It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jaycee Lee Dugard girls were like 'brainwashed zombies'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

So in other words you have no solution?

What was it you didn't like about the Leave it to Beaver Show?

You at least liked Lassie right?

You know I got bitten by a scorpion once on the hand under a full moon.

I still have the two little stinger marks and the poison is solidified inside of them on my hand. I bit him back!

Scorpions aren't all they are cracked up to be my friend.

Hey if you think of a solution feel free to post it.

You did like My Three Sons at least? Gun Smoke? Big Valley? How the West was Won? The Rockford Files?

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by St Vaast

The problem isn't a lack of police, or checks, the problem is lack of competent police and federal agents. They all look like geniuses on night time TV shows, but in the news, they come like the Keystone cops.

Federal Agents??? For what?

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
It seems that the problem boils down to the situation where we can have our police chasing down vice problems where consenting adults do what they choose to do, or we can have our police chasing down real crimes where depraved individuals commit horrendous crimes against our families.

I think our police should be concentrating on the horrendous crimes.

I have a daughter and this crime strikes at my soul.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
My dad is such a nosy spy that this guy would never been able to have gotten away with what he did for so long if my dad lived next to him.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by VinceP1974

I am also such a person.

It is such a twisted story, it is almost hard to believe.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
For all those wondering how the neighbors never noticed anything suspicious and reported on it, they actually did.

"

In 2006 one of Garrido's neighbors called 911 to inform them there were tents in the backyard with children living there and that Garrido was a "psychotic" with sexual addictions. A deputy sheriff spoke with Garrido at the front of the house for about 30 minutes and left after telling him there would be a code violation if people were living outside on the property.''

''His neighbors knew he was a registered sex offender. Kids on his block called him "Creepy Phil" and kept their distance. Parole agents and local law enforcement regularly visited his home and found nothing unusual.
''

www.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 8/30/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Godawgs251

Yes, fifteen years into this abduction, someone finally notices, and what do the police do? Nothing.

How can we fail as a society this badly.

Excuse me for being so outraged.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Fail as a society? because of a few individuals?

Speak for yourself.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by VinceP1974

But it is not just a few individuals.

It is an entirely ridiculous approach to morality.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Thanks for the explanation, it makes more sense knowing that.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I agree, I always thought that, at least when compared with Portuguese laws, the laws in the US give too much "weight" to crimes against the property when compared to those against people.

And I also agree that they give too much "weight" to "visibility" crimes, things that can affect what people see on the streets, like drugs and prostitution. Yes, drug dealing is a real problem, with many implications and crimes associated with it, but so is kidnapping and raping, it's just a different way of destroying someone's life.

About the neighbours, even if one neighbour noticed something and called the police, I don't see why they considered the case solved just by that. I know that things are not the same, but what I find hardest to understand is how someone can have on his home someone that does not belong there for 18 years and only one person thought something was wrong.

Portugal is a small country, with small towns, and while the town in which I live is large for a Portuguese town (with more than 100,000 inhabitants), we know our neighbours, the store owners around us know us, and even the cashiers in the supermarket knows us after some time, we talk with each other about our lives, we talk about other people's lives (some people do too much of that
), and we still have that feeling of neighbourhood, even if it does not extend for more than a block or two, people consider that area of the town in which they live as their home and all act as if they were almost like a large family.

Seeing the place where the Garridos lived on Google Earth (and with street view) I can see that the neighbourhood is much different from what I can see here in Portugal, it almost looks like a mix between a rural and a city environment, so maybe there is some lack of identity in that place that helps people keeping to themselves, but it's too strange for me when compared to what I am used to see.

PS: you know what they say about crime, that crime does not pay, and it does pay they call it something else.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Do you still have the street address? I want to look at in Google

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
There should be ZERO tolerance for sex offenses. Sex offenders should be jailed for life after one offense period.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Ugh, honestly, there is only one way to ensure monsters like this are not to hurt anyone ever again.

Only one way. And it's not via the courts or judicial system.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Good post, I am surprised other people don't get this.

