million till 500.000 years old
Homo habilis: lived approx. 2,2 million till 1,5 mill. years ago
Australopithecus (more 'ape-like' then human): lived approx. 4,3 en 2 mill. years ago

3) Next Q: who made them?

4) WHY?

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
About all I can add and weather it be true or not who knows but anywho, my understanding of the Nasca Lines is they are directional locators for the different species of life.

If there is any connection I don't know but from what I have heard about the Door in Area 51 and Pine Gap I might tend to think there is/might be a connection.

Interesting to say the least.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Hi! They look like stove top burners. Are they scortch marks? Has any any one stood next to them? The photographs are difficult to determine what we are looking at. There might have been something that landed there and parked. Also, wasn't there a similar crop circle set like that trying to illustrate a ploar reversal this summer. At crop circle archives.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
As "BoXian" (and several others) have stated and "smashenator" confirmed, these look to be old, dried up irrigation (huge circular sprinklers) tracks.

Anyone who has flown into Roswell, New Mexico will recognize these patterns. Heck, anyone who has flown over the western USA will recognize these...

It is weird when they dry up and are no longer in use as it does make them look ancient.

Springer...

[edit on 8-30-2009 by Springer]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join