It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird thing happened to me today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Today when I went to the mail box. I just saw a MEIJER accounting journal of my moms transaction from shopping their yesterday. Last night I checked the mail box and knew no one in my family put this paper there. I even asked my mom and other family memebers and they said no and now are nervious at how this got here.

So me and my dad is puzzled at how this got here. It has no address or any barcode or anything.

My mom used cash with this transaction no credit or debit card used.

It's a eletronic journal report. This made it to our mail box without any proper information for the U.S mail or other delivering agency to send this to our house.

So we don't know how this got here and why?

could someone explain to me how this got here? I would like inputs from you.

We are just trying to figure out how they knew our home address without us giving that information to them?

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by computerwiz32

That is strange! I don't live in the US so I couldnt tell you anything as I don't know how everything works over there! Sounds strange to me though! Good luck trying to find out the real reason behind it!

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by computerwiz32

I haven't been to Meijer in a while. Do they have those shopper cards like Kroger and such? If they do, they would have her address that way, but still not sure why they would send it to you. If they don't do the card thing and she just paid with cash, then I have absolutely no idea!

[edit on 8/29/2009 by gemineye]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

ya they do have such a program but my mom never applied for it. She only has the rewards program with speedway.

today we have like a journal entry from the accountants of their corp. I first thought my mom maybe underpaid or they owe us money but it dosen't show that.

It just shows the transaction. They have stamp on it saying MEIJER #55 then the address of the store location.

I see everything what my mom bought and says it's been paid in cash.

No reword program used. Yet we are stumped to figure out how MEIJER knew were we lived?

It's very puzziling and also scary to know that anyone in the U.S can figure out where you live simple and easy.

I personally think marking sectors are evaiding everyones privacy.

I am currently making my own website. I do have marketing tools for companies.

How I am doing it is that I will collect anyone that uses my site their cookies and other information.

I then will process that information and generate a rating or a general marking format data.

This way I just don't hand over all your information to marketing people with the raw data.

I personally think that companies that do that violates the privacy act.
Even if they have the person sign a contract or agreement to terms to allow such a thing.

The way I am doing it is to ethically provide information for the marketing people without giving very raw detailed information about the person.

I also will make sure who buys the information must be a business entity and not allow average people get this information to prevent hackers getting this information.

I am still stumped at how they found our address and I assumed they had some employee drive by our house to put this in our mail box because their is no valid way they can send this using the U.S mail without an address of destination.

well knowing this you should be warned that stores can find anything on you.

I say we are entering the Information wars era. Where now information will be in high demand even if it violates the privacy act.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
*if* this is psychological warfare, google "Gaslighting" then this is step #1,

"We know who you are and where you live"

What have you been up to lately?

That TPTB would not approve of? - Rhetorical Question not requiring your answer..

[edit on 29-8-2009 by seataka]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
can you post a pic? for those of us outside the U.S that dont know what this store is etc.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The store image is you want to know what the store is.

It's a private held corp. It's owned by family memebers. I was told it started in michigan the state I reside however I am not sure about that.

It's located in Michigan,Ohio,Illionis,indiana. I am not sure of any more states.

It's something like wal-mart. Same type of business except they are family own and don't trade stock on the stock exchange like wal-mart does.

here is the pic:

It's privetly owned corp.

What I got in the mail was a journal entery of the transactions my mom made.

I don't really know how they know were we live. I notice some stores do ask where you live.

Hope this helped. I just kinda scary to not know how a store or company knows where you live without you providing that information.

I heard on msnbc about some companies that sell your informations to companies.

They can sell data by addresses. Like who lives in the city and all resident information that can be obtained in some fashion.

I was told this is all legal ways to grab information about all americans.

So I sounds scary about what corperations can know about you that you wouldn't think they knew.

new topics

top topics

join