It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Size Me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Has anyone else seen this?

I saw it last night. I enjoyed it. It was nauseating at points, imagining doing what he's doing. We've all had McDonalds food, and just the thought of nothing it that is... ugh... sickening. *barf*

I think it does an effective job in making you think about what you consume and it's effects on your body. Overall, it was worth seeing.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
What ARE you talking about??

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The documentary, Super Size Me, about a man who eats nothing but McDonalds 3 times a day, for 30 days, and has to super size it if he's offered it. Also tracked is his health, but several different doctors, and a nutritionist. He gains 25 lbs over the 30 day period, among other things...

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
McDogturds is ok every now and then, but three times a day ????

Now if I was offered Cornish Pasty and cider ...

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
*stares at own generous girth*

Crap, I eat lods of McDonalds. Perhaps that's what's causing the spare tire around my waist.

I would have volunteered for that. I'd have to sneak in some Pizza too, though.

The guys weight loss isn't really a surprise.

[Edited on 13-5-2004 by Zzub]

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Yikes !!!! I sure as Hell hope not, or I am a walking Subway Sandwich.

Seriously though. This does sound like an interesting film. Reminds me of the movie version of "fast food nation". If it's anything like that I'd love to see it. GOOD book.

Why would the guy choose McBarfTurds though...Gag me with a spoon

He should have chosen Subway. He could have LOST 25 pounds like Jared. hehheheee

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 01:34 AM
link   
hehe, it's funny, because they showed Jared buddy in the film, too, KayEm.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Omg..you can't be serious LOLOL

I HAVE to see this movie...is it on video, at the theaters, or WHAT ??? Speak ! LOL

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Ya, they show him speaking, he brings out his old pants, and then afterwards he's talking to an overweight girl and her mother.

It's in theatres, has been for a week or so. hehe

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
The documentary, Super Size Me, about a man who eats nothing but McDonalds 3 times a day, for 30 days, . Also tracked is his health, but several different doctors, and a nutritionist. He gains 25 lbs over the 30 day period, among other things...

which brings up the question can you sue mcd for making you fat?

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I don't think you can anymore, Jethro.

the "CheeseBurger Bill" was introduced to prevent such lawsuits, after a few of them were successful and people got money from fastfood companies for their obesity.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
I don't think you can anymore, Jethro.

Jethro!!!????? It think you mean Ivan. YIKES!!!!

Just kidding, easy mistake.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Ahhhh! Right you are, sorry about that. hehe, just saw Krazy and your name must've popped to mind!

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by KayEm
Yikes !!!! I sure as Hell hope not, or I am a walking Subway Sandwich.

He should have chosen Subway. He could have LOST 25 pounds like Jared. hehheheee

Yeah, me too ! I just eat so many subways sandwiches, it's crazy. They recently gave me (the subway near my job) a "VIP" card that gives me 10% of the regular price ! I'm not even kidding ! (I'll snap a picture of the card if you don't believe me) It was so funny, because my boss used to make joke like "Dude, you eat there so often you should be a VIP" or "Dude, you eat there so often they should deliver your sandwiches" and I didn't even knew those cards existed.

But I don't think the guy's plan was to loose weight, but more like gain lots of it, to show how bad the "average american" eats badly. And I think Mc Donald is probably the fast-food restaurant who is the more present in the whole world, so it's a good example.

Personnaly, I stopped eating at Mc Donald after some people I knew who worked there for a while told me some horror stories... I'll save you the details.

new topics

top topics

join