It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Amorous

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I wrote this story awhile ago and I did it without stopping. I know there a few typos and rhythm flaws here and there, but just ignore them and continue reading. This is the single most personal story I have ever written, and the person whom it was written for cried when she read it.

I don't know if it is actually that good or what, so that is why I am sharing it with ATS.

To whom it may concern: This story is based on true events. Although the content may not be completely accurate as memory recollects, it is written completely from the heart. This short story, in essence, is an art piece and should be seen as such. Its abstract nature leaves nothing to be answered and more story to be desired. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. Without further adieu, I present to you "The Amorous."

Author's note: This story jumps between 3 different character's and their point of views of the same story. It may get confusing the first time you read it, but if you have the patience, read it again and it will make more sense.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Blackness began to stain the pale cheeks of a beautiful girl as the tears relentlessly fell from her cold and lonely hues. Alone she now stood amidst a restless crowd oblivious or otherwise indifferent to her frantic manner. As she stood distraught and in disbelief, ominous clouds raced above; without warning rain began to fall. The girl averts her head upward to meet the raging storm clouds that smothered the endless skies, allowing the rain to conceal her evident breakdown. A slight smirk grew on her pretty face as masochistic thoughts raced through her mind: Even the heavens weep with turmoil. Several minutes had past before she realized she was now completely alone. With no point in staying any longer, the girl forced one foot in front of the other and began to walk down the wet and ongoing sidewalk.

As the girl aimlessly strolls along, she thought to herself of what had just happened. Not wanting to relive that emotionally-treacherous event, she shakes her head violently. Once the thoughts had subsided, she looked around. To her surprise she had walked a great distance for some time now, nearly half an hour. She had made her way to the outskirts of a small park around the neighborhood where she lived. Shrugging, she slowly walked toward a bench that resided under a giant oak. This particular spot was where she usually came to relax, but once she sat down, however, those thoughts suddenly returned. She couldn't help but continue breaking down; she curled up into a ball, resting her head in between her knees and began to cry. Her back began to spasm hysterically, the only apparent evidence that she was crying due to the thunderous roar above her.

: : : :

"I'll be back in a few, I am just going to take a quick walk." With that the boy stepped out into the cold world, shutting the door behind him. He looks up toward the sky and saw nothing but darkness, a sign of rain; this, however, didn't stop him. He needed the fresh air, time to himself away from the trivial drama that comes with family time. As he pressed onward an anxious emotion dwelt within. Such a foreign and ominous intuition confused him so, but with little thought he continues on with his jaunt. Destination? Anywhere his heart takes him. There is nothing more pleasing to the soul than freedom, and there couldn't be more freedom than the ability to enjoy the elegant beauty that of Mother Nature. Suddenly it began to rain.

Several moments had past before that awkward feeling returned to him, causing him to stop in his tracks. Frozen with anxiety, the boy attempts to tough it by forcing one foot forward; but alas his trials were in vain. His legs became weak, shaking semi-violently; his vision blurred slightly and the wind was knocked out of him. The overwhelming sensation proved to be too much for the adolescent, forcing his slim legs to give out, sending him crashing to his knees. Breaking his fall with his bare hands, he lets out a faint cry under his breath. A cry of pain.

His cold blue eyes raced around, taking in everything; the crowd, the darkened skies, and most importantly a beautiful girl that stood within a few feet from his form mixed together and stewed within his mind. Finally, with a deep breath, he breaks the silence between him and the girl, "I like you a lot, but this isn't working out.. It's over and it cannot be helped." The boy didn't even have enough dignity to look her in the eye as he ripped her heart from her chest with his bare hands, he didn't have the courage nor the strength to see what he was doing to her. Finally having stripped her innocent expression from upon her face, he grants her one last look in the eye before uttering under his breath, "Goodbye." And with that he turns and leaves her alone, disappearing into the crowd.

With a deep sigh the boy slams his back into a concrete wall, sliding his way down into a sitting position. He shades his eyes with his left hand, propping his arm up on his knee, and pulls out a cigarette with his right. Placing the slim between his lips he pulls out a lighter and sets it ablaze within seconds. Ironically, the lighter he had just put away belonged to the very girl he emotionally broke earlier. Without an apparent hint of remorse he puffs a few, staring blankly onward toward the blackened horizon as thunder roars across the endless heavens. Suddenly it began to rain, putting out the boy's last cigarette. Cursing silently to himself he flicks the wet cigarette away and glares up at the sky, allowing the rain to flood his face.

"What do you want from me?" the boy questioned aloud to no one in particular, "I did what I had to do.." The sky booms as if in response to the boy, which made him jump slightly. He levels his head and closes his eyes, "Jesus..I guess I am NOT done here.." With that he opens his eyes and slowly walks forward, taking his time. He knew what he had to do. A part of him urged him to forget, while another attempted to pull him along. The inner conflict went on, causing turmoil within his conscience. He was free as a bird, yet confined like a caged dog with the key just out of his reach. He continued on without another word spoken, his hands crammed in his pockets and his eyes set forward.

