It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To dissent on the man-made global warming ‘consensus’ is seen as evidence of mental deficiency

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

"seen enough evidence to establish a link" between A and GW.

"it is plain dumb to claim humans are not effecting this cycle."

"our actions are exacerbating this cycle (CC) potentially to the point whee the planet becomes increasingly unable to support us."

This is "a position?"

You go from influence to determination in ONE POST!

This is your position:
"the article you presented is crap. "

Took you how many posts to say it?

i do not subscribe to one of the black or white stances you have so full heartedly subscribed to has left you floundering because you can't attack me.

It's not "black or white." It's about the AGW religion and the blasphemy of doubting the devoted.

The causal effect between man and tropospheric change is NOT the subject of the article. But, you didn't see that, did you? (You did not read the article, it is obvious.)

I take NOTHING "personal;" I have no feelings.

While you drifted off from the OP that "AGW advocates cannot doubt", nothing I've said here amounts to "desperate attempts to discredit me."

You've done an excellent job all by yourself.

I can sum up the article very succinctly:

AGW is 'writ in stone.'
Skeptics of AGW are "stupid," "ignorant," "DUMB," "idiotic," and worse.

I REFUSE to bow down before your god.

Deny ignorance!
jw

[edit on 31-8-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

OP: "To dissent on the man-made global warming ‘consensus’ is seen as evidence of mental deficiency"

Thank you for proving my point.

(Foster put you up to this, didn't he?)

Deny Ignorance!

jw

[edit on 31-8-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
And now animal takes his toys and goes home because the Animal was shown to prove the point of the tread. ROTFL

Unfortunately Maurice Strong has had two generations to pour cement into the minds of those who now worship "Mother Earth" They KNOW Cap and trade, the bank bail outs and the rest will collapse the USA and APPLAUD it even though they are sentencing their own children to horrible conditions. The mind washing of otherwise intelligent people is amazing.

If you try to debate AGW they twist it to "if there is even a tiny possiblity don't we have to act to protect the earth?" That is a direct quote from someone I consider a friend (PhD college prof.) With people like that who truly believe our kids do not stand a chance of learning to think for themselves.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
If you try to debate AGW they twist it to "if there is even a tiny possiblity don't we have to act to protect the earth?"

If you acknowkedge the reality of a "possibility," it's an "AHA" moment. If you refuse, you are "willfully ignorant" or worse.

Is this how we've trained our children to analyze and debate?

No wonder Gore, et al can chuckle all the way to the bank!

Samuel Clemens once observed: "Never underestimate ... " (you fill in the blanks).

Mr. Foster is dead-on in his analysis of AGW skeptics' precarious positions and, by implication, of the emptiness of those who have no substantive response to a legitimate assertion.

jw

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

If you acknowkedge the reality of a "possibility," it's an "AHA" moment. If you refuse, you are "willfully ignorant" or worse.

I consider it conceding defeat. He knows the skeptics have valid points, he knows cap and trade is not about CO2 but about pushing Agenda 21 and other UN agendas so he twists the argument to guilt you into an agreement.

It is the usual "lies are acceptable in service of the greater good." garbage.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

he twists the argument to guilt you into an agreement.

I'd never thought of it in those terms, but that is exactly what Foster was saying: if the AGW acolytes can't convince you with science, embarass you with insult, or harague you to silence, they try to force you into a defensive posture based on guilt.

Excellent observation. I should've seen it coming.

s4u

jw

top topics

<< 1   >>

join