It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Nazca Lines" near Pine Gap, Northern Territory, Australia

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by stanislas

Great find Stan

My apologies for not replying sooner as I accidentally deleted all my subscribed threads which sucks beyond belief

I have not emailed the AZRI yet as I had a wild and woolly weekend on the out skirts of Bendigo Vic helping with wood collection and an early morning train ride along with work requirements on my way home back in Melbs

Still recovering mate

I still don't get why the spirals are counter clockwise ?

I wish all those people that bashed this thread would offer some solutions to the orientation of the spirals even though we have found some evidence

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
maybe...when some alien craft lifted on and off the earth, the electro-gravitic wave resonance pulsed at such a fequency, that it sterilized the ground of plant growth in concentric circles. my 2 cents

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Somamech

Great find Stan

My apologies for not replying sooner as I accidentally deleted all my subscribed threads which sucks beyond belief

I have not emailed the AZRI yet as I had a wild and woolly weekend on the out skirts of Bendigo Vic helping with wood collection and an early morning train ride along with work requirements on my way home back in Melbs

Still recovering mate

I wish all those people that bashed this thread would offer some solutions to the orientation of the spirals even though we have found some evidence

No worries mate and thanks for your response
, still planning the trip, have organised tickets for end of month. I have contacted someone at ACUFOS in Alice Springs who told me the spirals are spinifex grass planted in the 60's. Anyway I will be paying them a visit.

If we are to consider the vegetation theory then maybe the anti-clockwise spirals have something to do with the Coriolis effect? Water flow?

Meanwhile still looking.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Those are not concentric circles, they are spirals.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanislas

Great find Stan

Still recovering mate

No worries mate and thanks for your response
, still planning the trip, have organised tickets for end of month. I have contacted someone at ACUFOS in Alice Springs who told me the spirals are spinifex grass planted in the 60's. Anyway I will be paying them a visit.

If we are to consider the vegetation theory then maybe the anti-clockwise spirals have something to do with the Coriolis effect? Water flow?

Meanwhile still looking.

Cool mate keep me updated through PM/u2u

I thought those public UFO groups were infiltrated by the CIA

Rex Gilroy can spot ASIO from a mile away

Regarding the spirals I am still quite interested in them even though they are direct seeding but its sorta odd that they use spirals and the only ground pic I have is to do with the Black Fella's.. and that's getting onto the Ancients who predate a LOT of living cultures

It could nothing and it could be Something but its sure odd that direct seeding was chosen in spirals, I can see merit in it but at the same time where did the idea come from?

Anyway seeing we may get some people interested in downunder research into Black programs what do you make of this video ?

au.tv.yahoo.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Somamech

Spirals seem to be important symbols for many reasons.

Why do mathematical functions that invoke the constant phi create spirals?

Why did they design a spiral power feed for the big sister dish at Arecibo?

Why are spirals very important and sacred to the Aboriginal people?

Why did the ancient neolithic priests near "Dublin" carve spirals into kerb stones to symbolize the sun?

Why did Van gogh paint spiral stars just before his ear was sliced off by Gauguin?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by fromunclexcommunicate

Well we have a lot of Why's which need answering

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Somamech

Rex Gilroy can spot ASIO from a mile away

Well hopefully I will be able to as well...gulp

It could nothing and it could be Something but its sure odd that direct seeding was chosen in spirals, I can see merit in it but at the same time where did the idea come from?

Thats what I want to know as well. Find out a little more about spirals in Arrente culture & history and then if I can I want to find out who started this and why they used spirals.

The Pitjantjatjara council and Landcare seems to be involved so they are the ones I will be checking out first.

The Pitjantjatjara Council is an organisation of all Ngaanyatjarra, Pitjantjatjara and Yankunytjatjara people and their communities and outstations in Western Australia, South Australia and the Northern Territory, covering an area of around 350,000 square kilometres.'

This could mean that the Spirals in SA are from the same group of people that did the spirals in Alice Springs or perhaps based on the same idea's?

Anyway seeing we may get some people interested in downunder research into Black programs what do you make of this video ?