Hearing a crashing sound a few yards away, the girl lifts up her head. To her surprise she sees her friend on the ground, knelt over in pain. Her eyes widen as she stands to examine him to figure out if he was alright, but before she could take a step she froze when a faint voice called out her name, "Sammi..?" Unable to respond she stands stiff, looking straight into the fallen boy's frantic calm brown eyes. She attempts to speak out to him, but nothing comes out. With her mouth ajar, her previous emotions return suddenly, causing her to lose strength in her knees. She comes crashing down to Earth, but never touches the ground. The boy some how caught her before she could. Her heart fluttered when he spoke again, "Sammi, are you okay?"

"M-Michael..?" Her voice as faint as a mere whisper, "W-Wha.." She couldn't finish her question before she collapsed in his arms. She curled up into his chest and tried to secretly fight back the tears, but it was a battle she could not win. Her spasms continued as she cried silently in Michael's arms. Feeling helpless, the boy rested his hand on hers and gently stroked her arms in an attempt to sooth her into a sincere calmness. He wanted to cry with her, but he needed to stay strong for her. Still, her cries broke him down little by little as each second she continued. He wanted to save her, but he didn't know what to do. He was just as afraid as she was, and just as confused. Empathetic and concerned, Michael kisses the top of her head and rocked her slowly, speaking to her in a soft tone.

"Shh..it is okay..I am here now.." She looks up at him with her face covered with tears and blackness from her make-up. She does nothing but stares into his eyes, trying show that she didn't want his comfort or sympathy even though she did. Without her saying a word Michael knew what was on her mind, he could read her eyes. Sammi attempts to speak, but she cuts off with eyes of horror and anger simultaniously. Michael turns his head to face where she was looking, only to meet the form of the very guy that put her in this position in the first place.

"Ryan.." Her voice cracked suddenly as he slowly walked toward them, but still too far away to hear her.

"Sammi..you deserve better than him.." He gently yet assertively places his hand on her cheek and pushes her face into his direction in order to fully grab her attention, "look at me..you are a beautiful and very special young woman..you will get through this, but you wont do it alone; I will be here for you to catch you when you fall...I will be the one to carry you until you can walk on your two feet like the strong person that I know that you are."

Her eyes sparkled as his did, but she dropped her face, casting a shadow over her eyes. Ryan had finally reached the two of them. Michael glared up at him with fire in his eyes, yet he had a slight but fake smile on his face as if he was happy to see him. "Sammi..you got a minute?" Ryan taps her on the shoulder, only to have her thrust her shoulder with anger; she apparently didn't want him to touch her. She raised her head and looked at Michael with fiery eyes, Michael read her thoughts of murder. Sammi stood straight up without looking Ryan in the eye and grabbed his arm aggressively, walking forward without even so much as a goodbye to her friend. Ryan soon followed.

Michael could only watch as the girl he cared for walked off with the very person who hurt her so. A sharp pain rushed up his chest, but he ignored it. With his heart nearly broken at the event that had just taken place, he steadies his quivering lips and whispered to himself, "Stay sweet, my dear.." He lowers his head, casting a shadow over his darkened hues. With no need to sustain a sense of strength any longer, the boy gives in to emotions as tear after tear rolls down his innocent face. The rain had ceased.

Several hours and missed phone calls later, Michael still sits under the Oak tree. His eyes now dry, he waited the entire time for her to return. He was ready for anything; whether she were covered in blood or tears, he would be there for her with a helping hand. Finally two figures appeared off in the distance. It was Sammi and Ryan. His heart fluttered at the sight of her return, but it didn't last long. As soon as they came clear into view a few dozen yards away, he could see that their hands were locked together. A sinking feeling arose inside of Michael, but he did not show any sign of pain or weakness as they drew within mere feet of him.

"Hey..Michael.." Sammi's voice rang through his ears like a perfectly-tuned violin, "I cannot believe you waited for me the entire time.." She helped him up and gave him a sweet embrace, warming his cold soul slightly. "You have been through a lot today...I'm sorry for what I put you through.."

"There is nothing to be sorry about..I am just happy to see that you are...okay now.." He took a quick glance at Ryan who was avoiding eye contact, then he returned to his beloved friend, "I should get going now..it is getting late and my dad is going to yell at me for ignoring his calls." He hugs her again and kisses the top of her head like he had done earlier that day and began walking past the newly renewed couple, not saying another word. He hangs his head in disbelief and utmost sadness, but routinely held his head high until he was completely out of sight. Once he was, he lowered his head once again, casting a black shadow over his eyes. "Stay sweet, my dear.." He continued walking home, leaving a single tear behind on the pavement.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I like that one Kanji.

A lot of symbolism and a lot of depth and emotion to the characters.

Self-sacrifice for the love and happiness of another. Valiant...uncommon.

You tell a good story. I had no difficulty following it or visualizing it. It played out like a movie. Sure you got your career plans right?

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Bushido Kanji

It was very Touching. I Imagine that No One man could not Relate to such a Tale.

new topics

top topics

join