It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting to Know You

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I am not chat ready on this site but want to rreach out and make a few friends.
I started looking at the members list and randomly picking names to see what others were threading on.

I got a real kick out of the location list.
I am originally from Michigan and have lived in California, Montana, Washington, Colorado and Arkansas and now live in the middle of the desert Nevada.

All hell may break lose on earth soon and maybe the government will take over the net and then again maybe something none of us expected will happen.

Whatever happens I would like to have reached out and made connections.

I am also toying with a major experiment that i feel might be of help, now I just need the proverbial funding.

I tend to think outside the box and go where angels fear to tread.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritwomyn

Rock on! Welcome, have fun.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Hey Mike how do you get that cool pic next to your post? I tried but can't get anything.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
nice to meet you, noone ever has enough funding for shtf .lol
some nice places that you have lived.
Did you learn about wilderness, desert and urban survival in your travels?

They are some beautiful places to see indeed.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I have also tried to get a pic next to my posting's - no luck

Welcome!

I find myself reading all of the survival info - and hope I am learning things I didn't know before.

What disaster may strike - who knows? How to prepare - again who knows?

But it is interesting to watch this area to see what other folks are thinking and preparing!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Well I am about at the end of my rope. I have tried everything except lowering myself to crime or prostitution.

When I was growing up people helped each other.Also since my return from the dead, I find I do not understand the logic of humans. Years ago when I had money, if a friend needed money and it was just sitting in the bank, I gave it to them, whether it was money or tools or whatever, if i wasn't using it at the time i saw no reason not to let someone else. Last year I sold an eight year old business and gave a large chunk to my sis to save her house and take a class that would have given her employment at home for over $50,000 a year.

She took the money but not the class. Now she kicks me out because I made the mistake of reminding her of the class she did not take and maybe that is why she may lose her house yet again.

I have no truck, I greatly need one and a trailer so my daughter and I can pack up everything we have and leave here.

But I learned something and in so doing wonder if maybe we have all bought so much of the lie that we even hurt one another, even while pretending we are awake.

When Jesus said what he did in matthew 5:42, I believe he was demonstrating a truth, when we share energy or pass it around we not only free ourselves from attachment, but we free the ones we help as well.

I got to thinking about the finances of the world and the powers that be do the same thing and instill that into us. Especially the "is it tax deductible?" and "whats in it for me?" and of course "are they worthy and maybe they will spend it on." use your own words there.

I remember shortly after my "return" I was buying groceries and handed the lady a 20, I was dumbstruck that she not only gave me all that food but money back. All for a simple piece of paper.

We make things in massive numbers, we can't take it with us when we go, and yet, we are so attached to it, we end up being just like the ones we rail against just on a smaller scale.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by spiritwomyn

Im sorry to hear of your travails, it sounds like you are having some
very hard times. You mentioned your return, what do you
mean by that? Were you saved?
I really like you helpful and non-material attitude I must admit. The world
needs more people like you. I have done the same thing - at least with
everything BUT money since I never had much and have had to raise 4 sons.
What is your profession/skills? Are you saying you are unemployed
and homeless? That would be tragic indeed.
Thanks for reaching out! I'm an artist who loves nature. i live in Virginia
and wouldnt trade my state for anywhere, I love it so much. we have
mountains and the beach - and a swamp in my backyard. You can't beat
that! Look forward to hearing more from you. what are your favorite
forums? Personal interests? I hope all goes well for you and well talk at
you later. Best of luck , ATA

[edit on 18-9-2009 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I am a Death Survivor. Recently I was reading a book on the subject and I have to put in my two cents.

Jesus did not come to start the religion we call Christianity. He came to show us by example who and what we really are and what abilities we truly have access to.

A very important thing I brought back with me was that it is the wrong door.

jesus told us to follow him, and when you follow someone you end up in the same place.

Jesus transformed his body into light, He walked through the door you call death but walked right back in. They say the heat that needed to be applied to the Shroud of Turin had to be great indeed to leave the imprint it did.

When we go through the portal of death, we experience what we do based on our personal level of Spiritual growth. When we go through this door, we do reembody. Until we go the way Jesus did, we keep going around.

It is only through His door that we find true freedom. That is when heaven comes to earth.

Even the so called natives or others who through ritual get a glimpse of the heavens according to their beliefs, it is still a small view of a place that is , for lack of a better term, a holding city.

True freedom comes through one door, the door wherein we transform our bodies into light on this plane of existence.

Jesus told us how to do it, His words have deeper meanings and we need to take these words and make them our own as he said and meditate on them and ask for the deeper awareness. I find it interesting how so many adhere to Edgar Cayce and his readings that say what Jesus said, but we don't stribute anything to jesus, but to some one or other who reports it as a personal revelation, and yet these people do not walk on water or heal the sick at a touch or raise the dead.

The Roman church convened in the second century to silence this message, for if we knew we can communicate with a being higher then ourselves without the intervention of another, it would totally destroy the materialist power base on earth today.

Every conspiriacy entered into since has at its root the same exact concept, to deny the individual the power to be free and independent of another over them.

If we entered into a meditative practice daily even for ten minutes at the same time everyday and asked the same question, we would begin the training of our minds to be receptive to the answers that already lie within us all.

The attempt by "others" to use mind control is yet a final stamp on denying the freedom of the soul to be what it is intended to be.

There is no Satan running around trying to control us, it is our ignorance of truth, brought on in part by the creation of a priest class and false church to silence the truth.
Who can believe that God is Omnipotent, Omniscient, Omnipresent, that God says, "Am I not God, do I not fill heaven and earth?" If so then where is there room for any other power?

All evil is is our looking the wrong way. Like a shadow, when you turn toward the sun, it dissappears because it is not real in the first place.

We can change the course of coming events, we can bring down the needed help. We have the power within us if we only stop looking to others and governments and such. Spirt is within us all and if we joined in this meditation practice as one, what power we would yeild to free all.

All of these tribes, groups, communities,etc. that do not share because they think others unworthy or not Spiritual enough, have not found truth. Jesus wanted His truth shared with everyone. He wanted everyone free, like Him.

He told us that everything he did we can do and greater things. Well if we are not yet doing as he did, we still have a ways to go. Why do the religious deny the NDE stories? Because they do not believe in God and it is demonstrated by the fact they are not obeying Jesus edicts at all, but instead the words of the pope and the IRS. In fact we who have come back were ressurected. Isn't that what Jesus told them to do? Raise the dead? IF jesus wanted us to raise the dead, why do we think death is a path to heaven?

He said, "ours is a God of the living, not of the dead."

Let us not follow them, let us follow the one who shows us the way to become our real selves, here and Now.

new topics

top topics

join