I saw this and didnt know what to make of it, the top end becoming a hot spot? I grew up there and saw several ufo's. To me its always been one. Tourism techniques bother me but at the same time gives more coverage to sites like this one and that could be a good thing? That Darwin guy reminded me of what I must sound like when I talk..lol.

Then again a sceptic side of me that has made me look deeper is that I met a person from Bees Creek that had hoaxed ufo's on more than one occasion. The guy was typical of the area, lived in an old caravan out bush and had too much time on his hands. He even invented a gun that would shoot beer cans. He had a pet brown snake living freely with him for crying out loud.

Anyway I will update the thread and keep you posted when I get there.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Well one story is that they're spiral Buffle Grass plantings done in the 60's or 70's to prevent dust which was making it difficult for aircraft to land at Alice Springs airport.

Buffle Grass eh?
We can add that to 'swamp gas' and 'weather balloons'

He mistyped it. He meant buffalo grass. Australian Buffalo grass is essentially the same stuff as American Bermuda grass - just a different common name.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by rnaa

Originally posted by zorgon

Well one story is that they're spiral Buffle Grass plantings done in the 60's or 70's to prevent dust which was making it difficult for aircraft to land at Alice Springs airport.

Buffle Grass eh?
We can add that to 'swamp gas' and 'weather balloons'

He mistyped it. He meant buffalo grass. Australian Buffalo grass is essentially the same stuff as American Bermuda grass - just a different common name.

Actually I typed as told to me the by staff at the arid zone research lab

Buffle

Buffel Grass
(Cenchrus ciliaris)

www.tropicalgrasslands.asn.au...

Thanks for bumping though as its reminded me I have send on a radio interview

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Actually I typed as told to me the by staff at the arid zone research lab

Buffle

Buffel Grass
(Cenchrus ciliaris)

www.tropicalgrasslands.asn.au...

OK. Learn something new everyday. That's my motto. Never heard of Buffel Grass before.

And I got it wrong anyway, Buffalo ain't the same as Bermuda. Couch is the same as Bermuda.

I think I'm having a bad hair day this week.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Peru's ancestors were smart people, strong, determined and above all really believed in themselves and their gods.

If you go to colca you will see a a carved stone that if you poor water on it, will tell you how the route of the water goes in rainy weather on crops below...
This shows that the ancient Peruvians knew much about distribution and especially to see things from above to understand better how things work.

They made these lines in offering to their gods that's why they can only be seen from above.

Next time you are on peru vacations you will understand this.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Found this theory in another thread:

The spirals were to do with the suns shadow cast on the ground from two upright posts, through the coarse of a year. The spirals would turn one way and then the other, until there was a doulble-helix shape. The ancients would plot the path of the shdow in the sand.
Its strange, this double spiral would take 9 months to complete, the same time as human gestation.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ALSO:

Originally posted by DaddyBare
reply to post by KRISKALI777

... all of Choco Canyon's buildings are laid out along Lunar and solar alignments...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3bf20ae26e1a.jpg[/atsimg] Moon in a window within the great Kiva
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/32ad8bf472c4.jpg[/atsimg] Noon sun over the sun dagger... it's gone now BTW landslide claimed it
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9293eb457d22.jpg[/atsimg] what it looked like like when it was still working

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I recently spent a few days in Alice and tried to find out as much as I could. It was very frustrating to say the least. No view from the plane flying in or out from Alice Springs. Everything is fenced up and so flat. I tried to visit several sites mentioned and it was a complete failure. I tried using a back road getting to the spirals near the race track and the airport, took some photos then realised later that I was slightly in the wrong location and pointing the camera in the wrong direction. I did however do regular 360's with the bino's.

Not a trace, now that I am back and re looking at GE I can understand why no one else knows about this. in Alice.

Museum

I went to visit a popular museum and arrive 1/2 hour early. I met two elderly Pitjantjatjara artists that came to see their paintings for sale. I asked about spirals and they could not understand. For them circles within circles had definite meanings such as small community or camp.
I did notice some paintings with spirals but they were all contemporary. It seems that in central Australian "creation time (dreamtime)" does not include this symbol. Of all the contemporary paintings I saw of spirals only one really got my attention because the spirals were anti-clockwise. The description of the painting was "dusty dry wind".

