It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did anybody else hate District 9 ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
If you were expecting this movie to be the alien blockbuster of the year. Prepare yourself for disappointment. I only saw a few movies this year and this one was by far the worst including GI Joe.

I mean the shaky camera was just the beginning. The plotline seemed contrived and the characters weren't in any way endearing, even the poor aliens failed to gain my sympathy.

The ending didn't really even make that much sense to me, maybe because I drifted off and wasn't paying that much attention anymore.

anybody else expecting something better, but disappointed???

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I concur! I was expecting something more like Independence Day.

OMG I swear I wanted to leave after the first 20 minutes of it. But I did pay like 10 bucks to watch it so I suffered through it.

Two and a half hours of my life that I'll never get back. :shk:

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by red_leader

I take it you didn't read my review.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

I'm not to suprised. Nobody reads or seldom comments on my reviews.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Sorry double post.
Sorry double post.

[edit on 30-8-2009 by Chukkles]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Have no fear Whaaa I read almost all your reviews and comment of some of them. As you may know.

Didn't anyone watch Alive in Joberg, Niell Blomkamp's short that he then turned into District 9. It's pretty much all in the short, you get exactly how the movie will play out from it.
Now I have yet to see D 9 But I know I will like it because of the Short, it's not going to be your average alien film but more a piece about what may happen if aliens came here, what would they be here for? Resources perhaps.

Now if thats wrong it's because I haven't seen it, but thats what I image the story holds.

new topics

join