It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truth would destroy U.S. economic system, Fed warns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
What's next? "We had to destroy the village in order to save it?"

What's left to say? "Baby take my hand, we can be like them, we'll be able to fly...don't fear the reaper."

“Truth would destroy U.S. economic system, Fed warns…

The U.S. Federal Reserve asked a federal judge not to enforce her order that it reveal the names of the banks that have participated in its emergency lending programs and the sums they received, saying such disclosure would threaten the companies and the economy…

Full text:
www.financialsense.com...

[edit on 8/29/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
You know, I'm seriously getting tired of hearing "The Economy will Collapse if __________!"

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by cnichols

My opinion is the following: the intention is to create a kind of "two-tiered" economy where at one level, a tiny, tiny number of people and institutions get basically unlimited wealth on demand and would (in therory) be able to boost their already enormolus holdings an order of magnitude or more to literaly unimaginable levels of wealth.

Meanwhile, despite the massive credit creation, the plan would call for inflation to be kept minimal through lowering wages and rasing taxes on the middle/working class, keeping the "average american" in a state of debt and near-poverty, constantly on edge and fearing the loss of his job and equity every day. They will also try to keep the massive injections being pumped into financial institutuons from "leaking" into the "real economy" by refusing to lend to individuals and small buisinesses, etc.

It won't work for three reasons.

A) The money will leak in to the real economy eventually, sooner probably rather than later, because thats just what happens when there is massive credit creation.

B) So much US debt is held by foreginers and there is so much interconnection that most large banks, companies, and even the US govt itself can't function without foreign borrowing. Savvy foreigner investors, central banks, and soveriegn wealth funds, etc. have already been badly burned and have much less trust in the US system than they used to. They will thus will be a lot less hesitant to put their foot down on rampant credit creation if they they think it will damage their holdings, or they will simply stop buying US bonds and currency (already happening). The US has handed them leverage and they will increasingly use it.

C) If inequality gets bad enough, people simply won't stand for it and you will see tax revolts, either violent or simply people refusing to pay. You could see real civil disorder and poplist backlash if the difference in wealth grows large and conspicuious enough. A lesson seemingly forgotten again and again by elites of every stripe throughout history.

[edit on 8/29/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by cnichols

TPTB have an agenda, this is just part of it, they have other scary

things planned for us...imo

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

David Rockefeller: Memoirs 2002
Founder of the CFR:
“We wield over American political and economical institutions. Some even believe we are part of a secret
cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as
‘internationalists’ and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political
structure, one world, if you will. If that’s the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.”

I think that says it all!

Zindo

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Do you think I could use that line as a means not to file my taxes ?

It would seem that " them " keeping the info a secret hasn't helped us all that much either .

When one has more money then God one would think that this whole issue will be put on hold or handed from one judge to another until someone will take some one time cash payment to close the matter and and put an end to all debate on the issue .

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
This storyline reminds me of Jack Nicholson's words in A Few Good Men

You Can't Handle The Truth

All I can say is

Try us. I think we can handle it much better than they think.

[edit on 29-8-2009 by jam321]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I think they are more worried about the citizens starting to rip up fence rails and melting the streets for tar and ripping pillows apart for feathers. They just might be feeling the heat for real. Sure is a very lame excuse for not complying with the court order. It sounds more like an admittance of guilt than a true reason.

Zindo

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
If thats the case- then let it burn baby!

The truth shall set us all free. This government is a shadow government operating under its own wing. It's about time the lid is blown off and we see whats really going on. We can deal with the consequences of the economic downfall...let us not forget we survived 1 depression previously.

We're all already going broke anyways- what does it matter?

The truth is out there, except its being sat on.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
They got lots to hide! thir lying and theyv basically been caught red handed! its jsut a mtter of publicity and the truth oging to the media. LErt it collapse n fail; then, they are the ones who ahve caused this, aint tha right Bernenke and Paulson. Sad thing is, the justice system wont look into this. If it was someone like or me, wede be in standing before the man himself right now, vbeing sentenced. Goes to show, corporate america, the big banks, and our governemnt can committ as much lying, decite, murder, robbery as they please and get away scott free., then come back and rape us more in taxes, so THEY can get that big hse up cherry hill lane, possess 7 or 8 mercedes at taxpayers expense, and eat like kings, while we can baely afford table scraps or mosntanos food. I bet even the FED dosnt touch monstantos food! and they want us to be vaccinated! their lying about it all

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
If it was proven that the Fed has committed a crime then would it be fair to assume that the people / government could make a claim against the Fed and wipe out some of the nations debt ?

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Do you really want to be ruled by an entity that values secrecy over freedom of information?

I say fuc*it let 'em all die.

We'll just start over.

[edit on 30-8-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Stop spedning money you dont need too! conserve and save
its good for you
Buy only what you need, not as you please..if many participate like this, imagine how much damage would come down ont he federal reserve, as newspapers print "we the people are FED up" lol. yeah it would be a buympy ride for most of us, economically, but hey its goota start somewhere! and hopefully push those guiklty of financial crimes into the spotlight, and dealt with legally, i our ssytem has nay shred of true jsutice left in it

new topics

top topics

join