It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President with the book "The Post American World" photo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I saw this link on rense. I am very disapointed to see our President reading a book called "The Post American World". Could this photo be fake?? Is this the classic "In your face" MK? This is a statement it appears if its a real picture.Im try to keep a open mind its a fake photo.

multistalkervictims.org link

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
haha great find.

let him explaim this!!!

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by dntwastetime

seems like an interesting book
en.wikipedia.org...

I'm interested the last chapter, if anyone has a pdf

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
So i dunno i looked at the wikipedia page for the book and i don't that there is anything sinister there. It seems to me that the title was talking about a potential world where America wont be the only big global economic playing field. Just my 2 cents

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Well, at least if its real, we know that they are trying to destroy America.

Not good. Not good at all.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
So , what is big deal? He reads a book about economical/others perspective for US in near future. Wow. Why would president of US would need to read a book like this? Reading Rense makes much more sense for him....
If the book suggest decline in US power and if it is written by an expert in the field of political science it is pretty natural for US president to be interested in it.
By the way , what is this in Wiki article?

Criticism of the book focused on certain assertions made by Zakaria, as well as the focus of the book mirroring back a ruling narrative to meet the needs of the global elite.

en.wikipedia.org...
Can someone explain me what "mirroring back a ruling narrative to meet the needs of the global elite": means in plain English???
Edit - Please?

[edit on 29-8-2009 by ZeroKnowledge]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
It's just a book...

If somebody reads "Mein Kampf" does it mean that they are a Nazi?

No, of course not, it means they are trying to educate themselves.

Personally I think it is a good thing that the POTUS reads books other than the bible...

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Yeah, a president reading a book. What a sick individual. He must be stopped.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CRB86
Yeah, a president reading a book. What a sick individual. He must be stopped.

I bet its real. I bet this is just another conspiracy.

This might be my favorite post today.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
So what? I recently read through "Evolution Exposed" by Roger Patterson. Does this mean I am in agreement with the creationists or deny the veracity of evolution? Absolutely not. So why did I read it? You figure it out. You probably won't be any more correct in that supposition as you are in the supposition of Obama's motivation for reading "The Post American World".

[edit on 29-8-2009 by Lasheic]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The problem is that he is pushing an agenda that will kill America.

It isn't that much of a stretch to put the puzzle pieces together.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Go to your library and look up newspapers, political articles, debate transcriptions, television news round tables discussions, radio news broadcasts... whatever you can find from at least 1920 onward which debated policies in both your local state and in Washington.

People have been claiming that so-and-so this or that bill or policy or whatever will "Kill America" since the day after the U.S. Government was founded. The slander, lies, misrepresentations, speculations, projections... it's always been rampant.

Obama isn't pushing an agenda that will kill America. He's pushing an agenda he thinks will ultimately benefit America. Your fear of the unknown, of it's repercussions lead you to assume it will kill America. Or worse, someone else's manufactured fears they're feeding virally to the public like you - because they stand to either make or lose a lot of money depending on whether or not his policies are accepted. Either that, of someone is trying to make a buck via advertising or direct sales by spreading unfounded fears.

There is nothing more sobering than reading a 30 year old newspaper. You can't figure out what the headlines mean. You don't know who the people are. Theodore Green, John Sparkman, George Reedy, Jack Watson, Kenneth Duberstein. You thumb through page after page of vanished concerns — issues that apparently were vitally important at the time, and now don't matter at all. It's amazing how many pressing concerns are literally of the moment. ~ Michael Crichton

It's always been this way. It's just that now, it's like we have Michael Bay directing.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Yea Ok Its just a book ,its perfectly normal .I got it. That makes total sense. The Post American World book is great reading material for someone concentrating on rebuilding America. Completely normal.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
very interesting..I think it could be considered an insight to his mentality...

Knowing that he doesnt thinks he knows it all bodes well for him in my mind...

I thik the bigger question is who recommended the book to him?

I doubt he has the time to randomly peruse libraries, or research different reviews on the internet about books on "Americas decline"...

[edit on 29-8-2009 by open_eyeballs]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
This !@#$ is really starting to get to me!! Most of america fell for this whole thing and voted for him. "TPTB" nknew he would be a shoe-in. we all fell for it america. This really rubs me the wrong way. If youre a true patriot there has never been more of a time then now. they didnt wait around in 1776....why wait now?

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
This is ridiculous. Now the communist Marxists that are trying to destroy America aren't even hiding the fact that they read books.

If HUAC had been allowed to finish its job, this nonsense wouldn't be going on right now.

It's time for a new blacklist.

[edit on 29/8/09 by Fuggle]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

It actually does make sense to me. The one thing humanity has never been able to do with any degree of success is to check our own greed or stop the march of technology. A few outlier examples here and there - but as a whole, the world keeps turning. Once upon a time a Nation's prosperity was determined by how much agriculture they could produce for trade, weave into textiles, and other goods. It wasn't long ago that the Steam Engine and Assembly Line changed the world - killing the craftsman. Now prosperity relied upon what you could mass produce. However, through the agricultural and industrial revolutions - resources became the focal point of wars. Without land or resources - a people's prosperity was checked by their environment. This lead to expansion... to the development of empires. Industry became the marker for a nations prosperity up until the mid-20th century and the advent of the computer.

