It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yeti in Poland video?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Yeti experts are heading to Poland after a local man filmed a "monstrous, hairy creature" while on holiday in the Tatra mountains.

There have been rumours of a Polish Yeti in the area for centuries but this is the first time one of the strange creatures has been captured on film.

Piotr Kowalski, 27, from Warsaw was on a walking holiday in the Tatra mountains in Poland when he saw a mountain goat on one of the slopes. As he started filming, his attention was suddenly grabbed by the Yeti creature emerging from behind some rocks.

From the Romanian timesbut at least it has a couple of very blurry pictures to go with the story. Its all over the tabloids at the moment and there is a youtube video of it aswell. It would be nice to have a bit more footage of though. Not sure what to make of it, its not as if Poland is a Yeti hotspot.

[edit on 29-8-2009 by pazcat]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
looks like a man in a suit, by the way he moves.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Dont they all, and the way it balances with its hand on one of the rocks looks a bit dodgy. Still i guess you cant rule it out completely and its too far away to judge the scale correctly.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
If I had to guess, I'd say it looks human as well.

Though I don't think they all look like men in suits... I've always suspected the patterson footage was genuine.. and still do *shrug*

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

I was being a bit tongue in cheek with the 'dont they all' comment.
You can pretty much gaurantee its the first argument brought up. Its still an interesting video, and its reported that a team is going out to investigate the area wether or not they do or the results are ever published is another thing.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Nice find S&F

Hmm, Yeah some of his/its mannerisms look human however its too hard to tell with the unsteadiness of the camera, why can't they just keep him/it in frame and zoom in! It's so annoying!

There seems to be a reasonable amount of detail, can anybody capture a frame and zoom in? I think a good close-up look might reveal a lot.

But I'm not getting my hopes up

- Altru.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
As as i side note why in all the videos does the filmer insist on waving the camera about all over the place instead of holding it still for just a freaking moment or two.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Looks a little human to me....but then again, it is a giant ape-man. so it might look at little human after all

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
if that was a real yetti, no, even if there were five real yetti's, 15 bigfoot and 20 loch ness monster all together having a party, i wouldn't give a damn. i'm worry about something else, like the annihilation of mankind.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Reply to post by DOADOA

That is just plain wrong man. I'd have to stay at that party. Why doom and gloom if you could party? Priorities seem back to front.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
You would think who ever recodred that would have zoomed in and stood still to get a better quality video recording.

I think they did the giggling on purpose.

Man in a suit.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The film has been given to The Nautilis foundation for further analysis. The site is in Polish but you can run it through google translate.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
It is really annoying how much the video is shaking. That is what makes me suspect that this video may be a hoax. By shaking the camera around while shooting you are guaranteeing the film cannot be scrutinized too closely. On the other hand I cannot see why anyone would want to hoax this, but I can't see the reasoning behind hoaxing anything. The filmer is 29, it's not like he is 15. I am saying that I can see someone hoaxing if they are young and immature. Otherwise the only other reason I can see for hoaxing would be if they were going to make some money off of the thing. I guess that is just me though, as hoaxing seems to go on pretty regularly in these fields, such as cryptozoology and ufo's.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The shaking does make it hard to get a good lock on. But there could be a couple of moments i guess someone could capture and enhance, sadly i dont have the skills. It'd be nice if someone could. And i wonder if that was all of the footage or if they handed over anymore, he mentions a mountain goat and im sure that would of got spooked if some guys were running up the mountain in monkey suits. Hopefully the whole film turns up.

Also now im getting a 503 error on that Nautilus site, either they are busy or servicing it but it was working this morning.

[edit on 30-8-2009 by pazcat]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Gut instincts here, not fake, heres why i believe so.

Ok according to the news article dude gets the camera out to film a mountain goat which you can see at the end of the vid (Im pretty sure thats what it is anyways). Now I don't know what Polish mountain goats are like myself, but if those were humans that close to it, it probably would have hi tailed it out of there, on the other hand if those yeti's were in fact yeti's then perhaps the goat might be a bit more used to them, yetis being closer to nature than man. But the steadying with the hand on the rock kinda throws me off a bit as well i will admit.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
Dont they all, and the way it balances with its hand on one of the rocks looks a bit dodgy.

I agree. ANY wild animal knows it's habitat, environment & terrain. This "Yeti" seems to have to balance himself with his arms on the rocks. A wild animal would either (1) avoid such areas of difficult maneuvering or (2) would be able to traverse the area with ease. Because of this, I will have to jump on the HOAX boat.

Just my 2-cents

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
poland must still have 1970's era cameras...no detail, and for some reason the guys that shot this didn't seem all that interested in keeping the camera glued to these "yetis", like it was just another hiking trip. they remain calm, low keyed, as if they see this every day.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
As as i side note why in all the videos does the filmer insist on waving the camera about all over the place instead of holding it still for just a freaking moment or two.

Thats my major concern with the video as well.

He clearly sees the "yeti", and gets it in focus in the middle of the shot - then inexplicably decides to go back to the mountain goat, before returning to the "yeti". Once back at the "yeti" he seems to lose all control of the camera, while giggling continuously.

Add in the fact that if it was a real yeti, it should (in theory) be used to the terrain, whereas this one seems to use his hands to steady himself on the rocks.

I won't write it off totally but I'm highly skeptical of it.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
From the tone of their voice and the way they are speaking it sounds like a hoax. There is no excitement in their voice , it sounds scripted to me .

Just to avoid smart ass comments later , yes I speak Polish

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I can't say if it's real or not... but something I haven't seen mentioned is... is there TWO Yeti's in the video? It looks like the first Yeti filmed is in a different location than the second Yeti, judging by the rock formations around them. It looks like the camera films one Yeti, then there is the annoying shaking all over, and the camera goes in a different direction to ANOTHER Yeti. I only looked at the video twice but it appears, to me at least, that this is a video of TWO supposed Yeti's (or is the plural Yeti lol?).

Anyone else notice this? So, assuming this is a hoax and assuming that I am correct in my other assumption, then that means we would have TWO guys walking around in monkey suits. I'm not sure if that makes a difference but I think it would be the first multiple Bigfoot/Yeti sighting I've ever seen.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join