It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright UFO passes commercial jet: Captured from inside the aircraft

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Now i think THIS one is rather interesting!

www.examiner.com...

it shows a bright object passing through the clouds taken from a video camera inside the flight.

Not sure on the validity, i'll do a bit more digging and see what i come up with.

Fake screamers welcome!

October

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by October

It is weird, at first i thought it could be a police becon light, or club promotion thing but its way too bright and travels fast and at a distance along the clouds!

I have no idea to be honest!

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
That is very odd. At first I thought it was just a light reflection but towards the end there it seems to lose the brightness and you can somthing dissapear into the clouds.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
It seems to disappear at the end, sort of fade out. Some people are saying it's a sun reflection but it seems to be travelling in and out of the clouds...?

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The end makes me think reflection from inside the plane. Not 100% though.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
My first impression was a reflection of a light source from inside the plane...

I think I'll go with that.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Hmm, kind of looks like a reflection to me.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Looks like a spotlight being pointed at the clouds to me. Watch it dim as the clouds get thicker.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
That is really neat. I've seen some weird stuff while flying.

Here's some pictures of a light aura when I was flying over Nevada.

I'm not really sure if it's just some sort of refraction from the ground or the plane, but it changed sizes and moved around a lot. I thought it was interesting.

img.photobucket.com...

img.photobucket.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Malzypants

That is cool!

Trying to dig further on the youtube page for info and there is nothing. The text in the video is Japanese? it would be interesting to see if we can get hold of some footage of a real light reflection during a flight to compare.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
In my opinion it looks like the reading light above the seats on planes reflecting into the window. It seems pretty obvious IMHO that the 'object' is not moving, there is only an illusion of movement, plus the way the light appears just looks like a reflection in my opinion. Thanks for sharing this video with us.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Looks like a simple case of light from inside the cabin relecting onto the window either from the camcorder itself or from the angled reading light. Nothing to see here.

Edit after watching it all I retract the light from the camera theory. It's the reading light that fades to nothing as it's switched off. I've got a light a home that takes over two seconds to dim to nothing.

[edit on 29-8-2009 by sharps]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Just to add to my pictures...

They're not any reflection from inside the cabin. I had my flash off when I took them and I leaned my face right into the window to make sure it wasn't coming from inside.

I'm not sure what made them outside, though. Could be the plane??

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Could yours be some kind of trick of light due to the plastic inner window reacting with the outer window and water vapour or some such...

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sharps

I actually watched it for about fifteen minutes and it was not part of the window. You know how you can tell when you're looking out a window if it's reflecting light or causing illusions...it wasn't the window.

It would get bigger and smaller, and at that point I wasn't sure whether or not we were moving up and down or not...but we weren't descending to the airport.

I have no idea!

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

What you saw is referred to as a "glory". It gets bigger and smaller because the top surface of the clouds is uneven. The further below you, the smaller the ring.
www.philiplaven.com...

The subject of the OP may be a similar phenomenon, caused by backscattered light, referred to as heiligenschein. I think the clouds are distant enough so the shadow of the plane is not visible.

[edit on 8/29/2009 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Its a well-seen phenomenon known as a Halo, as the Aircraft blocks out the suns light the sun refracts around the plane creating a rainbow effect which can be seen cast upon the clouds.

astroprofspage.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
Its a well-seen phenomenon known as a Halo, as the Aircraft blocks out the suns light the sun refracts around the plane creating a rainbow effect which can be seen cast upon the clouds.

astroprofspage.com...
beat me to it. its a cool thing to see out the window of the plane. i was watching this for like 3 hours the last time i flew.

the plane is between the sun and the clouds and the sunlight coming around the plane makes this halo on the clouds below. sorry not a ufo.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I read about this once.

Back in the dogfighting days pilots were taught to dive out of the sun onto an opponent below. They were trained to keep the "bright spot" on the enemy plane which ensured that they were directly between the sun and the other plane.

The bright spot is a direct reflection of the sun. The spot in the video disappeared because a higher cloud covered the sun.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Oh thanks everyone!!

I figured it was some sort of light refraction with the ground/plane/clouds but I wasn't sure what caused it

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join