Vice crimes against drugs and prostitution only create more corruption. It provides an income source for gangs, turf wars, all that stuff, and it has a very corrupting influence on the criminal justice system.

I'll bet if the one neighbor who finally took action had told the police the guy had the evil herb growing in his backyard, a dozen cops would have showed with a pack of dogs and went through his property with a fine toothed comb, and this poor woman he kidnapped as a girl would have gotten a few more years of her life back.

We used to be a nation of primarily small towns, and then over the last thirty years we were morphed into a land of suburban sprawl. This was essentially accomplished by the military industrial complex which wielded most of the economic control in the Eighties under Reagan. This has destroyed this nations sense of community.

The PTB have done one heck of a job on this country, destroying peoples ability to establish stability in their lives, and thereby destroying all sense of community, all through the con job of the free market.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I hate to say it but police are generally less competent than shows like Law and Order would have you believe. As someone else has said they usually need a tip from and informant, which generally comes in the form of everything they need to know to catch a guy.

Just look at the Son of Sam or Ted Bundy, both busted for minor traffic violations. If the do catch someone, it's often by accident.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Poet I understand your anger but he happens to be an SO that was caught. There are twice as many who just haven't been caught. Just because he is on the rapsheet doesn't mean a thing. It could of easily been a person who has never been caught.

And most crimes of rape and sexual are by people the victim knows! They tend to look there then at strangers.

Which is why the SF was suspect.

It is sad. And sadder still, there are probably a dozen more out there right now.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
He kidnapped and brutally raped a woman in 1976.

He should have been propped against a wall and shot. In the head. One bullet. In 1976.

Now some people will call me a barbarian. The total cost to the public would have been $.50 for the bullet. One innocent 11 year old girl wouldn't have lost her childhood and adult hood to sexual slavery treated like a beast. The children this creep spawned wouldn't have grown up like caged animals, and in all likelihood raped as well.

Was all that worth it so that the bleeding heart liberals can say they "didn't sink to his level" .... sorry... I would rather be called barbaric and shoot these bastards in the head than risk what happened to this little girl.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Honestly, not from what I have seen. There is an effort to classify everyone as a criminal, which makes it far easier for the real criminals to hide. A college prank can get you on the sex offender registry for life. This pretty much destroys the usability of the list. This is whacked up way of doing things.

Think about it, the more people they can classify as criminals, the more people who have less rights.

Guys like this should not be released from prison, and if they are they should be watched. This is a case of pure negligence, and from the stories I have tracked, and my own experiences, it is clear that our justice system is broken, and needs to be fixed. It seems to me that this situation like so many others is designed to turn our country even more into a police state. This is pretty convenient for convincing people that we need to spend more and more money on the police, and build an even bigger police state, that will even be worse at stopping criminals like this.

Probably the biggest problem are the vice laws which only succeed in creating more crime. This is what created the crime problems in this country in the first place.

Start from the beginning.

Why was this guy released from prison after serving only about 10 years of his fifty year sentence?

It is time for people to stop making excuses when the system fails this badly, and to start pushing for change.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
The reality is in 1970 with strong families this could not have happened.

The child would have never been so poorly attended and left in harm's way.

The perpetrator would have never been able to hide the fact he had an underage girl who wasn't his child living in his backyard in tents and a shed.

...those are examples of bs... sexual predators kidnapping kids happened in the 70s and the 60s and the 50s and as far back as you can go... the dugard girl was not "poorly attended and left in harm's way"... her stepfather was watching her walk to the bus stop... no one couldve predicted that a car would suddenly make a uturn and snatch her - not even you in your 1970s perfect world fantasy - and - back then, it was easier to hide kidnapping victims because the ward and june cleaver types just ignored "bad" things in lieu of baking cookies and getting their daily dose of propaganda via the 5o'clock news...

Well said! Let's not shift the blame from the perp! Predators (sexual or not) know their businesses. The how and when ordinary people would never think of. They will find a victim.

With regard to the police....I just read the story about the woman who got stripped but naked after being assaulted and producing her dead sister's ID. This girl lived 18 (!!!) years in his garden?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join