The information revolution is changing the paradigm once again, and America must stay on top of the pile if she wishes to remain prosperous and influential. Where once an island Nation like Japan sought expansion and empire to secure industry, now they can sustain themselves by being marketers, economists, researchers, inventors. They can develop a product with little regard to local resources. They can outsource labor and materials for a pittance - yet still make bankroll off the invention's sales, or through investments in foreign nations. These inventions, this research, are of little concern where they originate. They propagate out throughout the globe to the benefit of all mankind. American Genetics Research, Japanese Robotics advancements, European Stem Cell Research... these lay the foundations for tomorrows big bread winning companies. And this has lead to globalized markets, outsourced labor, and greater global stability. I recall an article a while ago in which a Chinese official mentioned that calling in American debts to them would be their "Nuclear Option". Nuclear, because it would mutually assured destruction. China depends on American prosperity - as we depend on Chinese prosperity. In the end, we are hopefully both more prosperous than we were independently.

As we transition from an Industrial to an Information economy - we empower second and third world nations to transition themselves from Agricultural societies to urban Industrial societies. This bring money, infrastructure, clean water, advanced health care, and other benefits to them. Even the poorest nations in the world are richer today on average than they were a century ago. It is helping to lessen the burden of poverty on humanity.

Consider the Internet - invented in America, mostly, but has spread and grown globally. It has empowered the economy and transformed business and trade. It brings cultures and worlds together through communication, and itself is helping to liberate nations and encourage liberty and freedom. Dissidents of a government now have public forums to gather, plan events, debate, and foster the free exchange of ideas. On one side of the globe, you have the ATS servers allowing people to share information on teaparties and whatnot... on the other side of the world, you have bloggers in Iran gathering protest groups and informing the world of their struggles and hardships. China is no longer the communist nation that Engels and Marx envisioned, nor their current Communist government the same ideologically as it was 40 years ago.

The New World Order is coming, and it cannot be stopped... because we cannot stop progress. Greed is a basic property of all life - the drive to consume resources endlessly until checked by the environment. This drives human greed. "If you're not making money, you're losing money". The markets will not allow us to stop the transition - because nobody wants to limit or lose their money. Ban a technology or research in one nation - and another will pick it up. An example; Bush's embryonic Stem Cell ban didn't halt the progress of Stem Cell research. It merely cost America valuable research gains over other nations who had no qualms exploring it. However, our influence on the world stage slowed the progress in some other nations - who traded ESCR for other economic concessions. Ultimately, it slowed down research for all of humanity - by removing us from the game, the #1 research and education resource wasn't able to compete. I'm talking Universities and Corporations here, of course. We have the most top collages in the world, but a piss-poor public education system for our children. (This will be a problem if not corrected).

You can't stop it, you can't fight it, you can't control it, and you're using it right now. A New World Order is coming, like it or not. Not born from a pushed agenda, but emergent from the global marketplace and society. Perhaps it's not the one you think is being planned and promoted... mostly an amalgamation of interactions to and management efforts of... but not the originator of the NWO I'm referring to.

The Post American World is a world in which any small nation without resources or military, can rival America's economic influence. Japan's thrashing of the American Automobile Industry during the oil crunch of the 70's and recession of the 80's posed a serious threat to one of America's most important remaining industrial bases during a critical transitional time. If we lost the Big 3, we lost a large chunk of our position on the world stage. Even today, the Auto Industry is still influential enough in our economy to warrant special bail outs and government assistance - such as "Cash for Clunkers". Newspapers across America are falling into bankruptcy and closing shop - yet they get nothing. They don't generate the money or employment the big 3 do either... and we have perfectly good replacements via the internet and television. The very mediums pushing the papers to the brink in an already bad economy.

The book pictured with Obama in the OP isn't about the fall of America, but the rise of the rest of world. With or without us, they WILL rise and challenge our position. It's useful as a thought experiment to take a speculative look into a possible post-American dominated world, to try to identify the hazards and potentials. So that as we transition TO the future, we have an idea of the pitfalls to look out for.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
First of all, Fareed Zakaria is a political genius, a centrist, and a realist. Anything he has written should be considered priority reading by anyone considering a career in politics, including the POTUS.

Secondly, The Post-American World is a nonfiction work about the current state of international politics, not some fictional tale about the collapse of America or the New World Order. The title may seem to imply that, but only if you're drawing your own misguided conclusions from it.

The book deals with other countries' growing influences on global powers, and how those countries were influenced by the United States. It also deals with America's strategy for handling its decline as the world superpower (which is inevitable, if not having already occurred).

Those who are assuming Obama is drawing influences on how to undermine America or start a NWO based on him reading this book are.. reaching doesn't seem like a strong enough word.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Don't judge a book by it's cover.

The post American world the book is referring to is about the United States not being the only world super-power. Which will happen inevitably without our big spending habits. India and China are on the rise, maybe YOU should read more often.

[edit on 8/31/2009 by Uniceft17]

top topics

join