Off topic, I did see some great paintings of the story of the seven sisters

Anyway the next part was the aviation museum, I left the beautiful artistic elderly woman to then check out the history of Alice Springs Aviation history. As soon as I walked in to the first hanger, an old chap in park uniform see's me and hastily walks into his back office and reads the paper. I started checking out the museum.. old planes, motors..comms tech equipment etc.. and after half an hour decided I will just go in and ask him some questions.
I did, and he was a little startled.
I asked him if he knew of any planting to prevent dust at the old airstrips from the 60's and he said he had never heard of this. He directed me to the fella at hanger 2 but I waited for almost an hour and no one was there. So no good news for now.

The problem I noticed the most was that I did not know anyone anymore... people dont hang around too much in the NT. They come usually for a reason...stay a year or two or five and then move on. Maybe another factor to the reason locals have no idea of these spirals. Sad really.

Anyway I got another possible lead on the spiral planting so will update the thread if I find anything interesting. Otherwise it may just be nazca lines of oz.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Fascinating thread, Zorgon. Many thanks for it and I wish I'd happened on it sooner.

Just to comment on a query by a member:

Originally posted by stanislas

The Pitjantjatjara Council is an organisation of all Ngaanyatjarra, Pitjantjatjara and Yankunytjatjara people and their communities and outstations in Western Australia, South Australia and the Northern Territory, covering an area of around 350,000 square kilometres.'

This could mean that the Spirals in SA are from the same group of people that did the spirals in Alice Springs or perhaps based on the same idea's?

It could, yes. The Pitjantjatjara's lands are largely in NW South Australia but people moved around a fair bit and there may have been some cross influences.

These spirals puzzle me because they are untypical of Aboriginal Dreaming imagery -- in that region, anyway. (By the way, in spite of the fact that officially the term is now "Indigenous", none of my Aboriginal friends ever had a problem with being called Aboriginal.
) There are similar placements of concentric circles in some Aboriginal Dreaming art, such as in some Women's Dreaming (like those of Nanyuma Napangardi) and maybe even Tingari Cycle art, but they are always circles and never spirals as far as I know.

If they were circles I'd say they were more likely for women's ceremonial use but as they're not I just don't know.

They are also strikingly reminiscent of Sarrita King's "Earth Cycles" paintings, even though they're a different Dreaming.

If anyone would like to check out some examples of Aboriginal Art by traditional artists then you can view a good selection at the Aboriginal Art Store.

Btw starred your latest post Stanislas. Nice work!

Zorgon, apropos of odd things in the outback, what do you make of this place I found on GE? Just seems oddly placed and marked out:

-23° 31' 24.41", +133° 40' 48.13"

Mike

[edit on 23/10/09 by JustMike]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Thanks JustMike and the others for stars

Here are some of the photos I took, you can see how harsh this land is.

Oposite Pine Gap / Airport photo pointing towards aiport
[[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f953fe2d10c6.jpg[/atsimg]
Between race track and airport looking at airport side.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b59dfde0fd5d.jpg[/atsimg]
Todd River, flows once or twice a year.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e210a5f1879e.jpg[/atsimg]I meat a friend
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2ccb3be06a96.jpg[/atsimg] The road you dont want to take.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/845d24bcc031.jpg[/atsimg] A view from Anzac hill
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dbbf58dc0b37.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/297a78a120a2.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b11bc99c297c.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/657ee95a9f62.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/72ec5415aba8.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ea22de120d8c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
These pics are 1024 px, anyone tell me how to display scroll bars please?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Nice work!

Post the images with [img] tags instead of the [atsimg] tags, that way images wider than 600 pixels will have the scroll-bar added.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thanks ArMaP. I can no longer edit the post but I will remember next time

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Terrific pics, stan! Many thanks for posting them. Really appreciate them. They take me back a lot of years. It's harsh country in the outback but very beautiful, too. And OMG the stars at night in the outback are a sight to behold! No lightwash from big cities... Really something!

Used to see all sorts of interesting lights in the sky out in the country. Most were just aeroplanes or lower-orbit satellites, but some were a bit harder to explain...

Members can see the entire pics just by right-clicking on them and selecting "view image", so it's not a big problem if there's no horizontal scroll on them in a case like this.

Cheers, mate,

Mike

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join