It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taking in to the streets - ObamaCare Protests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
On my way home from work today I saw about 50 people on the corner of a busy intersection holding up signs protesting the proposed healthcare bill.

It made my day to see people expressing their right to freedom of speech.

This was in O'Fallon, Missouri.

Yea Team America!!! It's time to get off the bench and fight for what we believe in.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
On my way home from work today I saw about 50 people on the corner of a busy intersection holding up signs protesting the proposed healthcare bill.

This was in O'Fallon, Missouri.

Yea Team America!!! It's time to get off the bench and fight for what we believe in.

And while everyone is fighting over big, bad, evil health care reform the states are busy churning away quarantine legislation under the radar. It is a joke, do you not see this??? They never intended to pass Health Care Reform like that of the UK. They know how lower and middle class America reacts to this stuff. We love the idea of capitalism and every man for himself. There is no way they thought this would fly here because we have been conditioned for years to think everything "socialized" is bad. You'd have to be an idiot to think America would vote for global health.

It was made so controversial for a reason. They knew it would erupt in this BS and keep people occupied fighting with each other while more and more of your civil liberties are being taken away behind your backs.

There is bigger fish to fry, people. The Patriot Act (thanks Republicans) limited our civil liberties and rights to privacy. The FCC consolidation made it impossible for smaller news networks to compete so we are fed news by two different "parties". The FEMA legislation (thanks Republicans) that grew the power of FEMA to suspend the Constitution in an emergency. The hullabaloo about the swine flu and the subsequent "quarantine legislation" (thanks Democrats).

I mean, come the frak on! Do you guys really not see that this is small potatoes??? Your money is nothing compared to freedom.

I want to move to another planet...

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by A Fortiori

My Lord.. lighten up.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Hmmm...even my sleepy town got in on this...

Protesters against Obama's health-care reforms gather again outside Mark Schauer's office in Jackson
mlive.com

Those opposed to President Barack Obama's health-care overhaul have protested outside U.S. Rep. Mark Schauer's Jackson district office three times this month, even though many don't think it will do any good.

"We hope that he has a conscience and takes our views into consideration," Jackson County Republican Party spokesman Ray Kuzminski said.

But, he said, he thinks the freshman Democrat will end up voting however House Speaker Nancy Pelosi wants him to vote.

Chuck Finkbeiner of Jackson attended all three rallies and also doesn't think any of it will influence Schauer.

"Hopefully, we can get him at the ballot box," Finkbeiner said.

[edit on 8/29/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Just out of curiosity, what is the population of this place? I see more than 50 people a month protesting god, religion, screaming the end is coming and all sorts of crazy things and I do not come from all that big a place. 50 people would not make 10% of one block. If seeing 50 people standing around yelling about things they are ignorant about really gets you going...then have at it.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

Just out of curiosity, what is the population of this place? I see more than 50 people a month protesting god, religion, screaming the end is coming and all sorts of crazy things and I do not come from all that big a place. 50 people would not make 10% of one block. If seeing 50 people standing around yelling about things they are ignorant about really gets you going...then have at it.

It took me ten seconds to find this:

Established in 1856, O'Fallon is the seventh largest city in Missouri and largest in St. Charles County, with a growing population of approximately 76,000 residents

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

I agree. Whether you are for or against their protest, it is healthy to see people protest.

I just hate it when thugs like ACORN or SEIU are bussed in to intimidate the protestors. But this is what we get with Obama.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by VinceP1974

It took me ten seconds to find this:

Established in 1856, O'Fallon is the seventh largest city in Missouri and largest in St. Charles County, with a growing population of approximately 76,000 residents

Well I guess I am glad it did not take you long? Did I make you look it up or do you just like giving the time it took? Anyway, so 0.065% of the population are out there protesting. Good for them.

top topics

join